BREXIT

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: BREXIT

Postby GrahamB on Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:00 am

The Brexit lovers all seem to have vanished. How strange...

USB C has got nothing to do with Brexit. It's probably a good idea though, but since almost all phones apart from Apple are already USB C, it's just a problem for Apple. Assuming it does go through in 24 months (it's not final, final yet), it may well be that Apple has already ditched ports and is entirely using wireless charging for its phones by then. Apart from that, I don't really know.

The main problem right now is that we got rid of all the people we needed to make this country work under the misguided lies of taking back our sovereignty (that we already had) that people just lapped up. My local petrol station closed today. It's only a matter of time before an ambulance or a fire engine will run dry, with terrible consequences.
Last edited by GrahamB on Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:55 am

I thought the Brexiteers might argue that EU mandates on using usb-c was an example of why Brexit was a good thing. It's like sticking with the imperial system as a way to show independence.

But, what happens? If gas stations are dry, will that encourage more reliance on other energy sources. Are the double deckers in London electric?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:27 pm

Er, I don't know - why are you always asking me these big questions I don't feel equipped to answer? 8-)

What is your government doing about climate change? Will more people start using solar power in New York? How about wind power in California? How do Californians feel about USB C ??????? IS USB C big in Texas??????

Are Greyhound buses electric?
Last edited by GrahamB on Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:00 pm

NYC (at least the mayor) plans to buy more electric buses. :) but, afa the petrol shortage in England, I just read that it's mostly due to a lack of lorry drivers.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:36 pm

The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby vadaga on Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:59 pm

善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:16 pm

Can I just say, I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSOg8MH8tQs
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:48 am

The real question is who in the UK thinks the situation is better now. People don't seem to have changed their theories about why it's a good thing. Anyway, what position do you think Boris's eventual replacement will take?
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby vadaga on Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:26 am

It's a good question... I dont think even Labour have talked about rolling back Brexit and the replacement whether it is Sunak or Truss will likely continue on the Brexit path
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:08 am

Brexit has transcended from a mere policy into a total belief system that every potential prime minister must believe in. If you want it to work you just have to believe in it harder. It's completely divorced from reality. We're into unicorns and fairies now.

I thought this captured it perfectly:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ry-members

"But there is more to the Brexit mood than motifs of class and culture. For the mood is only partly about hostility to Europe. Mainly it’s about hostility to facts. Truss is the true Brexiter in this contest because she subscribes to magical thinking, believing that simply saying something is enough to will it into existence. You just have to close your eyes and wish really, really hard."
Last edited by GrahamB on Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby aamc on Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:31 pm

We're into unicorns and fairies now

Yup, politicians have to pretend its all going well, as those brexiteers will do somersaults and backflips to prevent any suggestion its not working. 'Its a mass delusion and everyone knows it was a super super bad decision.

The UK is a country with its head on backwards, cosplaying the second world war on repeat.
aamc
Wuji

Postby vadaga on Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:10 am

I saw that the Tories were talking about nominating Boris to be the next head of NATO once Stoltenberg leaves...

Brexit will end the UK if it's not reversed
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:40 am

GrahamB wrote:Can I just say, I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSOg8MH8tQs

My cousins in the UK had me watch a BBC report on the current traffic backlog of the past few weeks where it was so bad they decided to stay the hell at home.
BREXIT just seems to be business as usual where the politicians arsewipe comments profiled against a reality that they cannot excape and people are dumbfounded by the ceap they voted for and they wonder why they are there! The people voted them in but it would be interesting that the potential British PM would be of South Asian origin (Indian!) and how they can either solve the light in the tunnel ;D or is it an oncoming train ready to derail.

https://trinidadexpress.com/opinion/col ... c1f1a.html
Last edited by yeniseri on Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:23 am

Rishi has no chance. The next leader is voted for by 160,000 Conservative party members ONLY. That's our democracy. They're all old, white and Brexit fanatics.

I'm sure every Brexit enthusiast on this thread will now be proud to sit in that queue in Dover thanking Boris The Liar for their newfound sovereignty.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby gzregorz on Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:14 pm

Last edited by gzregorz on Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic