BREXIT

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: BREXIT

Postby gzregorz on Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:14 pm

Last edited by gzregorz on Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby gzregorz on Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:16 pm

vadaga wrote:It's a good question... I dont think even Labour have talked about rolling back Brexit and the replacement whether it is Sunak or Truss will likely continue on the Brexit path

As of today Sunak is saying they should have work visas so people can work in the UK. Obviously Brexit has its consequences.
Last edited by gzregorz on Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:26 am

Just looking back at the last page where I said Rishi wouldn't win the leadership contest. I was right, he didn't but we've ended up with him anyway because the insane members of the insane party running the UK voted for a leader so mad she had to resign after doing 30 billion of damage to the UK economy and making everybody's mortgages go up in her short 45 days in office by enacting the sort of economic policies that Brexit was designed to enable. Trashing the UK's reputation internationally for economic competence. Brexit lunacy met economic reality and it was all over so quickly nobody knew quite how to pick up the pieces. So now we're going to enter another period of austerity to pay for it. Cuts to public services, higher taxes and general misery for years.

Those Brexit voters still won't admit they were wrong though.
Last edited by GrahamB on Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Chai-drinking ninja.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic