BREXIT

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: BREXIT

Postby Steve James on Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:53 am

Hey Graham, where are the reports from people who are loving the Brexit?

What do you think about the EU decision to require usb-c ports on cellphones.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:00 am

The Brexit lovers all seem to have vanished. How strange...

USB C has got nothing to do with Brexit. It's probably a good idea though, but since almost all phones apart from Apple are already USB C, it's just a problem for Apple. Assuming it does go through in 24 months (it's not final, final yet), it may well be that Apple has already ditched ports and is entirely using wireless charging for its phones by then. Apart from that, I don't really know.

The main problem right now is that we got rid of all the people we needed to make this country work under the misguided lies of taking back our sovereignty (that we already had) that people just lapped up. My local petrol station closed today. It's only a matter of time before an ambulance or a fire engine will run dry, with terrible consequences.
Last edited by GrahamB on Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
I could be wrong.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:55 am

I thought the Brexiteers might argue that EU mandates on using usb-c was an example of why Brexit was a good thing. It's like sticking with the imperial system as a way to show independence.

But, what happens? If gas stations are dry, will that encourage more reliance on other energy sources. Are the double deckers in London electric?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:27 pm

Er, I don't know - why are you always asking me these big questions I don't feel equipped to answer? 8-)

What is your government doing about climate change? Will more people start using solar power in New York? How about wind power in California? How do Californians feel about USB C ??????? IS USB C big in Texas??????

Are Greyhound buses electric?
Last edited by GrahamB on Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I could be wrong.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:00 pm

NYC (at least the mayor) plans to buy more electric buses. :) but, afa the petrol shortage in England, I just read that it's mostly due to a lack of lorry drivers.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby oragami_itto on Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:36 pm

"Never met a word that I wouldn't like a weapon just brandish."
- El-Producto
oragami_itto
Wuji

Postby vadaga on Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:59 pm

善人和气一团
vadaga