BREXIT

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: BREXIT

Postby GrahamB on Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:17 pm

Just listen to all those poor confused souls shouting "stop the coup!" drowning out our lovely Prime Minister just tries to tell us he's going to *break the law* like a dictator to get Brexit over the finish line.

If only they knew - it may hurt, but it's for your own good people! - just ask George! It'll hurt less if you just stop struggling! Shhhh shhh it will all be over soon!

Video:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1168587449997697026

Last edited by GrahamB on Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:36 am

So as I understand. ‘The city of London(Corporation)’/‘The Square Mile’, the City within the city with its own laws and by so also its own police force, it has its own Mayor, it’s almost as an sovereign state as the Vatican of Rome.
It’s the financial hub of the EU/(world). And the Corporation want to stay within the EU, so why not, couldn’t The Square Mile stay and Harbour eventual “refugees” fromthe rest of Britain when they exit.?.....Go with the spirit of Colony that was once tight with the Corporation 8-)
Trick

Postby GrahamB on Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:25 am

Well you may understand it that way, but reality would beg to differ ;D
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:32 am

yes the reality probably will be that The City of London stay put 8-)
Trick

Postby cloudz on Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:46 am

grzegorz wrote:
No, it will work out that all this bollox has been blown out so far of all proportion that I'm chatting about it with someone living thousands of miles away and seems to care, personally, about something that will not effect them directly in 100 lifteimes. Save your sympathies for someone who needs them.

F@#$ that bull@#$@!

I don't live in Xinjiang either but I can still have an opinion on it.

I was also out of the military during the second invasion of Iraq does that mean I just have to go with it?

It's the internet mate, everyone can express their opinions on anything including Graham on US gun voilence. People only go to that one when they can't win an argument.

I tell you what though I would have been interested in living in the UK as a Yank with my EU wife and kids. I have been around Brits for about 5 years and somehow I generally find that I can identify with the English better than most Yanks, except for the uptight ones that is.

I would have been happy to retire to the island with my pension and savings and giving my wife the ability to fly home in an hour but now it's not going to happen. Too bad really, it would have been cool to do acupuncture in the UK as a retiree. I have been told that in comparison to here the acupuncture training is better and easier to get licensed whereas here it is anything but easy and can cost an arm and leg.

No biggie. One door closed and and opens but it seems to me that if you really believe all is well then you'd stop posting and go live your life.

Btw, it probably will affect me in a positive way. The UK economy will crash, the world economy will follow and Trump will get his orange ass voted out of office. It will be as glorious as the time England won the world cup! :D

Of course he will cheat just as he does on his taxes and wives so we shall see.

right... and your opinion does not have to matter to me one little jot does it fella,
told you before i didn't want to converse with you on this thread, so replying to my posts is just baiting me to be a dick to you.

Can't be asked to read 95% of that post because i Have no interest in you or what you think.
You just like the drama of it all I'm sure, you're probably just some sad old single bloke with nothing better to do, aren't you.
you're like one of those grim voyuers that like to slow down to a crawl for car crashes.

no one has to listen to every asshole with an opinion now do they.

amaright ;D
Last edited by cloudz on Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:47 am

Unity is raining down!
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby cloudz on Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:46 am

I think unity in a situation like this means trying to compromise with the other side.
parliament voted on every possible thing they could have on a deal struck by a remainer with the EU.

The result: stalemate

It is impossible and untenable to go into a negotitiation or in this case re-negotiation that involves preserving your own interest whilst simultaniously giving up that interest and conceding by ruling out your one and only true bargaining position.

The only alternative seems to be kicking the can indefinitely down the road; that, doesn't work for me.

Real Unity that means anything in the context of this thread here; really means the UK being united in negotitions with the EU.
Clearly we know exactly who the people are that have no idea what unity means.

It means if you lose a game, even by a single point, you respect the result and you unite on the meaning of that result and the course of action it dictates.

But here we are, words being thrown around as if they are being done so with any true meaning at all.
I applaud the pair of you, for giving me every reason to double down on my own opinions.

As my fellow human beings I would nonetheless like nothing more than to reflect Gods love back your way.
God bless and good luck.

As with so much of human emotional behaviour..
no hapiness without sadness..
There can be no unity without conflict and no conflict without unity
just the yin and yang of life
Last edited by cloudz on Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:15 am

"The Conservative MP Phillip Lee has defected to join the Liberal Democrats, leaving the government without a majority in parliament.

The MP for Bracknell, who has been a staunch campaigner for remain, said he quit over the way Boris Johnson was pursuing a “damaging Brexit” that could “put lives at risk”."
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:27 am

Live footage of the government's majority disapearing as he talks. Johnson looking increasingly desperate.

https://twitter.com/dcakraemer/status/1 ... 4706924547
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:21 am

What was it again? It's on the tip of my tongue. You know, that thing that we were taking back from those pesky unelected bureaucrats... began with 'C'.... what was it again?

Last edited by GrahamB on Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:10 am

Rory Stewart was running for leadership of the Conservative party a few weeks ago. Today he was thrown out of the party by text message. Extraordinary!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1169134941059330049
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:45 am

Boris Johnson's own brother dramatically quit as an MP and government minister, accusing him of trashing the national interest

Jo Johnson, the younger brother of British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, has stepped down as a member of parliament, saying he is "torn between family loyalty and the national interest" in a tweet Thursday.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -QUIT.html
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:50 am

It's the first case of a man retiring to spend less time with his family :D :D :D :D
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:04 am

Stephen Frye had a joke about that a few years back. A priest was explaining to him that if he went to heaven after he died, he would spend the rest of eternity with his family. He replied, "And what happens if I'm good?"
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:28 am

"Ministers now believe that a no-deal Brexit will be significantly worse than they previously expected, with predictions of thousands of immediate job losses in tourism and “carnage” in the fishing sector, after discussions at Cabinet on Tuesday night.

Minister for Foreign Affairs Simon Coveney briefed his colleagues at the meeting, which ran for 4½ hours and included a lengthy discussion about no-deal planning.

Cabinet members were circulated with a document on the likely implications of no-deal, which was later collected from them, and which left several Ministers taken aback by the severity of the warnings.

They were told that 10,000 jobs in the tourism and hospitality industry were likely to be lost in the first three months after Brexit."

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politic ... -1.4008114
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic