Wake up and smell the facism!

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Wake up and smell the facism!

Postby grzegorz on Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:43 am

chud wrote:
BruceP wrote:He's living rent-free in a lot of peoples' heads and lefties are exhibiting some of the most extreme levels of intolerance and collective hate I've ever seen.

Yep, left wingers really are violent totalitarians at heart.

Trump ran on hate and division. How is it a surprise that we now live in a country full of hatred and division?

This is just the beginning and it won't stop until Trump is gone.

Thanks Trump!

By the way, that photo could have been from anything.

Meanwhile Arizona continues to shred the Constitution with the cops attacking old ladies exercising their right to protest and here is the proof.

Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:07 am, edited 8 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:46 am

BruceP wrote:
Dmitri wrote:People will always herd, one way or another.

True. But there are lots of us who won't.

Says the man who says illegals from the US are coming to Canada w/o any proof.

You have chosen side. Why live in denial?

I don't care one way or the other what Trump says or does.

So Trump gets a free pass but a coal miner's widow losing her benefits b/c the GOP signed them away has no rights? Screw that! That isn't America! And many of us here have no desire to live in Canada which is why we fight.

I am one of few Yankees that have been there and it was nice but no thank you.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby BruceP on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:13 am

grzegorz wrote:
Says the man who says illegals from the US are coming to Canada w/o any proof.

You have chosen side. Why live in denial?

Like I wrote earlier, you really don't know what's going on at that stretch of border. It's all going to come out in the wash eventually.

I highlighted the part you think is unsubstantiated - too early to disclose how most Canadians know about it because our border services hasn't made an official statement regarding the proof people that live in those areas are discovering in the snow along roadsides and fencelines.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Americas ... mmigration

March 5, 2017 Despite an uptick in illegal immigration in recent months, Canada won't be tightening its border security anytime soon.

Several hundred people have illegally crossed into Canada from the United States since the beginning of the year, officials say, with much of the activity taking place in the weeks immediately following President Trump's controversial executive order temporarily barring refugees and citizens of seven majority-Muslim countries from entering the United States.

Canadian and US government officials are working to find a way to handle the recent influx of asylum seekers, with Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly expected to visit Canada later this month to discuss border security. But for now, said Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale on Saturday, the increase isn't enough to warrant additional border security measures.

"We are concerned and we will deal properly with the extra hundreds," said Mr. Goodale said at a news conference in Emerson, located near the North Dakota border. "But the full border deals with 400,000 people moving in both directions every day. It also handles (more than $1 trillion) in trade every day.

At least 183 people have walked across the border in freezing temperatures since Jan. 1, according to Royal Canadian Mounted Police in Manitoba.

But "the current accelerated rate started in the first week of February," Goodale said Saturday. "We've been following this very, very closely."

The 2016 presidential campaign elicited warnings – sometimes serious, sometimes lighthearted from scores of Trump opponents vowing to move north in the event of a Trump victory. In the days following the election, Canadian real estate brokers reported a surge in interest from American homebuyers and some disappointed voters have already followed through on their promises to relocate. But the majority of those crossing over illegally, experts say, are not disgruntled American citizens, but anxious refugees and undocumented immigrants seeking asylum.

The campaign rhetoric and election victory of Trump, who said on "60 Minutes" in November that he planned to deport or incarcerate "2 million or 3 million" undocumented immigrants with a criminal record upon taking office, led many of the estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants in the United States to fear for their future. More than 1,200 people entered Quebec illegally and requested refugee status in 2016 – nearly five times the total in 2015 according to the Canada Border Services Agency. More people requested refugee status this past November alone than throughout all of the previous year.

That surge, immigrant rights advocates say, saw a greater increase with the signing of Trump's now-frozen travel ban blocking refugees and citizens of seven majority-Muslim countries.Â

"A comment that we might hear is that they're scared of what's happening in the US," Rita Chahal of the Manitoba Interfaith Immigration Council told The Guardian in February. "A couple of people have said they watched what happened in the airports last weekend, they were afraid. They're afraid that they might get put in detention, they might get deported, that their applications won't be accepted, so they express a lot of fear.

One reason why crossing illegally is so appealing, experts say, is the Canada-US Safe Third Country Agreement. Under this agreement, established in 2004, a person who is in the US, which is considered a safe country, cannot request to be admitted into Canada as a refugee. But those who request refugee status once they are already on Canadian soil –  and are able to pass criminal checks – will be allowed to have their cases considered.

The process to apply for refugee status is considerably quicker than the process in the United States. Anyone caught trying to cross the Canadian border can apply for refugee status. The applicant will then receive a date to appear before a refugee tribunal, which by law cannot be more than two months away. In the meantime, there is no need to wait in a detention center unlike in the United States and anyone put in detention has the right to see a judge within 24 hours.

Typically, about 60 percent of immigrants who go before the tribunal are granted asylum, but chances partly depend on the country of origin, Melissa Anderson, spokeswoman for the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada, told Public Radio International (PRI) last month. Citizens of Syria, Iraq, and Eritrea have an acceptance rate of more than 80 percent and are not required to appear before the refugee tribunal in person. Members of the Roma minority from Romania and Hungary are also usually accepted.
Appeals to authority is why we can't have nice things
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:21 am

Bruce,

You stated that they illegally arrived in the US and are now illegally arriving in Canada.

You have no proof of them illegally arriving in the US.

You are no different from Trump claiming Obama wire tapped Trump Tower with no proof.

You are not neutral. You clearly have a dog in this fight and only read news that serves your belief system. For all intensive purposes you are a typical Trump supporter.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby BruceP on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:37 am

grzegorz wrote:Bruce,

You stated that they illegally arrived in the US and are now illegally arriving in Canada.

You have no proof of them illegally arriving in the US.

You are no different from Trump claiming Obama wire tapped Trump Tower with no proof.

You are not neutral. You clearly have a dog in this fight and only read news that serves your belief system. For all intensive purposes you are a typical Trump supporter.

No, I sure don't have proof of their status upon arrival. Never made any claim implying such a thing, either.

I didn't say anything like that. Here's what I actually said:

Yeah, isn't that terrible? People living illegally in your country crossing the border, illegally, into mine because your government is enforcing your country's immigration laws - fascists!.

Not "arriving", but "living" illegally in your country. This is getting tedious and now you've gone full fallacy LOL Joining the ranks of Godwin's Law guy in knowing the operation of my mind and where I source my 'news'.

It's been going on for years and it's surging since Trump's election

Here's a story from 7 years ago. Nothing has changed regards the status of many illegals in your country entering Canada illegally. Note that it's CTV - one of our two major 'lefty' news outlets.

The Canadian Press
Published Saturday, April 30, 2011 10:21PM EDT

VANCOUVER - American politicians have long believed that Canada is a gateway for illegal immigrants wanting to get into their country, but an internal U.S. consular memo suggests the gate may be swinging the other way.

A cable released recently by online whistleblower Wikileaks says immigrants are living illegally for several years in the U.S. first, and then crossing into Canada and trying to fraudulently gain legal status in Vancouver.

U.S. consul in Vancouver Phillip Chicola wrote to the White House that immigrants show up in Canada with new passports and different names to cover up previous orders of removal or unlawful presence in America.

"There continues to be incidences where applicants try to cover up prior orders of removal or unlawful presence in the U.S.," Chicola wrote in the Feb. 23, 2010 cable. "Usually, these applicants have only recently arrived in Canada to seek legal status after residing unlawfully in the U.S. for years."

In addition to standard identification systems, he adds, an illegal immigrant's American regional accent or better-than-average English will give away the fact that they have been living in the U.S. for a long time.

Authorities in both countries have long referred to their boundary as being the longest unfortified border in the world. But U.S. officials have previously accused Canada of being an easy stepping stone for illegal aliens to get into the U.S.

Don DeVoretz, an observer of immigration issues and economics professor at B.C.'s Simon Fraser University, says it's ironic that illegal aliens are using the U.S. as a "way station" to get into Canada.

"It's just usually thought the other way around," DeVoretz said in an interview. "Americans think of it as terrorists waiting at their back door."

The diplomatic cable goes on to note that H-1B visa fraud is the most notable category detected in Vancouver and Calgary, during the reporting period of February 2010. The H-1B is a temporary worker visa for highly education people in speciality occupations, such as engineering, computer science or medicine.

These cases have decreased in Vancouver since the last reporting period, Chicola said, and Calgary officers continue to "work aggressively" to identify possible H-1B fraud cases.

DeVoretz said instances of this fraud jumped in 2008 when the economy tanked and countless people in the U.S., working immigrants included, were laid off

Upon losing their job, one of the requirements to stay in America, those immigrants were no longer living legally in the U.S. and had to leave the country, DeVoretz said. Many of them, a large portion of them of South Asian descent, chose to try their luck in Canada.

The gate swinging the other way and immigrants succeeding in fraudulently gaining status in Canada after living illegally in the U.S. suggests Canada may need to beef up its border security, he added.

Unless they are refugees, their failure to live legally in the U.S. doesn't affect their ability to gain legal status in Canada, he said, but perhaps it should.

"There's a suggestion here that perhaps Canada is not doing due diligence. People fail (to live legally) somewhere else and we're sort of letting them in."

In the final paragraphs of his cable, Chicola still notes that given Vancouver's proximity to the U.S., he is concerned that immigrants view the region "as a transit center for ultimate illegal entry into the United States."
Last edited by BruceP on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:06 pm

Bruce,

You have yet to prove that all these asylum seekers were living illegally in the US which is ironic considering you are the one who keeps complaining about fake news.

End of story.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby BruceP on Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:55 pm

You have yet to prove that all these asylum seekers were living illegally in the US which is ironic considering you are the one who keeps complaining about fake news.

End of story.

All? Where did I claim they were ALL living illegally in the US? Some have legit legal status documentation but many don't.

From the article linked below:

The man then appeared to grab their passports from the U.S. officer before making a run for the border. The officer yelled and gave chase but stopped at the border marker. Canadian police took hold of the man’s arm as he crossed.

The border patrol officer told his counterpart that the man was in the United States illegally and that he would have detained him

http://globalnews.ca/news/3258261/canad ... rs-border/

I'm not complaining about fake news at all. It's playing a vital role on that social evolution thing I've been talking about. It's a necessary component and I accept it as such while staying far enough away from it that I can see it for what it is.

This thread started out with fake news in the opening post as an example of the fascism we're supposed to be smelling.
Last edited by BruceP on Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:58 pm

Dmitri wrote:People will always herd, one way or another.

:)
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby BruceP on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:23 pm

End of story.

Here's another news item (02/21/2017) from that bad ol' lefty news outlet, CTV, where a member of the RCMP Integrated Border Enforcement Team made some fake news for me:

In the past few months Byrne has arrested more people who are willing to be caught because they are fleeing persecution.

"We have people without documents, we have people with as you say fake documents, we have people with legitimate documents," said Byrne

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/border-patro ... -1.3295494

Pretty much what I've stated. End of story yet?
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:51 pm

I say Canada should build a wall. ;D
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby BruceP on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:16 pm

We're on it, Dmitri! As soon as we figure out how to make America pay for it 8-)
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:28 pm

BruceP wrote:
All? Where did I claim they were ALL living illegally in the US? Some have legit legal status documentation but many don't.

Here is your original claim. No where in there did you say some.

BruceP wrote:
grzegorz wrote:
Thank you for the correction, I posted this equally disturbing video of which there are thousands.

https://youtu.be/shfgp6Z0rF0

Yeah, isn't that terrible? People living illegally in your country crossing the border, illegally, into mine because your government is enforcing your country's immigration laws - fascists!. Weird how the TV crew is right there, too.

Thanks for clarifying.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:34 pm

BruceP wrote:Great summation of how important it is for meaningful grass-roots dialogue between those who support Trump and those who don't:

Social evolution is shaping up to become revolutionary beyond the media of facebook, twitter and webforums like this one. MSM is losing its relevance as the order of things is taken beyond the influence MSM purports to broker. History suggests that Trump's presidency needs more time in before that'll happen, though.

In this part of Harris' podcast from an hour and a half on Feb. 15, 2017, he says the left's identity politics is wrong and also failing to work against Trump, whom he accuses of being a pathological liar. Then Harris goes into an explanation of why either/or logical choices are not being used by Trump defenders, which proves they are unable to see or admit his lies, and he claims not a single of them can defend Trump's lying. It sounds to me that Harris fails to understand why Trump is popular and why he won the election.

Harris says Trump is a narcissist and a pathological liar and I could sum up by saying that means he's extremely selfish. However, people want that necessary personality trait of selfishness to be expressed by their president—despite the implications of Trump's individual pathology being extremely troubling to Harris or other Trump opponents—in order to serve their interests for economic and cultural survival.

They want a greedy, selfish president to protect their interests because those traits make sense, are more real, more genuine and more necessary, and less damaging than the left's claimed altruistic reasons for mass immigration, which is really just a way to buy voters by letting them into the country.

The extremity of immigration policies and failure to prevent illegal immigration appears much more damaging economically and culturally, as well as threatening to security, than the damage potential of Trump's lying.

The extremity of outsourcing and environmental policies that are perceived to be the root cause for unemployment appear to be a much greater threat to Trump supporters than what Harris describes as his lying and inarticulateness.
"If you treat your incarnation in this reality as one giant jail break you are definitely missing the whole point in being here." -Peacedog
Michael
Great Old One

Postby BruceP on Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:39 pm

grzegorz wrote:
No where in there did you say some.

Thanks for clarifying.

Oh my goodness. Some? I know what I wrote and it would be true even if it were only two, but it isn't only two. And when the wash is done it'll be more than some (pronoun).

This back-and-forth has been a pretty boiled down version of how a false narrative gets created, and how 'fake news' is generated. MSM does it all the time with sound bites, contextual acrobatics and artful semantics.

Just start creatively interpreting the other guy's words until you're attributing statements to them that they didn't actually make.
Like when you wrote; "You stated that they arrived illegally in the US and now are illegally arriving in Canada"
Tacking something a person did say to the ass-end of something they didn't say is intellectually dishonest.

And if that doesn't work, go with personal commentary, ie: "You are no different from Trump..." "You are not neutral" "You clearly have a dog in this fight..." "...you are a typical Trump supporter"

If that has no effect, move the goal posts to make someone's statement appear to be claiming something it isn't - re: "...all these asylum seekers..." That's just bad form. A last-ditch effort to discredit the truth of what was said.

I smell something...
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:30 am

BruceP wrote:
grzegorz wrote:
No where in there did you say some.
Thanks for clarifying.

Oh my goodness. Some? I know what I wrote and it would be true even if it were only two, but it isn't only two. And when the wash is done it'll be more than some (pronoun).

This back-and-forth has been a pretty boiled down version of how a false narrative gets created, and how 'fake news' is generated. MSM does it all the time with sound bites, contextual acrobatics and artful semantics.

Says the man who got offended and insulted when I pointed out that working class whites voted in Trump.

BruceP wrote:
grzegorz wrote:
I wouldn't say it was media bias as much as the white vote in the rust belt states..

Further insult to peoples' intelligence when they know something's rotting

Btw Bruce, you have been saying that same thing since election day. I get it you don't trust MSM as you say. You posted this right after the election.

BruceP wrote:Greg, CNN cutting live feeds with folks when they started talking about WikiLeaks, Project Veritas, ballot stuffing against Bernie, etc, etc...

I didn't need to tune into MSNBC or CBS or ABC for my daily reminder of how evil Trump is/was - I just came here and read through the discussions you all were having.

The sky isn't falling, though. It's just people casting their one ballot against the lies, omissions, unfairness, and deceptive tactics MSM knowingly and willfully attempted in crafting a false narrative. Where was their investigative reporting on the videos of DNC ballot stuffing? DNC paying people to incite violence at Trump rallies? Soros throwing money into the boiler of 'social justice'? Pay for play? Qatari and Saudi millions paid toward the future shaping of US foreign policy? Evasive and false testimonies given by candidate Clinton at FBI and Congressional hearings? Oh, if those hammers could talk, eh.

CNN guy saying how it's illegal to read WikiLeaks files, and that only the media is allowed to read them - thus implying that people should trust them, the media, to 'report' on anything worth knowing about. CNN lady straight up calling Trump a racist based on statements he made regarding muslims and illegal immigrants -neither of which are a 'race' of any sort. CBC dolt calling him a sexist. Matthews, Williams, and all the other talking heads adjusting their junk while they melt down the truth and cast it into something other than truth. Journalism, eh. It left the building when duty and loyalty were sold to them who pull the strings.

Rust Belt votes being motivated/swayed by the potential of industrial revitalization is too simplistic and narrow. Those states turning red last night is symptomatic of a much broader set of issues that your country is dealing with, and it starts with what is/was being bandied about by media in trying shape thought rather than inform it. People are smarter than MSM assumes.

WOW! What a profound well thought out argument. Don't worry about anything having to do with Trump it is just the media lying to you!

I see Bruce, such wisdom and intellect you are just about to win me over.

And yes the left is just an angry mob. If we sit during the national anthem we are wrong. If we take a knee during the national anthem we are wrong. If we say black lives matter we are wrong. If our members of congress don't attend the presidential inauguration they are wrong. If we speak up or protest we are wrong. Hell, we may as well all turn Black Bloc and riot at UC Berekely to stop a Breitbart contributor from speaking because no matter what we are wrong.

Thanks presenting your logic. It makes me want to be a part of Black Bloc in fact I am log off here and seek out their feeds to keep track of the resistance since we are all full of hate anyway then what is the point of peaceful demonstrations that don't reach the news anyway?
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic