Sweden's Immigration Policy

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Sweden's Immigration Policy

Postby Trick on Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm

windwalker wrote:
Sweden, France, Germany, ect are examples of what happens when what seems to be
an incompatible culture is imported en mass.

The Swedish ruling Socialdemocratic Party has just declared that Sweden has taken in way too many migrants and will now apply stricter rules for migration to Sweden, the very same party that just a year or even just a couple of months ago wouldn't touch such statements even with a pincer. Well there's an upcoming election later this year I guess they want voters back from the more "nationalistic" Sweden Democratic Party
Trick

Postby Bao on Sat May 05, 2018 1:02 am

Trick wrote:
windwalker wrote:
Sweden, France, Germany, ect are examples of what happens when what seems to be
an incompatible culture is imported en mass.

The Swedish ruling Socialdemocratic Party has just declared that Sweden has taken in way too many migrants and will now apply stricter rules for migration to Sweden, the very same party that just a year or even just a couple of months ago wouldn't touch such statements even with a pincer. Well there's an upcoming election later this year I guess they want voters back from the more "nationalistic" Sweden Democratic Party

The problems are not really about compability. Compability or not, the problems would be the same. It’s about doing something you can’t handle and loosing control. A few people get very rich arranging facilities for refugees. And an incredible amount of money is spent on helping refugees. At the same time discriminating its own minority people, not giving students places to live, cutting big money for research, having Swedish pensioners living on the streets etc. The ruling social Democratic Party do humanitarian things for other people just to look good in the eyes of other countries while doing doing absolutely nothing for its own people. And the biggest question, IMO, is why the Swedish government don’t send a big bill to the US and let the US pay for the mess they created. All of the problems we and the rest of Europe has is due to the mess US creates around the world and it’s unwillingness to take any sort of responsibility for the mess they create. Well, the UK and France are also to be blamed. Sweden should take a little responsibility as well, but what Sweden has done completely lacks proportions.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sat May 05, 2018 1:52 am

Funny how the Social Democratic Party suddenly came to this conclusion, a problem many have pointed at for a couple of years now
Trick

Postby Bao on Sat May 05, 2018 8:04 am

Trick wrote:Funny how the Social Democratic Party suddenly came to this conclusion, a problem many have pointed at for a couple of years now

It’s ridiculous. They just do things without thinking about any of the consequences.
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sat May 05, 2018 7:22 pm

Consequences for other I doubt they think about at all, the main thing is to get in and stay in power. So the race has begun now for the upcoming election throwing out promises as usual. They understand many of the elderly pensioners has begun to lean away from the social Democratic Party because of the huge immigration that was allowed to happen these last couple of years of SDP rule, that party want to win their good old voters back by this sudden "turn" in the migration issue......and on top of that they also promise more retirement money for the pensioners if they win(something they could have cared about for the last couple of years but didn't, until now).......I'm not sure their tactics will work for them this time.
Trick

Postby grzegorz on Tue May 08, 2018 9:20 am

When the Swedes started to first arrive here they didn't need anything, no papers, not even English and although some didn't like it they came, headed West and settled in.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Trick on Wed May 09, 2018 10:04 pm

I understand that you are a serious person and that you seriously compare today's Sweden/USA with the USA/Sweden of yesterday (mid 1800's to early 1900's)
Trick

Postby grzegorz on Mon May 14, 2018 2:55 pm

Actually no...

My point is people migrating to parts of the world with better opportunities for food and now jobs is as old as time itself.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon May 14, 2018 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Trick on Mon May 14, 2018 8:12 pm

Yes those are two reason
Trick

Postby Bao on Mon May 14, 2018 9:14 pm

grzegorz wrote:Actually no...
My point is people migrating to parts of the world with better opportunities for food and now jobs is as old as time itself.

Swedes didn't emigrate cause of war. In the 1800s, there was famine, a high unemployment. People starved which caused more than one third of the whole population to flee and most of them tried to emigrate to the US. In the US there was plenty of opportunities, pan for gold and working at the railroads and much more. Northern America was a natural choice to seek out opportunities and create a better future. In the beginning of the 1900s people continued to emigrate to America for various reasons. My grandfather lived in the US from about the beginning of the 00s to 1913. He was a very good writer and got a job as a journalist. He was also from a quite good family and they had no economical problems. So he just wanted to seek out adventures.

But moving to Sweden is no adventure. Sweden has no opportunities to offer refugees except a place to live, food and clothes. People live stacked in small areas without anything to do. They don't come here or choose to stay here by their free will. They come here because there are no other choice left as no nearby country have places left and very few European countries accept to take on the burden of the great humanitarian mess initially created by the US. I have no idea why we don't send them all to the US. At least, Sweden could send a big fat bill.
Last edited by Bao on Mon May 14, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bao
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Mon May 14, 2018 10:15 pm

We also had a group of people here in 1800s who had negative attitudes towards immigrants as we do today.

Just saying...

From Wikipedia.

The Native American Party, renamed the American Party in 1855 and commonly known as the Know Nothing movement, was an American nativist political party that operated nationally in the mid-1850s. It was primarily anti-Catholic, xenophobic and hostile to immigration, starting originally as a secret society. The movement briefly emerged as a major political party in the form of the American Party. Adherents to the movement were to reply "I know nothing" when asked about its specifics by outsiders, thus providing the group with its common name.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon May 14, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Trick on Mon May 14, 2018 10:46 pm

Yes I kind of agree, but it seem that even the "land of opportunities" can no longer offer too much (leagal)opportunities of self help. it's a fine big mess the USA have created...........Yes it would seem that most swedes today have some ancestors that emigrated to the Americas. An unlcle and an aunt to my mother went there although the where not well off in Sweden the aunt's family built up a good life somewhere in Minesota. The Uncle who kind of where the " black sheep" got stuck in Chicago a couple of years(at one point in time it's said the only city that had more Swedes than Chicago where Stockholm) but he "had" to come back to Sweden, while back he told stories how he hanged out with Capones guys even had a photo where I dines with the mobsters and the boss......So even back then there where good and "bad" opportunities" but mostly good..... But what will happen if the good opportunities get really scarce again in the west....hope it never comes to that point
Trick

Postby Trick on Mon May 14, 2018 10:47 pm

My post was an reflection on Bao's post
Trick

Postby Trick on Mon May 14, 2018 10:50 pm

grzegorz wrote:We also had a group of people here in 1800s who negative attitudes towards immigrants as we do today.

Just saying...

From Wikipedia.

The Native American Party, renamed the American Party in 1855 and commonly known as the Know Nothing movement, was an American nativist political party that operated nationally in the mid-1850s. It was primarily anti-Catholic, xenophobic and hostile to immigration, starting originally as a secret society. The movement briefly emerged as a major political party in the form of the American Party. Adherents to the movement were to reply "I know nothing" when asked about its specifics by outsiders, thus providing the group with its common name.

racist nazi American natives?
Trick

Postby grzegorz on Mon May 14, 2018 11:01 pm

And still here.

Trump's crowd is a re-emergence of the know nothings.

And yes, unless you are a doctor or lawyer chances are life is better in Sweden.

I actually never chose to come back as much as I was chosen to come back.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon May 14, 2018 11:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic