what are some of your other hobbies/interests?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: what are some of your other hobbies/interests?

Postby grzegorz on Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:37 pm

Bao wrote:I am also trying to continuing to develop my so-so drawing skills, reading some books about drawing and test out exercises, mostly to teach my seven year old kid more methods and tricks to help him continue to develop his drawing skills. I sent a couple of drawings he made to an art school. I guess they didn't believe me that a seven year old did them... They wouldn't even reply. ;D

Wow! That's wonderful!

It supports my theory that everyone has some type of talent it is just a matter of that person being in the right environment to develop that talent.

I think it is wonderful to see adults pursue creative endeavors of any kind otherwise what is life for?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Bao on Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:04 am

grzegorz wrote:
Wow! That's wonderful!

It supports my theory that everyone has some type of talent it is just a matter of that person being in the right environment to develop that talent.

I think it is wonderful to see adults pursue creative endeavors of any kind otherwise what is life for?

My wife noticed his fascination for pictures and patterns as he was small and bought him a magnetic drawing pad when he was a little more than one year old. He soon found his interest... He already drew simple excavators and robots when he was less than 2 years old. He loves drawing ships, pirates and knights. He is already better than I was when I was about 12 years old and his way to handle lines and his handwriting are already better than mine. Well, I guess he got his grandfather's talent. It seemed to have skipped one generation (me).

I won't publish anything here, but I posted a portrait he did of me in an open facebook group to get some response from professionals. You can see it in the link below as well as a couple of other drawings he made. (You don't need to log in to watch the photo, but if you are logged in you can go can read the whole thread.)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 8765860118
Last edited by Bao on Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby vadaga on Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:11 pm

office sessions of cageball lately. 4v4 no keeper... the level of physicality is somewhere between the association code and ice hockey... only one serious injury so far and that wasn't from contact along the boards but an open field collision where a colleague sprained an ankle
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic