The Trump Follies 2

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: The Trump Follies 2

Postby Steve James on Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:51 am

"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:50 am

Watch "Trump Voters Freak Out About Trump Tax Hike" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/aWp--_NJu8A

Watch "Trump Voters Freak Out About Trump Tax Hike - Part 2" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/4M3zAwM2rEE
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:36 pm

Well, someone will say that it's a hoax and that people are really happy with their new tax situation. Um, I can say this. The tax code is not simpler. I just finished my taxes (and I did owe some for the first time, but ok). I usually finish them by mid February. There were many more complications, ime. I read that the IRS has received fewer returns -compared to the same time last year- and has had more than the usual number of calls to the office for help.

The guy in the video is funny, but he doesn't mention that the tax "cuts" do not provide any more funds to the government for anything it needs to do, including defense. There will be a shortfall in revenue --though we're already in debt-- and the only solution proposed will be to reduce gov't services --except for the wall, of course. Thus, the US will have to borrow more money or print more.

It's like health care (call it what you will). Who in the health care industry says that it has, unless he's talking about company profits? So, Mr T said that he's going to gut Obamacare and replace it with a Republican version that's "beautiful." It sounded like another promise then. So, for some reason, he "evolved" and decided that he'd work on that after the election. Riiight. Noice. But, could you imagine that someone who's getting dialysis one day finds out that his pre-existing illness coverage doesn't apply anymore? He'll have to pay, since he'll need the treatment until he dies. At about 70k yearly for someone without insurance, he may become one of those who go bankrupt --out of necessity. I.e., once you're bankrupt and have used up all your estate, the gov't will then step in. I.e., the tax payers will foot the bill ... anyway.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic