The Reality presidency you're fired

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: The Reality presidency you're fired

Postby Steve James on Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:02 am

Trump didn't say "I don't believe the intelligence agencies," he said he believed Putin --at least as much.
But, you said that you don't believe them either. So, which is it? Do you agree with Trump or not?

Like I said, my opinion is irrelevant. I take the assessment of the intelligence agencies over your opinions (or Putin's claims) anyway.

Afa immigrants, I have nothing against them at all. It's just ironic that they're needed at Mar a Lago (my president's luxurious country club). I have the feeling that they're being hired because they're cheap labor. That is why they need to get special visas. I don't see why Americans don't get those jobs, but I'd bet they're more expensive.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 17187
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am

Re: The Reality presidency you're fired

Postby windwalker on Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:27 am

Steve James wrote:Trump didn't say "I don't believe the intelligence agencies," he said he believed Putin --at least as much.
good try, did he say it, or is it your opinion of what he said

But, you said that you don't believe them either. So, which is it? Do you agree with Trump or not?

Like I said, my opinion is irrelevant. I take the assessment of the intelligence agencies over your opinions (or Putin's claims) anyway.

You seem to be confused between what people say, and your opinion of what was said..when you can clear this up
it might be interesting reading your views.


Afa immigrants, I have nothing against them at all. It's just ironic that they're needed at Mar a Lago (my president's luxurious country club). I have the feeling that they're being hired because they're cheap labor. That is why they need to get special visas. I don't see why Americans don't get those jobs, but I'd bet they're more expensive.


But you don't know...whats the point....I don't have an issue with people entering the country legally working
in what ever field they can find work in. It seems to bother you...or are you trying to make some point....

Have citizens applied for the jobs and didn't get them in favor of the non citizens on work visas.

lets see

The H-2B visa program, which several Trump golf clubs use to hire workers, is the one visa program that Trump has expanded.

At the end of May, the Trump administration announced that it would provide an extra 15,000 H-2B visas (beyond the 66,000 annual cap) for businesses that needed to hire foreign workers through the summer. It did the same thing last year.

The H-2B visa program allows seasonal, non-agricultural employers — like hotels and ski resorts — to hire foreign workers when they can’t find American ones.




lets see if its only the Trump as you point out

From seafood restaurants in Cape Cod to hotels in Kennebunkport and ski resorts in New Hampshire, New England’s seasonal industries face a daunting task in finding the workers to meet increased demand during peak seasons. Fortunately, the H-2B guest worker program has provided a proven solution to fill the labor gap that the domestic workforce alone cannot meet.


MYTH 1 : H-2B workers take jobs away from Americans.
FACT: By law, Americans are given the opportunity to apply for all seasonal jobs before any foreign workers are considered. All seasonal positions must be properly advertised to Americans in the community and employers must hire any able and willing American workers to fill open positions.

+ MYTH 2 : The H-2B program represses wages for American workers by providing a cheaper labor source.
FACT: Employers are required to pay both H-2B workers and similarly employed American workers a premium wage dictated by the Department of Labor.


nope seems like its a win win...low end jobs, peak seasons not enough labor to meet the need.

Now compare it to were there is highly qualified labor to meet the need.

But there’s another way to look at the H-1B visa: that it’s a problem because it allows jobs to go to foreign workers instead of Americans, full stop. In this view, there aren’t really “good” and “bad” companies for H-1B visas — just more and less egregious violators.

Fixing the H-1B visa might mean requiring employers to do more to demonstrate that they’re trying to hire Americans for the job instead, or even to train Americans to do a job they can’t find native workers to fill — or simply cutting the number of visas awarded across the board.


Know a lot engineers who couldn't find work because of the issue with companies hiring H-1B engineers to fill the positions
below market wages....
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
rule 19
windwalker
Wuji
 
Posts: 6951
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:08 am

Re: The Reality presidency you're fired

Postby Steve James on Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:41 am

Hillary had it right two years ago. Where did she get it wrong. "You're the puppet."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaVWRetR4jg
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 17187
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am

Re: The Reality presidency you're fired

Postby Steve James on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:41 am

Hmm, was it in this thread that Chamberlain came up, or was it about N. Korea? I don't recall, but the debate video made me think of the arguments in the US before WW2. "We" were generally against getting in involved in European wars. The UK and France and other European countries formed an alliance. It promised that each member would defend the other from attack. But, Germany annexed Czechoslovakia, but nobody wanted a war; then, it invaded Poland, claiming that Poland had attacked first. The USSR was supposedly part of the alliance, but Stalin made a deal with uncle Adolph. And, eventually, he invaded the USSR. Fortunately, we had a president then who foresaw the danger and, in spite of opposition, supported England after all the other European countries succumbed. Pearl Harbor changed all that. Anyway, I just wanted to run through that because of something my president said last night.

President Trump, who rattled U.S. allies at a NATO meeting last week, voiced concern in a television interview broadcast Tuesday night that sending troops from the alliance to defend an “aggressive” Monte­negro could result in World War III.

Trump was asked about Monte­negro, which joined NATO last year and has a population smaller than the District of Columbia, during a Fox News interview with host Tucker Carlson.

Carlson pressed Trump on the purpose of the alliance, which was created in 1949 to protect the United States, Canada and a host of Western European nations from Soviet incursion. The organization calls for member nations to come to the aid of any ally that is attacked.

“Why should my son go to Montenegro to defend it from attack?” Carlson asked in the interview, which was recorded Monday following Trump’s summit with Russian President Vladi­mir Putin in Helsinki.

“I understand what you’re saying, I’ve asked the same question,” Trump responded. “You know, Montenegro is a tiny country with very strong people. … They are very aggressive people, they may get aggressive, and congratulations, you’re in World War III. But that’s the way it was set up. Don’t forget, I just got here a little more than a year and a half ago.”

Trump’s comments came after a NATO meeting in Brussels last week in which he upbraided allies for not living up to an agreement on how much they should pay for defense. The president also criticized Germany for a natural gas pipeline deal with Russia, saying it made the country “captive” to Russia.

On Wednesday, Trump tweeted that the meeting was “an acknowledged triumph,” taking credit for members pledging to meet their commitments.

In 2016, the chief prosecutor in Monte­negro accused Russian nationalists of backing an alleged coup attempt that included plans to assassinate the nation’s pro-West prime minister over his government’s attempt to join NATO.

Since joining the alliance, Monte­negro has sent troops to a NATO-led mission in Afghanistan.


Yeah, so why should my son get sent to Montenegro? Those Montenegrans are aggressive, like to start problems, and have no oil. I guess they're like the Slavs and those rowdy Poles who always stir up trouble.

I notice the similarity to the Ukrainian situation. But, looking back at history, Trump's claim that defending Montenegro could result in WW3 is very familiar. Historically, it was the absence of action (i.e. of being "tough") that encouraged dictators and allowed WW2.

Montenegro has fewer inhabitants than the Bronx. It sure seems like Trump is signalling Putin that it's alright to take it over. He won't do anything. Yes, I'm reading his words. However, NATO is a formal treaty; he can take the US out, which would delight Putin even more. That wouldn't surprise me. I'd bet that no member of NATO believes it can trust Trump's USA to keep its word.

Anyway, the response may be to criticize me. That's totally cool.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 17187
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am

Re: The Reality presidency you're fired

Postby windwalker on Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:10 pm

Steve James wrote:
Anyway, the response may be to criticize me. That's totally cool.


The victim card so soon. Not unexpected

The issue was not about your opinions,
it was about posting what others did not say
as what they said, and reacting to it.

"Steve James wrote:
Trump didn't say "I don't believe the intelligence agencies," he said he believed Putin --at least as much. "

Did he say it, or is it an opinion.

While in the US Army stationed in Germany in the 70s I was part of NATO.
We had 2hrs from the time an alert was called to pack up the unit and move to
another location to be ready to go. Being mechanized Inf., we'd wait in our tracks "armored vech."
often not knowing if it was real or not.

The units' motto "Any time, Any place, Any where"

we practiced to make those words true, training hard soldiers though accidents/mishaps died during training exercises "war games"...
as a medic, part of team of medics in the battalion we got to see the results of what could happen and did happen when young guys
get to play with big machines tanks, tracks, and other weapons of war training for what we hopped
would never come.

During that time I sometimes wondered why we continued to guard other countries
borders and not our own....being a solder it was not something I would dewll
on for too long as we conducted the business of NATO.

NATO is a formal treaty; he can take the US out, which would delight Putin even more. That wouldn't surprise me. I'd bet that no member of NATO believes it can trust Trump's USA to keep its word.


I know what NATO is. I was in it when it had a purpose of defending against what was called the Warsaw Pact
which was dissolved in 1991, I don't see a reason for the US to still be there nor for NATO to exist in its present form.

If counties within NATO attack each other what then, what side should the US support.
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rule 19
windwalker
Wuji
 
Posts: 6951
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:08 am

Re: The Reality presidency you're fired

Postby Steve James on Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:45 pm

It would be nice to have a leader who didn't misspeak on such issues. He said it was a mistake. He meant something else.
You said that the issue wasn't what I said it was, but the heads of national security and the CIA agree with my opinion. I'm just repeating what they are saying. For example, Dan Coats, whom the president says he trusts.

Every US service member is part of NATO and SEATO and every other US military commitment.

I don't see a reason for the US to still be there nor for NATO to exist in its present form.


You and Putin agree on that. Btw, the only time NATO officially united for military action was after the US was attacked on 9/11. Then, they became part of the military alliance against Afghanistan and Iraq.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 17187
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am

Re: The Reality presidency you're fired

Postby windwalker on Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:38 pm

Steve James wrote:You said that the issue wasn't what I said it was, but the heads of national security and the CIA agree with my opinion. I'm just repeating what they are saying. For example, Dan Coats, whom the president says he trusts.


Actually what I said was

The issue was not about your opinions,
it was about posting what others did not say
as what they said, and reacting to it.



Its like fake news. you post something saying this is what someone said react to it or
cause others to respond to it,

When if fact they never said it...it was your opinion of what they said.

"Steve James wrote:
Trump didn't say "I don't believe the intelligence agencies," he said he believed Putin --at least as much.

Steve James wrote:]You understood what he meant in his original speech? The one where he said that he didn't believe US intelligence agencies.


When did he say 'he didn't believe US intelligence agencies" before he didn't say it?

Did he say he believes Putin? must have missed that.
rule 19
windwalker
Wuji
 
Posts: 6951
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:08 am

Re: The Reality presidency you're fired

Postby everything on Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:50 pm

Steve James wrote:Hillary had it right two years ago. Where did she get it wrong. "You're the puppet."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaVWRetR4jg


voters didn't get it then and maybe don't now.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
User avatar
everything
Wuji
 
Posts: 4370
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 7:22 pm
Location: USA

Re: The Reality presidency you're fired

Postby windwalker on Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:18 pm

everything wrote:
voters didn't get it then and maybe don't now.


You're right why even need voters.

You might ask Bernie Sanders, what happened during the primaries to his bid for the office.
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rule 19
windwalker
Wuji
 
Posts: 6951
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:08 am

Re: The Reality presidency you're fired

Postby Trick on Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:43 pm

Some people are still in shock that Trump won and became president and still sit on that throne, and some probably even more so in shock because he’s not yet been involved in taking down and out any leader of an sovereign nation. They still pray to a higher power that Hillary come and save them......Why not wait till the next election then you the voters can put it all right
Trick
Wuji
 
Posts: 1510
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:30 am

Re: The Reality presidency you're fired

Postby windwalker on Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:29 am

Trick wrote:Some people are still in shock that Trump won and became president and still sit on that throne, and some probably even more so in shock because he’s not yet been involved in taking down and out any leader of an sovereign nation. They still pray to a higher power that Hillary come and save them......Why not wait till the next election then you the voters can put it all right


"voters didn't get it then and maybe don't now."

This poster doesn't seem to understand how elections work, or the process by which they're won.

Others refer to him as "my president"

While at the same time denigrating the man, disrespecting the office he holds
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
rule 19
windwalker
Wuji
 
Posts: 6951
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:08 am

Re: The Reality presidency you're fired

Postby Steve James on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:11 am

Trump has given equal credence to Putin's forceful denial as to the opinion of the his director of national intelligence. In your first correction of what I wrote, Trump was quoted as saying that he "needed to see the servers." If his CIA head says that there is evidence and Trump has not seen it, then he is incompetent. The information has been there long before the "summit" with Putin. If there is no evidence, there is no reason for any unclear statements or need for clarification at all. Period.

:) Yep, I call him "My president" specifically because you and others like to point that out. Remember after the election? It gets under your skin because you can't use it against me or anyone who disagrees with him. Anyway, my president is an embarrassment. It's fine that he makes you proud and that you and he think alike. It's not the point, though.

AFA "disrespecting the office he holds" Wow. This man led the charge to disrespect Obama for eight years, up to an including the claim that he wasn't American and didn't love America. He said he had proof. He also claimed that Obama wasn't intelligent and needed to see his academic records. All this from a mofo who can hardly string grammatical sentences together. Naw, Trump deserves no respect because he's president because he did not respect his predecessor while in office.

If I say "not my president," it'd make it easier to argue about me rather than Trump's position on Russia. If I start talking about you, it'll also make it easier to deflect the issue. Nope, I'm not trying to defend myself. I'm guilty of whatever you say. So, now let's get back to the point.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 17187
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am

Re: The Reality presidency you're fired

Postby windwalker on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:22 am

"Steve James wrote:
Trump didn't say "I don't believe the intelligence agencies," he said he believed Putin --at least as much.

Steve James wrote:]You understood what he meant in his original speech? The one where he said that he didn't believe US intelligence agencies.



When did he say 'he didn't believe US intelligence agencies" before he didn't say it?

Did he say he believes Putin? must have missed that.
rule 19
windwalker
Wuji
 
Posts: 6951
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:08 am

Re: The Reality presidency you're fired

Postby Steve James on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:24 am

My people came to me, Dan Coats came to me and some others and said they think it’s Russia.

I have President Putin. He just said it’s not Russia. I will say this. I don’t see any reason why it would be, but I really do want to see the server. But I have confidence in both parties.


1) He's had at least a few days to see the server.

2) Sorry. The choice is binary here. Either you believe one or you believe the other.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 17187
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am

Re: The Reality presidency you're fired

Postby Steve James on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:37 am

Your house is robbed. Police say they've caught the culprit. You go to see the guy, who strongly denies having done anything. You ask the police. They say, "here's your laptop, tv, and radio we found him with." But, you still say that the guy says it wasn't him. Then you ask that he be released so that he can help you work on your home security system.

That sounds like the way someone would act if they don't want the robber to be guilty for some reason.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 17187
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest