The Reality presidency you're fired

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: The Reality presidency you're fired

Postby windwalker on Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:00 pm

windwalker wrote:
90+ % of the news media is biased against this administration. Having been very wrong in their predictions of the 2016 election they are still trying
to make their initial predictions true by any means in spite of contrary facts which they either ignore, or report in a misleading way, that show the administration being quite successful with positive results for enacted polices.

LaoDan wrote :Nonsense! It sounds like you have bought into the Trump administration spin.

The accusation, not yet proven.

LaoDan wrote:
windwalker wrote:You mentioned fox news... which rates at about 50% ie balanced in its coverage...Which at 50% many seem to feel its slanted for Trump because at 50% it tends to be more neutral then the others. Most of the news org as shown by different studies are not merely checks on the powerful they have become active partisans shaping news events reflecting their views presenting them as factule.

So, a news organization (FOX) specifically created to present biased (conservative) news, STILL only reports favorably on Trump ~50% of the time!?! In my view, that is horrible, considering.I would call it balanced its not pravda maybe you might like reading that Perhaps you could find Israeli news sources that may report >50% favorability towards Trump, but I doubt that you could find anyone else.

For one who is supposed to be a scientist I would have thought you would have questioned why the 90% negative ,is it plausible.
What are the underlying factors, like who owns most of the news organisations

This infographic created by Jason at Frugal Dad shows that almost all media comes from the same six sources.

That's consolidated from 50 companies back in 1983.

NOTE: This infographic is from last year and is missing some key transactions. GE does not own NBC (or Comcast or any media) anymore. So that 6th company is now Comcast. And Time Warner doesn't own AOL , so Huffington Post isn't affiliated with them.

But the fact that a few companies own everything demonstrates "the illusion of choice," Frugal Dad says. While some big sites, like Digg and Reddit aren't owned by any of the corporations, Time Warner owns news sites read by millions of Americans every year.

Do you think that 90%+ of news organizations have ownership/management that has liberal biases? They have a vested interest in creating profit apparently at any cost. Why do so many news organizations, including those who are run by conservatives, and from allied countries..., appear to be unfavorable towards Trump? Why does Trump’s own daughter state that it is wrong to call reporters enemies of the state? ... Calling news organizations or individuals enemies of the state is very troubling! Not so much if its shown to be biased, untrustworthy, and partisan.
Instead of acting as an independent observer presenting facts allowing viewers to decide, even positive events are portrayed as negative.

lets see....mmmm I wonder could it be, the same news that you like to quote about being right because after all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ46I3kMOr0

How could they be so wrong.....seems like your a bit disturbed
should he win in 2020 I wonder what will it be then...
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby LaoDan on Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:01 am

Yes, I am a scientist, which makes it likely that I understand math, including statistics. How plausible is it that our differing understanding is due to you being lousy at comprehending math?

It seems like you may also be susceptible to the vagueness’ of conspiracy theories...?
LaoDan
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:40 am

LaoDan wrote:Yes, I am a scientist, which makes it likely that I understand math, including statistics. How plausible is it that our differing understanding is due to you being lousy at comprehending math? prove the statistics wrong

It seems like you may also be susceptible to the vagueness’ of conspiracy theories...?

try refuting the points....

is the media biased against trump
does it affect their reporting.

should be simple

LD wrote: So, a news organization (FOX) specifically created to present biased (conservative) news, STILL only reports favorably on Trump ~50% of the time!?! In my view, that is horrible, considering. Perhaps you could find Israeli news sources that may report >50% favorability towards Trump, but I doubt that you could find anyone else.

Do you think that 90%+ of news organizations have ownership/management that has liberal biases? Why do so many news organizations, including those who are run by conservatives, and from allied countries..., appear to be unfavorable towards Trump?try looking at who owns the news organizations and how they report things. Most of it is just citing other news sources rather then reporting by their own reporters Why does Trump’s own daughter state that it is wrong to call reporters enemies of the state? donno you have to ask her, and understand the question in context ... Calling news organizations or individuals enemies of the state is very troubling!

Why is it troubling if its true...prove it false should be easy
They've been shown to be reporting news in an biased manor by many studies...that is either incorrect, or misleading or not reporting events at all..
They've ceased to be news outlets for information... Which would be okay as there are many other sources, the problem being of course the other sources get shut out by the controlling media org themselves.

"The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!"

They are when they mislead and report incorrect information that aligns with their own biases or no informantin

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
They asked my daughter Ivanka whether or not the media is the enemy of the people. She correctly said no.

It is the FAKE NEWS, which is a large percentage of the media, that is the enemy of the people!

4:24 AM - Aug 3, 2018

His response, he agrees with his daughter whats the problem?

here's a movie you might want to check out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXPhLXuJ90I

a review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWeudkSzZ4Q
Last edited by windwalker on Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:54 am, edited 5 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:58 am

It is the FAKE NEWS, which is a large percentage of the media, that is the enemy of the people!

There's no such thing as "fake" news. There's only true and untrue "news."

The "news" is only what the people who report it think their viewers want to hear about. That's why some people watch FOX and others watch MSN. There are a lot of "news" shows where people offer their opinions about politics, etc.

When Hannity suggested that there are emails connecting Hillary Clinton and democrats to a human trafficking sex ring operating from a pizza shop, it was a lie. There were no emails saying any such thing. However, the person watching Hannity took him as a reporter --he's not-- and believed he was hearing something that was news. It was fake; it wasn't news. Or, it was news as much as if I told you that men had landed on Mars already.

90+ percent of the news is not fake. If so, that includes at least 90% of what Trump tweets. Trump's problem is what's true in the news.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:45 am

When discussing Truth, it's good to remember that Trump has already used "It's not a crime to lie unless you're under oath" as a defense for his ever changing positions.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Bill on Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:21 pm

Jesse Jackson on Trump

“He is deceptive in that his social style is of such, one can miss his seriousness and commitment to success, which is beyond argument,”

“When we opened this Wall Street project,” he continued. “He gave us space at 40 Wall Street, which was to make a statement about our having a presence there.”

“Beyond that, in terms of reaching out and being inclusive, he’s done that too,” Jackson added. “He has this sense of the curious and a will to make things better.”

“Aside from all of his style, and his pizazz, he’s a serious person who is an effective builder of people.”

“We need your building skills, your gusto,” Jackson told the Realestate mogul before stating Trump is a model for “people on Wall Street to represent diversity.”
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:48 pm

Jesse Jackson on Trump

In 1999.

In 2017, he said:

Civil Rights activist Rev. Jesse Jackson said this week that the Electoral College "must come down," and warned that President Trump may have trouble making it into Heaven because of his views on immigrants.

Jackson said that Trump demands people "speak English, be qualified and have a job skill," the Daily Wire reported.

"Jesus would not qualify to come in Trump’s country, he would not qualify to get into Jesus’ kingdom," Jackson said, going on to quote the Book of Matthew's passage about helping the underprivileged.

Times change.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby LaoDan on Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:40 am

windwalker wrote:
LaoDan wrote:Yes, I am a scientist, which makes it likely that I understand math, including statistics. How plausible is it that our differing understanding is due to you being lousy at comprehending math? prove the statistics wrong

try refuting the points....

is the media biased against trump
does it affect their reporting.

should be simple

Since you clearly do not comprehend math, but use math to support your ideas, then you want proof that you are wrong, but you clearly will not understand the math, then what is the point??

You think that an admittedly biased news source reporting 50% positive about Trump = unbiased reporting!?!

You think that almost all world news sources reporting unfavorably about Trump means that they are all biased and ask what the probability of that is!?! It is like someone flips a coin four times, and it lands on heads all four times. News sources report that the coin flip resulted in heads four times in a row; and then you claim it is biased reporting since the news media did not report that it landed on heads an equal number of times as tails! Only reporting two heads and two tails would be “unbiased”!!! Then you want proof???
LaoDan
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:32 am

I definitely think there's more negative coverage of Trump.

But any honest coverage will be negative. Most times on CBS they are delivering it straight and even seem to be putting a positive spin on things where they can. The simple truth is that reporting the bare facts of what he says and does looks bad.
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Giles on Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:07 am

LaoDan wrote:It is like someone flips a coin four times, and it lands on heads all four times. News sources report that the coin flip resulted in heads four times in a row; and then [it is claimed that this] is biased reporting since the news media did not report that it landed on heads an equal number of times as tails! Only reporting two heads and two tails would be “unbiased”!!!

Bravo.
(Please excuse my reformulation of one clause to make your example more general.)
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:34 pm

. Since you clearly do not comprehend math, but use math to support your ideas, then you want proof that you are wrong, but you clearly will not understand the math, then what is the point??

You're the point. You claim to be a scientist with all your education instead of presenting a study or something that would support your argument you chose to attack me.

We do seem to be making progress as you've admitted that there is a bias. Now you just have to understand how this bias affects the reporting.

You should have chosen to refute the reports and presented an argument that would convince anyone that the reports are flawed.

my bet is you cannot because they take into account the math you claim I don't understand
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:39 pm

oragami_itto wrote:I definitely think there's more negative coverage of Trump.

But any honest coverage will be negative. Most times on CBS they are delivering it straight and even seem to be putting a positive spin on things where they can. The simple truth is that reporting the bare facts of what he says and does looks bad.

It's called confirmation bias.

According to you there can be no honest coverage that is positive.

Trump who could be said to be a third-party candidate, is not a politician, yet.

In time he will learn to speak in a way that you seem to want to hear while doing the same things, like politicans do.

"You can keep your doctor"
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:40 pm

I honestly don't think I'm the one suffering from the most severe confirmation bias in this exchange.
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:54 pm

oragami_itto wrote:I honestly don't think I'm the one suffering from the most severe confirmation bias in this exchange.

By your own statement there can be no positive coverage that is honest.

There is no president that most will agree with on policies or statements. All have been graded according to variations of this, which depend a lot on press coverage.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby KEND on Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:54 am

A few of the recent tweets, are these the words of a respected , educated, rational president. The dangers of populism
KEND
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic