The Reality presidency you're fired

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: The Reality presidency you're fired

Postby windwalker on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:48 pm

Michael wrote:The absence of any Americans or connection to Trump or his campaign in those indictments, as well as the same lack of connection with the previous indictments of the 13 roosky sock puppeteers, could mean a lengthy and broad investigation has failed its original purpose.

More to the point when others who've been charged do want to go to court over the indictments what happens?

A federal judge has rejected special counsel Robert Mueller’s request to delay the first court hearing in a criminal case charging three Russian companies and 13 Russian citizens with using social media and other means to foment strife among Americans in advance of the 2016 U.S. presidential election. https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/ ... lay-570627

The same ones who brought up the charges now want to delay them when those accused want to defend themselves... The problem of course being one of discovery.

The accused asking to see the evidence by which they are being charged with, and the accuser says no we cant show it to you.

But we know your guilty "trust us"

How does one defend themselves against evidence they are not allowed to see?

how does that work
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 8 times in total.
rule 19
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:49 am

The defense gets to see all the evidence the prosecution has at the trial. It’s called disclosure. But, anybody notice how the legal system is so trustworthy when it comes to anything not related to Trump?

Ha Michael. There are Americans who’ve been indicted and jailed. And btw read the charge of Mueller’s investigation. It’s not about Trump.

But it doesn’t matter because I’m sure you’ll be fine if he pardons himself. He is much more important than faith or respect for the legal system. It’s clear that it’s corrupt. It’s fake like we’ve been saying all along. Trump proves it. MAGA. Law and order.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:37 pm

Steve James wrote:The defense gets to see all the evidence the prosecution has at the trial. It’s called disclosure.

""Discovery, in the law of the United States and other countries, is a pre-trial procedure in a lawsuit in which each party, through the law of civil procedure, can obtain evidence from the other party or parties by means of discovery devices such as a request for answers to interrogatories, request for production of documents, request for admissions and depositions.[2] Discovery can be obtained from non-parties using subpoenas. When a discovery request is objected to, the requesting party may seek the assistance of the court by filing a motion to compel discovery.["

This done before the trial, which is what they did, the muller team is trying to prevent....

But, anybody notice how the legal system is so trustworthy when it comes to anything not related to Trump?

Ha Michael. There are Americans who’ve been indicted and jailed. And btw read the charge of Mueller’s investigation. It’s not about Trump.

But it doesn’t matter because I’m sure you’ll be fine if he pardons himself. Its not clear if he can be charged with anything while holding the office. Once removed by impeachment he can be charged and not able pardon himself, the replacement president could. He is much more important than faith or respect for the legal system. It’s clear that it’s corrupt. It’s fake like we’ve been saying all along. Trump proves it. MAGA. Law and order.
Last edited by windwalker on Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
rule 19
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:20 pm

Hey, you posted:

A federal judge has rejected special counsel Robert Mueller’s request to delay the first court hearing in a criminal case charging three Russian companies and 13 Russian citizens with using social media and other means to foment strife among Americans in advance of the 2016 U.S. presidential election. https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/ ... lay-570627

Then:
The same ones who brought up the charges now want to delay them when those accused want to defend themselves... The problem of course being one of discovery.

The delay was denied. The discovery will take place. I didn't see your point. Defendants always want to defend themselves. This is all normal process.

Its not clear if he can be charged with anything while holding the office. Once removed by impeachment he can be charged and not able pardon himself, the replacement president could.

Indicting him for a crime (probably) wouldn't be possible while in office. As you say, he could be removed from office and tried. But, it's unlikely that his successor (which would either be the VP or Ryan) wouldn't pardon him. Ford pardoned Nixon, so that's the expectation --and Nixon wasn't even impeached.

Imo, it's unlikely that he'd be impeached by this Congress, though he might be censured (or publicly condemned) for some act. However, I don't think that these indictments have anything directly to do with Trump anyway. There's not one US intelligence agency that does not believe that Russian agents tried to interfere with the elections in various ways. (Yeah, I know, the US interferes in elections. Of course, that assumes that it's wrong to do and that it should be investigated and dealt with, not ignored).
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:10 pm

Steve James wrote:Hey, you posted:

Then:

The delay was denied. The discovery will take place. I didn't see your point. Defendants always want to defend themselves. This is all normal process.

My point was that those who brought up the charges had no expectation of those charged defending themselves. Yes its part of a normal process, one that was being prevented from taking place at the time of the request. As of yet reported not honored ...Why this is so is another matter.

Its not clear if he can be charged with anything while holding the office. Once removed by impeachment he can be charged and not able pardon himself, the replacement president could.

Indicting him for a crime (probably) wouldn't be possible while in office. As you say, he could be removed from office and tried. But, it's unlikely that his successor (which would either be the VP or Ryan) wouldn't pardon him. Ford pardoned Nixon, so that's the expectation --and Nixon wasn't even impeached.

Imo, it's unlikely that he'd be impeached by this Congress, though he might be censured (or publicly condemned) for some act. However, I don't think that these indictments have anything directly to do with Trump anyway. There's not one US intelligence agency that does not believe that Russian agents tried to interfere with the elections in various ways. (Yeah, I know, the US interferes in elections. Of course, that assumes that it's wrong to do and that it should be investigated and dealt with, not ignored).

imo, it only points to the weakness in our own systems, and laws that prevent such intrusions being ignored or
not followed by those who should know better.
Like HRC using her own privet server.

The US through various means has been involved in other countries elective processes either overtly or covertly. Its a non news item.

"President Barack Obama was told about monitoring of German Chancellor in 2010 and allowed it to continue, says German newspaper"

It may be wrong but is something that should be expected, although one would not necessarily expectit it from those said to be
allies to be conducting surveillance on them. Kinda bad if one is caught at it.

As the NCOIC of a land combat missile training dept a long time ago, my team was briefed about some of our allies attending classes my dept taught on various weapons systems. We were briefed about their efforts to find out more information about the systems then what we wanted them to know. It was expected. We followed and enforced protocols designed to mitigate or prevent that from happening.
Last edited by windwalker on Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.
rule 19
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:05 pm

My point was that those who brought up the charges had no expectation of those charged defending themselves./quote]

These people have been indicted. That will automatically need to defend themselves, at the trial.

Yes its part of a normal process, one that was being prevented from taking place at the time of the request. As of yet reported not honored ...Why this is so is another matter.

Nothing was being prevented. There was a request for a delay of the hearing.

Re: Russian interference acknowledged by US intelligence agencies.

imo, it only points to the weakness in our own systems, and laws that prevent such intrusions being ignored or
not followed by those who should know better.

Your sentence doesn't make sense. Your "new sheriff in town" isn't doing anything about it and should know better.

Like HRC using her own privet server.

Trump uses his own cell phone. I also remember that he encouraged the Russians to try to find those emails, and they sure did. Now, what was in those emails again?

"President Barack Obama was told about monitoring of German Chancellor in 2010 and allowed it to continue, says German newspaper"

Aw, c'mon, Obama believed and supported US intelligence agencies. The Bush administration began (or continued) the monitoring; Obama didn't stop it. As you say

It may be wrong but is something that should be expected.... Kinda bad if one is caught at it.

Yeah, kinda bad. The Russians were caught, but I thought your point was that Mueller is wrong for trying to prosecute them. It's just too bad that our president isn't too interested in it. So sad.

Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:53 pm

Steve James wrote:Yeah, kinda bad. The Russians were caught, but I thought your point was that Mueller is wrong for trying to prosecute them. It's just too bad that our president isn't too interested in it. So sad.

Your mistaken, my point was that by discovery Mueller would have to show what he claims he has found
and how he found it. Question is why is he stalling for more time . How can someone charge some one with a crime and when challenged then
say they'er not ready....

Charging people in another country that he is unable to bring justice has no meaning,
just as other countries have charged members of our government as war criminals.

Bush and team.

Russians anong other actors trying to act on our election process is nothing new.
The last administration knew what was going on but failed to act on it.

You always seem to know what the president is thinking or interested in. Good skill.

Its a matter of opinion as to why Mueller is actually investigating and for what.
A special counsel was not needed for an anti intelligence investigation.
Last edited by windwalker on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rule 19
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:29 pm

Question is why is he stalling for more time . How can someone charge some one with a crime and when challenged then

Nope. The question is why you are interested in discrediting Mueller when you believe the intelligence agencies?

You always seem to know what the president is thinking or interested in. Good skill.

That's true. No one knows what he's thinking. There's a good reason.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Steve James wrote:Your sentence doesn't make sense. Your "new sheriff in town" isn't doing anything about it and should know better.

You do mean our president right?

How do you know our president has not taken actions to prevent it, or is it something that you feel should be in the news?
what is it that he should know better,
that you know ?
Last edited by windwalker on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rule 19
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:05 pm

No, I mean my president. The one who is an embarrassment. You can say he's doing a lot behind the scenes, but the word is that he doesn't go to daily intelligence briefings. (Google it). Anyway, publicly, he's blamed Obama, criticized every member of his (Republican) justice department, the FBI and CIA but defended and praised Putin. He doesn't have to do that in public.

Besides, you're acting like I'm the only one who sees this or thinks this way. The prime ministers of several governments (allies, previously) have voiced concern. Pick one: Macron, Trudeau, Merckel. It doesn't even matter what I think.

Fwiw, Trump's an unpresidented (and unprecedented) laughing stock nationally and internationally. And, it's not getting better. His only attribute is that he happens to be president. But, that's like the wizard of oz giving the straw man a diploma. It changes absolutely nothing about the person. It only reveals his character.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:46 pm

Steve James wrote:No, I mean my president. The one who is an embarrassment. You can say he's doing a lot behind the scenes, but the word is that he doesn't go to daily intelligence briefings. (Google it). Anyway, publicly, he's blamed Obama, criticized every member of his (Republican) justice department, the FBI and CIA but defended and praised Putin. He doesn't have to do that in public.

Besides, you're acting like I'm the only one who sees this or thinks this way.Kinda works like this. I'm not responding to the other people nor really care what they think. I have my own mind. You've mentioned google citing this as a reliable source of information to draw from that is known for its own biases as an organization.

"Alternative views threatened
If the Damore lawsuit correctly describes an aggressively leftist culture at Google, the human input into the algorithms can be expected to favor the leftist worldview."http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-perspec-google-bias-discrimination-algorithms-0110-20180109-story.html

As you say one can just google it and see if its true.

The prime ministers of several governments (allies, previously) have voiced concern. Pick one: Macron, Trudeau, Merckel. It doesn't even matter what I think. To be clear you feel these other leaders are good examples of leadership, good stewards of their own countries.

Fwiw, Trump's an unpresidented (and unprecedented) laughing stock nationally and internationally. And, it's not getting better. His only attribute is that he happens to be president. But, that's like the wizard of oz giving the straw man a diploma. It changes absolutely nothing about the person. It only reveals his character.

An opinion that happens to be yours which I don't share in...although I do agree that he is unprecedented in recent history as a real
and much needed change agent for the US.

Trump is the 3rd party that everyone claims to want as long is it seemed like the party was on their side for them: Democrats , Free bought and paid for free Press , Hollywood Set , and some Republicans.

They'er all aligned against him they have no control over or on him.
Even the agencies one would normally depend on aligned against him, he's become the threat for those in office
in charge of a system they helped to break...

Team Obama, set him up going out the door....Speaking of pardons, :-\ an upcoming issue might be what happens when a former president is found to have broken laws while in office against the incoming new administration. Will the sitting president of that administration be expected to pardon him.

Mattis, during a press gaggle on the way to Oslo, Norway, brought up the report, which claimed that “hours” after Trump departed NATO, U.S. military leaders embarked on a “full-scale” damage-control operation across Europe.

“That was fascinating. I love reading fiction, so it was stimulating to read it,” he said sarcastically. “I find out that while I’ve been with you in full transparency on the airplane with you watching what’s going on that I’ve been in damage control.”

“It must have been the most pleasant damage control [I] ever could have imagined with the level of unity of purpose that we experienced there. So anyway, people are entitled to their own opinion, even if it’s not facts-based,” he added.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-governmen ... o-fiction/

yep everyone has an opinion.
Last edited by windwalker on Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rule 19
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:38 am

Steve James wrote:No, I mean my president. The one who is an embarrassment. You can say he's doing a lot behind the scenes, but the word is that he doesn't go to daily intelligence briefings. (Google it). Anyway, publicly, he's blamed Obama, criticized every member of his (Republican) justice department, the FBI and CIA but defended and praised Putin. He doesn't have to do that in public.

Besides, you're acting like I'm the only one who sees this or thinks this way. The prime ministers of several governments (allies, previously) have voiced concern. Pick one: Macron, Trudeau, Merckel. It doesn't even matter what I think.

Is there a problem with what Trump says now, repeating what others said back then but no one seemed to listen.
They listen now....

ok makes sense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZnECZ6QIQY
rule 19
windwalker
Wuji

Postby KEND on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:05 pm

Any trump apologists must be aghast at the summit speeches. Trump seems to be completely subservient to putin. Is there something behind this, have trumps devious deals outside the US caught up with him
KEND
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:43 pm

Any trump apologists must be aghast at the summit speeches.

Not aghast; apologists excuse anything he does. Even if he's wrong, someone else was worse, or he was joking, or the media is trying to make him look bad with fake news. Anyway, aghast is probably not the word a Trump supporter would use. Trump is saying now that he didn't mean what he said. Afa "opinions," though. Yep, like anuses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4-S_eX1nug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgK4ymlr1sI

His apologies, retractions, explanations, are hollow. He's tough with women. He says that America (we) are also at fault.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:07 pm

KEND wrote:Any trump apologists must be aghast at the summit speeches. Trump seems to be completely subservient to putin. Is there something behind this, have trumps devious deals outside the US caught up with him

A mistake to conflate the fictional narratives in one's own mind for the reality of present.

Seems, subservient,. projecting what you admittedly don't know, preferring hard words over hard actions.
rule 19
windwalker
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic