some of the old timers

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: some of the old timers

Postby Michael on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:12 am

Bored?
Michael

Postby Bao on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:27 am

Steve Rowe wrote:I read all 4 pages of that - WTF is wrong with me?

You post all too seldom. You have too much experience to not share it with the world. 8-)
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:13 am

Bao wrote:

You post all too seldom. You have too much experience to not share it with the world. 8-)

He probably has a secret Facebook page he didn't tell people about.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:25 am

Fess up, Rowe!
What's your game?
What are you hiding?
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Bao on Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:36 am

Dmitri wrote:
Bao wrote:

>:( ...Without telling me? .??? Now I’m getting upset!

:D
Bao
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:38 am

I hope you are all aware that RSF is just a front operation for the real EmptyFlower, which operates on the dark web.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:25 pm

Dmitri wrote:
Bao wrote:

-whiteflag-
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby I-mon on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:10 pm

Why was I not informed about this thread?!
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby Steve Rowe on Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:46 am

Bao wrote:

You mean you're not following me on Fakebook, Twatter, Insultagram, mememetube and my blog?

But you are right, as a member I probably should post more on here as well.
If you see someone without a smile - give 'em one of yours...
Steve Rowe
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:22 am

Nah, whatever you post is always worth reading.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:54 am

Steve Rowe wrote:You mean you're not following me on Fakebook, Twatter, Insultagram, mememetube and my blog?

;D Only the blog, sorry. But maybe I'll send you a friend request on FakeBook....

Yes please participate. I can respect understand Mr Wallbridge's POV though, and I am sure others share it.

I miss some of the old voices on the board, but not really the older times. Too many quarrellists.
Quarrellists ...Is that a word? Sounds legit to me...
Last edited by Bao on Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bao
Great Old One

Postby KEND on Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:59 am

As an old timer [ca 2000 on EF] I occasionally post. The MA section has pretty much been taken over by TCC who go on endlessly about push hands, the OTT has occasionally had some topics of interest but most of it is old news. I try and post something to stimulate conversation but get little response except from Steve.I sometimes rack up a score by posting something outrageous about dt but that's become boring. Was not aware of 'secret' facebook, I spend a lot of time on FB, its less than ideal, I have seen as many cats , dogs and cute babies as I can stand
KEND
Great Old One

Postby jimmy on Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:50 pm

dn2 wrote:"Whereas some brahmans and contemplatives, living off food given in faith, are addicted to talking about lowly topics such as these — talking about kings, robbers, ministers of state; armies, alarms, and battles; food and drink; clothing, furniture, garlands, and scents; relatives; vehicles; villages, towns, cities, the countryside; women and heroes; the gossip of the street and the well; tales of the dead; tales of diversity [philosophical discussions of the past and future], the creation of the world and of the sea, and talk of whether things exist or not — he abstains from talking about lowly topics such as these. This, too, is part of his virtue.

"Whereas some brahmans and contemplatives, living off food given in faith, are addicted to debates such as these — 'You understand this doctrine and discipline? I'm the one who understands this doctrine and discipline. How could you understand this doctrine and discipline? You're practicing wrongly. I'm practicing rightly. I'm being consistent. You're not. What should be said first you said last. What should be said last you said first. What you took so long to think out has been refuted. Your doctrine has been overthrown. You're defeated. Go and try to salvage your doctrine; extricate yourself if you can!' — he abstains from debates such as these. This, too, is part of his virtue."
sn56.9 wrote:"Monks, do not wage wordy warfare, saying: 'You don't understand this Dhamma and discipline, I understand this Dhamma and discipline'; 'How could you understand it? You have fallen into wrong practices: I have the right practice'; 'You have said afterwards what you should have said first, and you have said first what you should have said afterwards'; 'What I say is consistent, what you say isn't'; 'What you have thought out for so long is entirely reversed'; 'Your statement is refuted'; 'You are talking rubbish!'; 'You are in the wrong'; 'Get out of that if you can!'

"Why should you not do this? Such talk, monks, is not related to the goal, it is not fundamental to the holy life, does not conduce to disenchantment, dispassion, cessation, tranquillity, higher knowledge, enlightenment or to Nibbana. When you have discussions, monks, you should discuss Suffering, the Arising of Suffering, its Cessation, and the Path that leads to its Cessation. Why is that? Because such talk is related to the goal... it conduces to disenchantment... to Nibbana. This is the task you must accomplish."
an10.69 wrote:"There are these ten topics of [proper] conversation. Which ten? Talk on modesty, on contentment, on seclusion, on non-entanglement, on arousing persistence, on virtue, on concentration, on discernment, on release, and on the knowledge & vision of release. These are the ten topics of conversation. If you were to engage repeatedly in these ten topics of conversation, you would outshine even the sun & moon, so mighty, so powerful — to say nothing of the wanderers of other sects."
jimmy
Wuji

Postby shawnsegler on Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:10 am

windwalker wrote:
Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:Dishonest? WTF? ::)

Like I said a BS move. Another site, same name, same content not announced or made known on what might be called the primary site. Ok got it..

Kind of goes along with those who talked of useing real names and yet makes changes to their own feeling it's ok I guess.

Must be a different way of looking at things.

Regardless, there are two RSF sites, now everyone knows it

The FB page was made when the site was being transferred. The people who knew about it use it...sometimes...almost exclusively to see what's up when the main site is down. If you think you were "being left out" or that there's some kind of unfulfilled responsibility by those who knew about (and hardly ever think about it at all) to let you know then, maybe you should switch to decaf or talk to your therapist or something about why it bothers you so much. It's really not an issue...even if you feel like it should be.

Best,

S.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:12 pm

Tom,

+1 on the Ministry of Silly Talks. I've often told bagua practitioners, "Well, you have a silly walk, now you just need a silly hat and you are in business."
Last edited by Peacedog on Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic