windows cursor issue

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

windows cursor issue

Postby windwalker on Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:01 am

Lately, my cursor seems to have a mind of its own :o jumping all over the place opening web pages
or adding book marks from pages opened.

Just wondering if anyone else had this problem if so...

what was your work around. :-\

thanks in advance
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Re: windows cursor issue

Postby Snork on Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:29 am

I can think of two possible causes:

1. You have some kind of undiagnosed multiple personality disorder and one of your "alters" is occasionally taking over, wanting to view other websites. Your dominant personality would be unconscious of this so it would appear that the cursor has a mind of its own. Solution: seek professional help

2. Your computer is infested with malware and someone has managed to install some variant of VNC e.g. http://www.tightvnc.com/, which they are using to try to obtain banking or other details, or possibly just to mess with you. Or, the malware itself can be controlling the computer to open web pages, either to encourage you to visit and use them, or purely to gain the ad revenue from getting you to download the page in your browser, or even to download other malware. Solution: wipe computer and reinstall, is generally safest.
Last edited by Snork on Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snork
Anjing

Postby windwalker on Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:46 am

thanks,,,actually the problem seems to have affected a lot of windows pc's after some recent windows updates.

Regarding a reinstall of the OS commonly called a reset.

Many people have tried this...and experience the same problems.
On my own pc I've managed to fix it with a work around just wanted to see if others had the problem if they did wondered what they did
to fix it or might suggest something I hadn't noted.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:51 am

We have a secret Facebook group just for issues like this.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:58 am

GrahamB wrote:We have a secret Facebook group just for issues like this.

yes so I've heard,,,,didnt see the issue brought up there. maybe I'll bring it up... 8-)

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... de85f4da59

some history seems like it affected many people

Any ideas? My mouse pointer is jumping all over the place closing out Tabs opening other Tabs jumping off the Browser closing the Browser. I’ve uninstalled the mouse twice checked driver updates to no avail. I’m running the Windows 10 newest update on an HP Desk Top. I tried 3 different virus scans and none of them worked or found anything.

I fix the problem by turning off the touchscreen in the Device Manager, now to figure out how to fix the problem with the HID-Compliant Touch Screen. After shutting down the computer and restarting the HID-Compliant Touch Screen it becomes active again but it says its disabled. Reactivate it and then disable it again after every shutdown. I cannot find any diver updates. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Woody

https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions ... indows-10/
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby klonk on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:53 pm

GrahamB wrote:We have a secret Facebook group just for issues like this.

Confound it. You cannot keep anything secret once a Brit journalist is apprised.

Listen up: The first rule of the secret group is...
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic