UFOs

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: UFOs

Postby Steve James on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:02 am

Cost whatever it will, it’s the “spread” thing all organism has inherent, at least the earthly ones.....Maybe we deep inside know we will use up this planet, and maybe that will be just in time when we found another one to settle.

It is certainly inherent in living things to move to where the best resources are. That's part of my point. The Earth is our absolute best resource, but people are starving here.

Yep, we are in the process of using up or destroying the resources on this planet that we need. Almost universally, the destruction is done for the profit of a few individuals (or corporations). You can't convince me that if we got to Mars it would be any different. We'd just start the process of using it up.

Afa the necessity of leaving this planet because of some celestial reason --because the sun become a red giant, for example-- the fact is that Mars is considerably smaller than the Earth. If we're really lucky, in a thousand years there'll be a lot more Earthlings. So, maybe it's feasible that expansion into the rest of the solar system will be an opportunity to "save" some of the species. Remember the movie 2012, and who got saved?

My point is that terra-forming Earth is more practical than terra-forming Mars, and more beneficial for the survival of the species. "We" could make this planet a paradise, and I seriously doubt we could do so anywhere else if we can't do it here. We just don't have it in us.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:21 am

My thinkin` turbulence is , - that we are bystanders of the intergalactic highway...
Did you, guys, read Strugacki`s novel " Picnic on the edge of the road? "
Just paint the picture of the roads side meadow after the picnic.
There is lot of mysterious things left, for the meadow`s original habitants , -joint- /not to mention what can be left after a rock festival/
It is really hard to imagine for us /humans/, that somebody may not pay attention on us and our efforts! :D
Last edited by wiesiek on Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:14 am

@ Giles
I hear you,

I Never disqualified our ancestors ability to use their brains,
and
because they had it , definitely ,-
hard to imagine purpose of such work,
`cause:
1. tools - I`m not telling, that by using primitive tools precision work is impossible,
however,
to get one of the PumaP. stone done ,- whole population in the area would work 100 or more years , everyday...
of course, IF they was able to produce >qi ball< in their hands carving the stones with smooth surface is kasha with milk ;),
btw, when they was workin` hard, friendly Aliens delivered them food ...
hmmm,
did somebody counted how many of them /carved stones/,are in the area?

2. flying model -
really, today we have times where by mounting rocked engine to the ax - you may get > flying model<,
but
look closely on the gem found - it is not carved follow similar to birds-lookin` shape,
did you ever sow bird with triangles wings?

to make post short, jut this two points.
W.
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Trick on Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:54 am

absolutely the ancient might very well have developed “modern day” technology such as electricity, the “dendera light” might be a suggestion to that ? Or could it be they got it from Space travelers ? Also at the dendera temple(I think it is) there are some hieroglyphic carving that very much looks as airplane, submarine and a tank, why they are there no one seemingly have no idea about. Dendera light https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendera_light
Trick

Postby middleway on Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:39 am

to get one of the PumaP. stone done ,- whole population in the area would work 100 or more years , everyday...

Even a cursory search of the actually literature would show that this is nonsense. The stones are NOT Granite or Diorite, they are Red sandstone.

How do you feel about the information in this video debunking the idea?

thanks.
Last edited by middleway on Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby Bao on Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:56 am

The distances in universe are quite ... big ...

Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:12 am

It is really hard to imagine for us /humans/, that somebody may not pay attention on us and our efforts! :D

The universe does not have to live up to human expectations :). The universe is 14 billion years old. The Earth is 4 billion. The oldest hominins are 2 million years old. Homo sapiens have been around for perhaps 400 thousand years. We've only developed radio technology in the last 150 years; the first radio waves haven't even gone that far yet. (Btw, the first broadcast they might get would be of Hitler, iinm).

There had to be a lot of accidents for all the conditions necessary for life to start on Earth. Among the trillions of stars with planets in a zone that "might" be favorable for human life, there's no way to predict that human-like life would emerge or evolve there. There is a probability, of course. But if there are --say-- millions of planets in the universe with human like life -or simply intelligent life interested in space travel-- and all or some of them reached the same tech capabilities that we have, they sure haven't bothered to make themselves obviously known.

The faces on the buildings at Puma look like humans who already lived there. UFO abductees say that the aliens don't look human at all. Guys like Van Daniken talk about proof of alien arrivals on all the continents, and they're all ancient. There's no explanation why modern aliens aren't building monuments today, or why beings with the capability of traveling at or near the speed of light thousands of years ago would bother or need to build anything in stone, if they wanted to stay.

They'd probably have mastered the use of electricity. They'd have air conditioning and heating that would at least be as modern as ours are today. I think if we found alien stuff it would be far advanced to what we have now, not more advanced compared to Neolithic civilizations.

Anyway, another "accident" in human history is that we've survived this long and haven't destroyed ourselves or been destroyed by some natural disaster. That is true for all the other possible places in the universe that may contain life (at the biological level, not even human life). Maybe it's true that extraterrestrials escaped from their dying planet and came here. But, it's unlikely that they were hominins that evolved into homo sapiens. That would be more akin to a creationist view, which would still have to explain all those other million year fossils.

Whether people accept that aliens are angels and that UFOs are extra-celestial beings is up to them. Maybe aliens and angels co-exist. Otoh, we might be the first species to achieve this level of intelligence and technological ability. In which case, maybe our future is to become the "ancient aliens" on some other planet outside our solar system. Though, because of Einstein's time dilation, if someone goes to another solar system, the Earth and the people on it will not be the same when he returns. That's equally true for all space travelers, and it might be why some advanced civilizations might decide to stay home.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:32 am

And then there in a far away distant future somewhere out there, maybe Mars. Tall a little slenderish upright walking creatures theorize on a Internet forum that far far back in time their ancestors might have come from that grey planet that orbs a little closer to their star....Yes could been but highly unlikely most of them agree on
Trick

Postby Trick on Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:58 am

Steve James wrote:Though, because of Einstein's time dilation, if someone goes to another solar system, the Earth and the people on it will not be the same when he returns. That's equally true for all space travelers, and it might be why some advanced civilizations might decide to stay home.

The time dilation of far space travel and at possible near or light speed. I don’t know how it works, but supposedly space travelers of such would seem to age very slowly by those who are strictly earthbound ? Read some theory that the very advanced ages Sumerian and Babylonian Kings came to was due to their direct ancestry to the Gods(aliens) and therefore where allowed to come along sometimes in their Gods space vehicles, so just a short time for them in space several years might have passed for those who stayed on earth ? Each time they came back to earth they brought with them some new knowledge/ souvenir for the earthbound.....Kind of space field tripping 8-)
Trick

Postby Steve James on Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:18 am

but supposedly space travelers of such would seem to age very slowly by those who are strictly earthbound ?

It's one of Einstein's predictions that have been proven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2s1-RHuljo
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:09 pm

Steve James
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:14 am

I`m more with the theory of the >worm hole<, or folding the space , as the possible way to travel such distance.
I agree with the Steve, here, that due to time dilation Galactic Exploration doesn`t make too much sense.

@thx middleway,
I`ve been thinkin` about work with granite or similar :)
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby middleway on Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:18 am

I`ve been thinkin` about work with granite or similar :)

But none of the blocks are Granite....

Petrographic and chemical analyses are relatively trivial to carry out, and even allowed us to determine exactly where the rocks were quarried. Pumapunku's large blocks are a common red sandstone that was quarried about 10 kilometers away. Many of the smaller stones, including the most ornamental and some of the facing stones, are of igneous andesite and came from a quarry on the shore of Lake Titicaca, about 90 kilometers away.
Last edited by middleway on Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Me

middleway
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:09 am

During my work on the arts renovation field I was workin` with stones sculptures from ancient south American tribes,
so,
I have some >hands on < experience with stonework , using contemporary tools , of c.
But
some of the precious pieces was done /finishing/ literally - by hands only, no tools whatsoever ,only differently textured rags has been used.
to shortly sum my experience up:
time and efforts can do a lot,
however
TIME is the main factor,
+ what drive couple of consecutive generation for such tasks?
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby middleway on Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:09 am

ok, so let me grant you the timescales (that i still do not think stand up to struteny.)

If the understanding of ancient tools, is insufficient to explain the process wouldnt the next logical step be "Maybe we are missing some tools / informaiton on the methods used"

and not ...

Me

middleway
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic