UFOs

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: UFOs

Postby Giles on Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:02 am

middleway wrote:If the understanding of ancient tools, is insufficient to explain the process wouldnt the next logical step be "Maybe we are missing some tools / informaiton on the methods used"

and not ...

+1

Brother Occam, may we borrow your razor for a moment?
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:29 am

Worm holes are an interesting theoretical possibility, as is the possibility of parallel universes. Well, I've still got to think about it from a perspective that is practical for humans. Some scientists are proposing that a warp drive could be made that only required the energy of a Voyager spacecraft. Most others argue that a spaceship with space warping capabilities would require the energy output of the planet Jupiter. Either way, both require the use of materials that haven't been developed yet (such as a container for anti-matter --if you're a Star Trek fan, you'll know what I mean). :)

Michio Kaku argues that a civilization capable of this is like the Federation. He calls them class 3 civilizations. That class of civilization has already gone through the stage of mastering the planet, its weather, earthquakes, etc., and gone past the stage of mastering their star. I.e., they could build structures around it, harness its energy, even move it. When we watch Star Trek and see the Enterprise flying into a star or a black hole, that's the type of control he means. Shucks, today we barely manage to utilize solar energy.

Hey, all of that is possible in theory, and someone somewhere might have the ability. That's Kaku's second point. To aliens who can warp space, we humans are like ants. When humans see an ant hill, they don't ask to speak to their leaders, they don't build buildings using the same materials that the ants use, they don't try to improve ant civilization. :) Everybody knows that we're more likely to consider them pests, or even food. If we're nice, we just let them live.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:02 am

..."Abstract

Mach's principle, that inertial forces should be generated by the motion of a body relative to the bulk of matter in the Universe, is shown to be related to the structure imposed on space-time by dynamical theories. General relativity theory and Mach's principle are both shown to be well supported by observations. Since Mach's principle is not contained in general relativity this leads to a discussion of attempts to derive Machian theories. The most promising of these appears to be a selection rule for solutions of the general relativistic field equations, in which the space-time metric structure is generated by the matter content of the Universe only in a well-defined way. ..."

This is part of the article about theory which make construction of the star gate possible and quite new type of stars vessels.
As I heard dr Woodworth experimentally proof Mach`s theory,
and follow his words:
in 20 years big workin` prototype can be done .

unconventional rocket :
http://www2.ee.ic.ac.uk/derek.low08/yr2 ... effect.htm
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:22 am

Brother Occam, may we borrow your razor for a moment?
:)
from all UFO reported accidents over 80% can be explained by contemporary physic
so
we have over 10% unexplained
It doesn`t mean, that in the future we will not find "natural" explanation, of c.,
but
some of the question marks are quite heavy...
Last edited by wiesiek on Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 am

I didn't read anything about star gate production based on Mach. The author goes on to write:

Performance Evaluation
We now evaluate the performance of this technology using results from Paul March's Mach-2MHz experimental set up. Firstly, the lifetime of the set up just lasted a few minutes, which offers the first stumbling block to being a feasible rocket drive. Secondly however, the results from the experiment showed a very high specific impulse, of IESP = 13.62×1012 s. This is superior to that of the Space Shuttle's main engine (SSME) which has a specific impulse of 454 s. Thirdly, the thrust-to-weight ratio of the set up was a mere 7.44×10-4 compared to that of the SSME which has a ratio of 73.12. Finally, we seek to evaluate the possible trajectory of the technology. Results are unconfirmed as yet, but it is proposed that for a 1 g constant acceleration, the time taken for a Mach Effect based rocket drive to travel from geosynchronous orbit to the Moon takes about 4 hours.

Four hours is fast, but it takes light less than two seconds to travel between the Earth and the moon. The nearest star is 4+ light years away (that's four years not counting acceleration, deceleration and/or the necessity of steering).

I.e., how do we steer if we're traveling near the speed of light. And, if we warp space, how do we know where we're going? Time and space will be warped, but how will we know what part of space is safe to warp to if we've never been there? And, how do we know where to warp back? Reminds me of Twilight Zone episodes :).

Well, I think that the Earth is already the best space ship for humans and even human interstellar discovery. I think it's just as feasible to engineer a way to move the Earth as to engineer a way to control worm holes or travel faster than light. I don't think we'll be safely navigating through warped space before we're able to navigate space in our own solar system. I'd bet that we'd have people on one of Jupiter's moons before we have them on anyplace outside the solar system.

Another possibility is human nomadism on an artificial space ship. I mean that there will be a group of people who go away from Earth on a one way trip to nowhere, just into space. They don't need to travel exceptionally fast. They just need a way to generate the energy needed for to support and recreate life. (Um, of course, if it had it's own air, water, animals, plants, and the other comforts of home, it'd be a lot like the Earth :)). But, humans who lived in a big metal box would inevitably change (or evolve because of less gravity, more cosmic radiation, etc.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby middleway on Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:03 am

Great post Steve.

For the reasons stated above, If i were to believe that other beings were visiting earth in some craft or another, i would air on the interdimensional hypothesis rather than the extraterrestrial one. It removes the distance problem etc.
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:12 am

Yeah, the existence of beings that coexist in a separate dimension is fascinating. We might be visible to beings who existed in four or more dimensions, but they would be invisible to us. How much they could interact with our universe is another question.

Usually, we conceive of "aliens beings" as being like us in some way, i.e., aliens "in our own image." That is the big problem. Why do we think they'd even notice us? We have only recently discovered the world of bacteria and viruses. Viruses are not even plants, animals, fungi or any other class of "living" thing, but they're here, may have arrived from somewhere, and they don't care about human or other forms of life. Maybe they're the revenge of the Martians after the war of the worlds. :)

Hey, we should really be talking about real science fiction. I enjoy the heck out of The Expanse.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:32 am

Trick

Postby Steve James on Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:52 am

IF you watch Star Trek Discovery, you might know about these guys and space travel.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:17 am

wiesiek
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:55 am

If idea of the interplanetary`s doors , aka Star Gate technology was/is/will be reality ,
it is the same technology, which make inter-dimensional connection possible, I suppose.
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:45 am

Trick wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Termites_from_Mars

For bugs and down but especially bugs humans tend to care little about, when they come too close to us most have no problem to smash and crush them. Probably why science-fiction with big intelligent but yet with “primitive” behavior space bugs comes to attack(take revenge:) on us seem scary/fascinating....Maybe it’s possible for bugs to evolve into “intelligent” beings as us, but to get the brain to evolve their bodies also have to evolve into upright walking format I guess...two legged bugs with four arms maybe, that would be a tricky one to have a brawl with :)
Trick

Postby wiesiek on Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:36 am

:) Bugs hi tech civilization...
https://youtu.be/NxuUbizTVXM
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:39 am

"They were a mix or even you could say, in some ways, a hybrid of different people.

"Their blood types are very complicated as well, they should be blood type O if they’re 100 percent Native American and that’s not the case.

"We are likely looking at a sub-species of humanity as regards to the Paracas. It seems to be a lot of DNA evidence from extreme eastern Europe and extreme western Asia.

"More specifically I’m talking about the area in between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea where ancient elongated skull people lived I think about 3,000 years ago.

"So I think we are looking at a migration pattern starting in the Caspian Black Sea area and then entering through the Persian Gulf and then moving eastwards eventually winding up on the coast of Peru."

He added: "It appears that the largest elongated skulls on the planet have been found, A in Paracas, Peru and B in the Caucasus area in between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea.

"So my theory is that there was a sub-species of human which we are going to be eventually calling Homo-Sapiens-Sapiens-Paracas, and they were living in the area in between the Caspian and Black Sea.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:05 am

Survivors/ancestors from an sunken continent ? Atlanteans, maybe Mueans, Lemurians ? or ancestors of stranded Remulakians?
Trick

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic