RIP JOHN McCAINE

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

RIP JOHN McCAINE

Postby KEND on Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:28 pm

Sad to hear he succumbed to brain cancer. I didn't always agree with his politics but admired him as a man of principle, brave beyond what we can imagine. In this age of corrupt politicians, outsize egos, despicable actions he will be missed.
KEND
Great Old One

Re: RIP JOHN McCAINE

Postby Steve James on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:06 am

R.I.P. to an honorable man.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:27 am

R.I.P. for brave human soul.
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:12 am

Thank you sir, for your life of service.

You are a fine example of what a Navy man can achieve.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:18 pm

He was a man who suffered greatly for what he believed in and that is to be respected.

As a sometime resident of the American southwest I had many issues with him as a senator.

But he was a great man nonetheless.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby KEND on Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:41 pm

I was watching the eulogies for McCain today. Why did Ryan, Pence , Graham have to speak, its probably protocol but these spineless creatures represent the opposite of everything JM stood, giving in to the whims of trump to get their mean spirited agenda through the house. For once trump did the right thing, he stayed away
KEND
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:11 pm

KEND wrote:I was watching the eulogies for McCain today. Why did Ryan, Pence , Graham have to speak, its probably protocol but these spineless creatures represent the opposite of everything JM stood, giving in to the whims of trump to get their mean spirited agenda through the house. For once trump did the right thing, he stayed away

Is it just protocol for you or do you have some thing to say about John McCain.

Not fan a of him.
JM has another side to his history that is not portrayed now, respecting his death not really the time
to bring it up,,,
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:37 pm

Well, people have lots of things to say about John McCain. For example:
https://vfwauxiliary.org/vfw-remembers-sen-john-mccain/
https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/po ... /37654245/
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/3896 ... r-survivor

Yeah, those were only veterans' groups. I'm sure after his burial, we'll find out how they really feel.
As a draft resister, I can only admire and respect him. Everybody is allowed his opinion. Though, many would agree with the Republican senator who said "Anyone Who Tarnishes John McCain’s Reputation ‘Deserves a Whippin’."
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:06 pm

Steve James wrote: Everybody is allowed his opinion.
Though, many would agree with the Republican senator who said "Anyone Who Tarnishes John McCain’s Reputation ‘Deserves a Whippin’."

The thread one would presume by the title is for those expressing condolences for a loss.
He like all arrived at the end of a life lived. Not a fan of many if not most of his policies
there is a history to him that is being overlooked or not mentioned in favor of what some may feel he meant to them in life
respecting his death.

I see no need to inject into a thread about his death with things that don't directly pertain to it on a thread honoring his death.
You and some others may feel different using it as an opportunity to do so. "Everybody is allowed his opinion" totally agree

good to know you agree with violence to silence differing opinions.
A draft resistor, respects a war monger 'yep about right.
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:29 pm

I don't know where I said I'd agreed with anything. I said "many would agree" with that GOP senator's opinion.

Afa draft resisting, I think it's shameful that my president would disparage someone who served. I think it shows how much he truly respects veterans for their service, especially when they've actually sacrificed something.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:45 pm

Steve James wrote:

I don't know where I said I'd agreed with anything. I said "many would agree" with that GOP senator's opinion.
a tacit agreement by posting it.

Afa draft resisting, I think it's shameful that my president would disparage someone who served. I think it shows how much he truly respects veterans for their service, especially when they've actually sacrificed something. wow he's your president...as he is to all US citizens whether they agree with him or not...are you a US citizen or not...

you not a vet,
Some vets including my self understand what he meant when he said it in the context of the what and how.
He criticized a man who happened to be a vet...expressing his opinion on an event that happened with the persons service.

How this is supposed to reflect on all vets, is a matter of opinion, as a vet I never took it as such.
Many vets appreciate and benefit from his efforts to reform vet health care.

carry on....
on thread about a mans death by those who
probably would not agree with the man in life. understandable .... :-\
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:22 pm

Steve James wrote:

Afa draft resisting, I think it's shameful that my president would disparage someone who served. I think it shows how much he truly respects veterans for their service, especially when they've actually sacrificed something.

CultureToggle navigation
How John McCain Worked
BY JOSH CLARK & KATHRYN WHITBOURNE

Voting Record of John McCain: Ethics, Morality and Veterans

Veterans:
In 2006, McCain voted against a funding amendment (S. Amdt. 3704) to provide $20 million to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for health care facilities [source: U.S. Senate].

He voted against another 2006 amendment (S. Amdt. 3642) that provided the VA an additional $430 million in funding for outpatient care and treatment for veterans [source: U.S. Senate].

McCain voted against S. Amdt. 3007 in 2006, which would have provided an additional $1.5 billion in funding for veterans' health care in FY 2007 by closing tax loopholes [source: U.S. Senate].

In 2005, he voted against an amendment to provide an additional $500 million for veterans' mental health care for each year between 2006 and 2010 (S. Amdt. 2634) [source: U.S. Senate].

Some of the policies he voted for or blocked.

There are many unsung heroes of the Vietnam War who served just as much time as a prisoner of war or made other sacrifices during the war.

He just happened to be the son of a famous Admiral and later became would become a figure in the American government.

Like many things they're both good and bad he lived a life which is now ended he will be remembered as a part of American history.
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:35 pm

He criticized a man who happened to be a vet...expressing his opinion on an event that happened with the persons service.

Yeah, he said that he liked people who didn't get caught; so he couldn't call McCain a hero. Of course,he has a right to his opinion. However, no one said he didn't.

In fact, you're the one who started complaining about Ken's opinion. He was just expressing his view. He didn't mention you. Yet, you're now talking about him and "others." And, no one has said you shouldn't have your opinion. I just pointed out that lots of people disagree.

I'm sure that you or someone will be able to point out McCain's flaws. Go right ahead and set the record straight in a week or so. It's your right.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:40 pm

Is it about him or president Trump.
Just pointing out the hypocritical nature of those who seem to take any opportunity to express their opinion about the president.

Carry on
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:45 pm

KEND wrote:I was watching the eulogies for McCain today. Why did Ryan, Pence , Graham have to speak, its probably protocol but these spineless creatures represent the opposite of everything JM stood, giving in to the whims of trump to get their mean spirited agenda through the house. For once trump did the right thing, he stayed away

So what did he stand for
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Next

Return to Off the Topic