TV Shows you love to hate

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

TV Shows you love to hate

Postby KEND on Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:22 am

For openers
Batchelors batchelorettes--completely contrived, bring together beautiful people introduce 'love' might as well use robots
Any judge show: put some ex judge up and let them blather on to some unfortunate [usually minority] who irked them
Anything with kardashian in the title--vicariously share the lives of the rich and boring
Most morning shows: have become bland and boring, post METOO?,
Springer et al: deplorable but at least some action
The media delights in misery, when someone famous dies there is a media frenzy for a week, then it disappears as the public gets burned out
Most news with 'experts', go on endlessly repeating the obvious, particularly on trump
Most game shows [introduction usually; 'my handsome husband and two beautiful children], except jeopardy which maintains some decorum
Post game analyses: -booooring
In fact most TV is shit
KEND
Great Old One

Re: TV Shows you love to hate

Postby edededed on Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:31 pm

I agree strongly!

Why do we need to keep watching TV? Its objective is #1 money-making #2 mind control

The reason we have stupid shows like what Ken noted is that people like it, and thus it makes money. I am dumbfounded as to why watching the Kardashian family is interesting in any way.

Just say no!
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:58 pm

Anything involving a Kardashian or the Jersey Shore.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:12 am

hehe,
Edededed, your question should sound more like:
Why THEY needs us to watch ...
now, answer is on the spot :)

Worth to mention, that we have lot of the same TV shows around the globe, they are copy, made from sold Americans TV basic frame /here in Poland for ex we have 99% such shit/
Now we can paraphrase Lenin`s worlds:
to:
TV is the opium for plebs .
What interesting , I was reading once, that watching 1 h. TV show is kinda of one vodka shot equivalent .
Really amazing, that somebody, for ex., is watching- well known internationally shit show - /put the name of the city here....Shore /.
This particular one, evolved from the "Big Brother", which was one of the 1st., I suppose.
They are just drinkin` and fuckin` around.

I don`t even tryin` to touch Jap.shows :o
or some new Netherlands, were participants are eating part ow their own flesh,
let`s say the truth, not raw - : cooking or frying :D
BUT
always... ::) -argh-

anyway, answer is simple- just don`t turn it on !
of course, only elite can do it,
plebs goin` with the flow.
and
we have BIG problem - polarization of the minds,
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Trick on Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:46 am

Trick

Postby KEND on Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:00 am

There were many more, Jersey shore which glorified a white trash lifestyle[a show in the UK from the north of England was even worse], naked and afraid-supposed to tittivate but ended nauseating. big brother who gives a shit.
There seems to be less and less quality shows, the old UK cop and mysteries, history channel that featured cultures and ancient history, even the early NCIS and other forensic related shows. Turner at least has old movies
KEND
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:24 am

I pretty much hate all reality shows. Anything that is built around people being horrible to each other is not worth watching.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby .Q. on Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:16 am

Iron Fist is one of the most annoying shows that I watched a few episodes of. The lead actor is "incredible". He not only clearly can't do any MA, he isn't even athletic. I honestly think he's less athletic than the general population with one month training. It's even more hilarious watching him try to teach the lead actress how to move because she clearly moves a lot better than him. His acting is terrible too. I really wonder how he got the job?
.Q.
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:58 am

Weinstein?
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:21 pm

.Q. wrote:Iron Fist is one of the most annoying shows that I watched a few episodes of. The lead actor is "incredible". He not only clearly can't do any MA, he isn't even athletic. I honestly think he's less athletic than the general population with one month training. It's even more hilarious watching him try to teach the lead actress how to move because she clearly moves a lot better than him. His acting is terrible too. I really wonder how he got the job?

He played "The Knight of Flowers" on Game Of Thrones, a highly skilled (in tournaments) knight who happens to be gay. He carries that well, mainly because they never actually showed him fighting, just talking about it, and weapons/armor can be considered an equalizer. his greatest battle on screen he won against the odds-on favorite "The Mountain" by riding a mare in heat which made his opponent's horse unruly, which was punished by The Mountain cutting his horses head off with a single stroke.

He's horrible in Iron Fist. The Defenders was a little better because the rest of the cast gave him shit constantly

Anyhow, I'm guessing the success of GoT and the nature of THAT character is what put him in line for IF.
Last edited by origami_itto on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby .Q. on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:54 pm

oragami_itto wrote:
.Q. wrote:Iron Fist is one of the most annoying shows that I watched a few episodes of. The lead actor is "incredible". He not only clearly can't do any MA, he isn't even athletic. I honestly think he's less athletic than the general population with one month training. It's even more hilarious watching him try to teach the lead actress how to move because she clearly moves a lot better than him. His acting is terrible too. I really wonder how he got the job?

He played "The Knight of Flowers" on Game Of Thrones, a highly skilled (in tournaments) knight who happens to be gay. He carries that well, mainly because they never actually showed him fighting, just talking about it, and weapons/armor can be considered an equalizer. his greatest battle on screen he won against the odds-on favorite "The Mountain" by riding a mare in heat which made his opponent's horse unruly, which was punished by The Mountain cutting his horses head off with a single stroke.

He's horrible in Iron Fist. The Defenders was a little better because the rest of the cast gave him shit constantly

Anyhow, I'm guessing the success of GoT and the nature of THAT character is what put him in line for IF.

Didn't get into GoT so wasn't aware of this. At least there's some logical explanation. I kept wondering how the hell the guy got casted. It's amazing he kept getting roles as a highly skilled "anything".
.Q.
Wuji

Postby aamc on Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:16 pm

Err... Life is too short for bad TV. Unless of course you like bad TV. Why not just give us a list of recommendations! Here are what I've been watching recently and thought quite fun:

1. The Bridge 3
2. Demolition, the wrecking crew
aamc
Wuji

Postby Bao on Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:14 pm

Hate BB and similar, completely pointless TV. But I still like some shows about real struggles, when something real is at stake. (Isn't that why so many people like sports?) However it's the psychology behind why people do things and why they act as they act that is interesting, IMO. A show as Judge Judy can be entertaining. Steve Wilkos can be interesting at times but sometimes very hard to watch. When I started up my business I watched a lot of Dragon's Den/ Shark Tank, The Apprentice and similar. I wanted to learn more about why some people succeed and why some others don't and the psychology behind success and behind people who built up something from zero.
Last edited by Bao on Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:56 am

I recommend watching:
- Animal shows
- Science/medicine nonfiction shows

It is hard for the above to be political or used for mind control (influence).
edededed
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic