Feng Shui

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Feng Shui

Postby Bill on Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:00 pm

Feng Shui, who thinks it really works or is it just BS for $$ ?

NOTE: Dr. Roger West is a friend of mine.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Re: Feng Shui

Postby Bill on Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:04 pm

About Dr West

Dr. Roger West has been a student in Chinese philosophy, martial arts, meditation, and healing arts for over 27 years. During this time he has given instruction in various Chinese martial arts as well as Tui Na and acupressure and has taught and lectured about Feng Shui to thousands of people. His early instruction in Chinese healing arts became the impetus for him to receive his doctor’s degree in chiropractic to utilize his skills in Chinese tui-na, bone setting and acupressure.

Dr. West became familiar with feng shui over a quarter century ago by Master Hsu Hong Hsi. Master Hsu introduced Form School Feng Shui and gave him a firm grounding in the basic theories of Yin-Yang, Five Element Theory and the Eight Trigrams. In 1991 Dr. West began his in depth study of traditional Chinese Feng Shui and became a senior student of Master Larry Sang, founder of the American Feng Shui Institute. Throughout the years he has continued to broaden his knowledge of feng shui most currently by studying with Master Peter Leung of Toronto, Canada. His years of experience have endowed him with the ability to apply and test feng shui techniques in the context of our modern western lifestyle. His clients benefit from his practical and effective recommendations.

Dr. West served as a senior instructor for the American Feng Shui Institute for several years and helped train many of the students who have gone on to become successful feng shui practitioners in Los Angeles, CA and beyond. He teaches and lectures throughout the U.S. and has taught a popular class on Feng Shui at Los Angeles Harbor College for the past nine years.

Dr. West has been featured in various publications such as Feng Shui for Modern Living (United Kingdom), Marie Claire Magazine (Italy), The Awareness Magazine and Wind-Water Magazine (Los Angeles) and the Daily Breeze Newspaper (So. Calif.).

A variety of businesses and manufacturing facilities have utilized the services of Dr. West. In addition he provides on-site Feng Shui consultaions for clients in various walks of life giving advice for their homes, retail stores, restaurants, corporate offices.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:13 pm

Is the hsu Hong hsi you refer to here the head of Shen lung tang shou Tao
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Bao on Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:26 pm

The people who are the real deal in Feng Shui have a great deal of knowledge, psychology especially. They know how people react to color, smell, different types of spaces etc, etc, etc. They can help shop owners with getting more people to enter their stores and get them to consume more. Mostly it’s about small, simple and most commonsensical things as placing a light at the right spot or placing shelves in a way they get most exposure as possible. As always, people have a hard time to understand simple and commonsensical things, they just won’t take those things seriously. But if you speak about qi and how to you qi flow to create luck and fortune, people will listen carefully to everything. So Feng Shui is more or less just common sense in an extraordinary well thought package.
Last edited by Bao on Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:36 pm

Wayne
Yes, Hsu Hong-chi used to teach his grand students quite often when he stayed at John Price's house.
(I do not know why he spells the name like that.. I'll ask next time I see him).
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:59 pm

Yes master Hsu did teach Feng shui
The only reason I asked was if your frien started learning 27 years ago shu was long dead
This is the second time I have people talk about training with Hsu after his death
The other one is quite famous and featured here quite often
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Bill on Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:11 pm

Hi Wayne

Master Hsu did teach a little feng shui while here in the US in the late 70's. That was Dr. West's intro to feng shui and what began his interest in it, not his in depth study.
I think you're referring to this ..."In 1991 Dr. West began his in depth study of traditional Chinese Feng Shui and became a senior student of Master Larry Sang, founder of the American Feng Shui Institute."
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:21 pm

No Bill what I was referring to was your first line that said he had been training all those things for over 27 years
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Bill on Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:06 pm

Wayne

That post was taken from his website to give an idea of his background. I think it has not been updated in a while.

1974 to 2018 = 44 years.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:44 pm

That makes more sense
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Trick on Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:21 pm

Funny I was thinking about Feng Shui this morning....again. There’s a drugstore down beside the building I live in, it’s located a little in from the street and have a big bush in front so it’s not really seen from the street. Seemingly to compensate for their “bad” location and messaging “see us” they often have an loudspeaker placed outside the store playing music annoyingly loud, and that’s why I again came to think about Feng Shui this morning because the music woke me up when I was supposed to sleep at least one more hour.....Damned homemade Feng Shui.........’Does music count as an Feng Shui medium?
Trick

Postby windwalker on Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:38 pm

my first mantis teacher in Korea.

Talked about what the Japanese did when they occupied Korea.

He mentioned they went up into the mountains and spiked the lines of power
in the mountains.

One of the key ideas of Doseon's Pungsu-jiri-seol is the Baekdu-daegan, the mountain-range-spine
of the Korean Peninsula, believed by traditionalists of all sorts to continuously feed essential Gi
throughout the nation, from its mountains into all its agricultural products, spring-waters and air, and
thus into its people.

It's unimpeded clear flow is considered necessary for the birth and raising of
heroic and virtuous citizens, and thus for the health, strength and prosperity of the Korean Nation.

San-shin worship at the great mountains along its path is believed to assist and increase this Gi-flow.

http://www.san-shin.net/Pungsu-jiri.html
Last edited by windwalker on Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Trick on Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:41 pm

The more visible Feng Shui(for us with untrained Feng shui eyes) objects that are a nice touch in our surroundings are the two lions, elephants or dragon creatures sush as the pixiu standing at the gate of banks or other corporations, big aquariums with colorful carps and the zig-zagged bridges in parks
Trick

Postby windwalker on Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:46 pm

Another of his key concepts is the hyeol, an auspicious site on the slope of a mountain where the
energies of Heaven and Earth [Cheon-gi & Ji-gi] are very well-balanced and can best be accessed by
beings who live there, to promote their physical and mental health and the development of their wisdom.

There usually should be a high prominent "Black Tortoise" (with the turtle depicted having snake or dragon
parts) 현무 玄武:北 peak to the rear (north), a rocky "White Tiger" 백호 白虎:西 ridge on the right (west),
a winding "Blue Dragon" 청룡 靑龍:東 ridge on the left (east), and a good open view beyond a protective
hill to the "Red Phoenix" 주작 朱雀:南 direction in front (the south); water from a spring, stream or river
up in front is excellent.

The Gi of a hyeol is said to swirl to the right (in the 'clockwise' direction) which
gives positive effects (left or counterclockwise motion is then negative-effecting energy, while straight-moving is just
'neutral'); it is said to calm the wind in that area and attract water to it.

Among the best-known of the many examples of these spots are Jiri-san's Cheonghak-dong Valley south of Samshin-bong Peak,
Sobaek-san's Buseok-sa Temple, Deogyu-san's Gucheondong or Toham-san's Bulguk-sa & Seokgul-am.

http://www.san-shin.net/Pungsu-jiri.html

It's something of those I've met take very seriously. They also have what are called "Suseok (수석), also called viewing stones" also called "water stones "
that are very expensive Image
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suseok
Last edited by windwalker on Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:51 pm

Trick wrote:The more visible Feng Shui(for us with untrained Feng shui eyes) objects that are a nice touch in our surroundings are the two lions, elephants or dragon creatures sush as the pixiu standing at the gate of banks or other corporations, big aquariums with colorful carps and the zig-zagged bridges in parks

A friend of mine helped to translate a book written by a feng shui master...in SF long ago.
He read my friends chart and told him things would be good....When he did mine he just said
that I would have some very hard times and things would get better in the end....

In each case he was right,,,I suppose sometimes its better not to know. and just go though it..
I asked him about this he said " one can not change it, only mitigate it" its fate....

makes one think....
windwalker
Wuji

Next

Return to Off the Topic