Reiki is of the devil?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Reiki is of the devil?

Postby greytowhite on Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:27 pm

Peacedog wrote:I would be highly cautious about using anything other than a mainline Buddhist mandala without significant training. And avoid any of the shamanistically influenced stuff, specifically Tibetan and Bonpo mandalas. There's some aggressive and not necesarily pacified stuff inside those.

I'm currently learning a vajra meditation from a Tibetan Bon lineage and it's very intense at times and definitely not fluffy and happy like the reiki portion of the class has been. Images of serpents and violence are pretty commonly reported in class after practicing the vajra breathing. The reiki stuff is much kinder and the channeled entities are helpful if not exactly willing to stick around if you're not doing the work or if you have an impure intent. I found it easier to see spirits after reiki attunement. White balls running around and some times they can be distracting and willing to talk. I'm told some are ancestral and some are from the healing lineage.
Practice Makes Progress
greytowhite
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:31 pm

gtw,

Thank you for your commentary.

Some of that Bonpo stuff is pretty raw. To maximize what you are getting out of it, I would highly recommend engaging in some kind of jibengung/body training. This essentially increases the size of the pipes involved in transmitting the energy generated in the ritual. You can check out some of the resistance training videos on Mark Rasmus' Vimeo site as a point of reference. FYI, the body training is why martial practitioners tend to be the strongest. They have simply invested more time in training the ligaments, and tendons, needed to harness the energy in a way that meditative/yogic practitioners largely lack.

Best of luck with your training.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby greytowhite on Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:36 pm

Indeed, we have been learning the seated meditations with accompanying mudras and mantras alongside a Tibetan yoga set and neigong from baguazhang. It's a very interesting progression of sets and if done out of order as presented the results are not the same. Still good but not quite as mind blowing. There's a very systematic way this is being taught and at times it has been ritualistic. I'm grateful to be shown the meditative work and it's really expanded my repertoire of bagua qi/neigong beyond what I've been working on the past few years.

I've noticed that the 8 zhan zhuang postures and the respective exercises I got a basic exposure from Han Yiquan tend to fit in well with this as part of the beginning of practice. The three dantians standing is already very similar to some of the 8. The energetic 5 elements from this system makes complete sense and his really opened up my eyes to how to do xingyi. Kenny Gong's 5 Exercises are on a different band or something - it's still a radio but on a completely different channel if you will. Causes interference in my energy if I try to integrate it into the same practice session. I can't even think of doing silk reeling like the Chen taiji I used to do. I found the bagua silk reeling I was taught to be a lot more systematic and plain spoken in instruction.
Practice Makes Progress
greytowhite
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:01 am

With the martial arts its always hard for me to tell what is the result of an egregore built up around the sets and how much of it is purely the result of different mechanics.

As you have noticed differences exist and for those with the proper sensitivity they are not subtle. The radio, but different channel is a great way to explain it. One of my teachers previously used the term frequency to describe the various energies until he got too many complaints from engineers in the class. ;)
Peacedog
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic