How about drinks

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: How about drinks

Postby wiesiek on Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:36 am

Absinthe is /was from impressionists times/ wormwood`s alcohol/ether extract.
Kicks very hard if is not fake.
I know it from old days. Today I don`t even drinks beer.
Green tea rulez. -rock- ,
Coffee go to enema, exclusively,
and
I even don`t smoke recently... -joint- -woot-
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby everything on Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:06 am

you've cleaned up your act too much, wiesiek!
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:12 am

:)
don`t to worry , everything
here
is just instantaneous
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Bao on Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:31 am

wiesiek wrote:Absinthe is /was from impressionists times/ wormwood`s alcohol/ether extract.
Kicks very hard if is not fake.-

Yeah, it became known to screw with the brain, famous for making artists crazy, thus many countries prohibited it. the US and most of European countries did it, but it never became illegal here in Sweden (though it could be hard to find). Actually Absinthe is not more dangerous than other alcoholic drinks, but those painters and other Absinthe drinkers took drugs and substances and Syphilis was common amongst painters. And of course thinners used for oil painting also had an impact on many painters. But all of this was blamed on "The Green Demon" which became prohibited in many countries from the WWI and onwards.

I myself do have a bottle of Absinthe. It's a sweet and a little bit spicy strong liquor with a taste similar to star anise. Not my very favourite but pretty good.
Last edited by Bao on Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby everything on Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:58 pm

never really heard of its effects or tried it. I tried mushrooms once and had a strong sense of euphoria, and visually, everyone had a sort of sharper outline around them, as if they had been drawn like a cartoon, with a dark ink outline. that just added to it. didn't seem to have a bad after effect. no idea about long term risks.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Trick on Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:57 pm

Stay away from absinthe, if not you’ll might do a Van Gogh or become Mr.Crowley weird. Here’s a warning from the Wiki -
Absinthe makes you crazy and criminal, provokes epilepsy and tuberculosis, and has killed thousands of French people. It makes a ferocious beast of man, a martyr of woman, and a degenerate of the infant, it disorganizes and ruins the family and menaces the future of the country.
Trick

Postby wiesiek on Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:32 am

Most kicking part of the absinthe - ether.
just try it alone breathing thru wet rag :D
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby klonk on Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:50 pm

I endorse wassail (note the datestamp). Fine old beverage, that.

And happy birthday to the king who was crowned with thorns.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby front on Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:41 pm

Fortunately I'm not drinking as I used to in my 30s. But I enjoy good malts. Mostly Japanese and Taiwanese, Kavalan being one of my favorite for the last few years. But what I like best is homemade traditional Bulgarian spirit called rakia, that resembles schnapps or many other Balkan type drinks with similar name. Too bad I'm drinking so little that I can hardly say I drink at all. This Christmas I was drinking mostly wine and some Metaxa. Basically I would drink anything good.
front
Santi

Postby Ron Panunto on Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:07 pm

Trick wrote:
Absinthe makes you crazy and criminal, provokes epilepsy and tuberculosis, and has killed thousands of French people. It makes a ferocious beast of man, a martyr of woman, and a degenerate of the infant, it disorganizes and ruins the family and menaces the future of the country.

I thought that was pot?
Ron Panunto
Wuji

Postby Trick on Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:39 am

I wouldn’t know any pot, never used it never tried it. The only “drugs” I “do” are caffeine and alcohol, I use to do nicotine in the format of Snus(supposedly called snuff in Engli
Trick

Postby Ron Panunto on Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:51 am

My doctor just told me that if you must do recreational drugs then smoke pot, but by all means avoid alcohol.
Ron Panunto
Wuji

Postby Trick on Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:59 pm

When it comes to a “must” do it drug, it’s most certainly gone to far…… Ah, soon time for my must afternoon caffeine intake, I’ll have ha cake too, a must for my sweet tooth
Trick

Postby Bao on Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:41 am

Trick wrote:I wouldn’t know any pot, never used it never tried it. The only “drugs” I “do” are caffeine and alcohol, I use to do nicotine in the format of Snus(supposedly called snuff in Engli

Snuff is the tobacco you sniff, or put up your nose. Used to do that actually when I was a teen. Snus is the same in English, Tobacco you put under the upper lip. Tried it once or twice. Pretty disgusting.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:18 am

Bao wrote:
Trick wrote:I wouldn’t know any pot, never used it never tried it. The only “drugs” I “do” are caffeine and alcohol, I use to do nicotine in the format of Snus(supposedly called snuff in Engli

Snuff is the tobacco you sniff, or put up your nose. Used to do that actually when I was a teen. Snus is the same in English, Tobacco you put under the upper lip. Tried it once or twice. Pretty disgusting.

I went to the wiki to see how the ”under the lip” Snus is translated to English and there is the distinction of Dry Snuff and Wet snuff. Actually Swedish (snus)snusa of course mean sniffing, so snuff should be the correct translation, and the Dry snuff is then the original snuff.Yes I too have tried that - the sniffing snus, a grand dad of a friend had some so we “had” to try it, we must have been 5-6 years old, can’t remember how the effect on me it had, maybe that’s how strong it was :) . Don’t think that sniffing snus is available to buy anymore ?………Yes many that for the first time try the under the lip wet snus/snuff might feel nausea/slight dizziness, that will say if one is able to keep “prillan” in place for some 5-10 min, most probably spit it out after 5sek……………Should say that (wet)Snus is a common tobacco product in Sweden. It’s favored among athletes who has a nicotine craving but want to keep their lung capacity intact.
Trick

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic