Kyler Murray

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Kyler Murray

Postby everything on Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:50 pm

Even if you don't follow USAmerican sports (I do not), this article might be interesting

How Kyler Murray’s baseball and football skills amplify each other - SB Nation
https://apple.news/AqdTBJ_CgQHqgBLPlEoNytg
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: Kyler Murray

Postby jimmy on Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:20 am

Richard Johnson wrote:Murray simply understands how to use his body and how playing different sports can enhance his performance in each.
“I think the biggest carry-over is the ability to control your body,” Dilfer said. “I think with the benefit of playing lacrosse or baseball or playing golf and how it equates to honing your craft as a quarterback, is you’re understanding kinetic sequencing. Naturally, your body learns to match itself up instead of being segmented. People that struggle athletically are segmented. Their body moves at different timings, I guess is the way of saying it. Their bodies don’t flow together.”
jimmy
Wuji

Postby everything on Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:28 pm

Definitely the interesting part from the IMA discussion pov
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:59 am

Honestly the most useful aspect of the IMAs I've found over my mediocre martial arts career has been the body training work. For any number of reasons not worth getting into here, I've found the IMAs to be of little value martially. However, the jibengung I've learned, body conditioning and tendon training work is just pure gold. Massive crossover to any number of physical pursuits.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:19 pm

Hi Peacedog - just curious what sort of training you mean (e.g. from taiji?), if you don't mind mentioning.
edededed
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic