Inside China's war on Islam

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Inside China's war on Islam

Postby vagabond on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:53 am

currently listening to the vid you posted. tell us how you really feel
vagabond
Huajing

Postby Steve James on Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:47 am

:) Finish the video first. Offer your opinion, then ask again on behalf of "us." I posted it in BTDT, so you can repost it here and explain it's relevance.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby vagabond on Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:01 am

no thanks
vagabond
Huajing

Postby vadaga on Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:28 pm

I don't see this as necessarily an either-or proposal. The US could both clean itself up and point out the bad things that China's government is doing. '

Apologies if this has been posted before: third section touches specifically on Xinjiang

善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:16 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:02 am

The year was 2009. Every ten year anniversary of the PRC, there are attempt to destabilize the PRC, all backed by foreign powers. Xinjiang and Tibet(and students)are their favorite weapons against the PRC, peaceful and defenseless Muslims and Buddhist. I remember reading the news at Swedish television website, that evil Han-Chinese police officers throwing in beaten up(by the police)citizens in a big police cars to drive them away to god only knows....Of course for the regular Swede home in Sweden that was the truth...until the truth came around, that was that Police officers helping wounded citizens into ambulances taking them to hospitals.....
Trick

Postby Peacedog on Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:49 am

As I've said before, the PRC is going for the end game on the Uyghurs.

They can leave and move back to Turkey or they can be assimilated. Three hundred years from now the Uyghurs will only be remembered as a byline in the names of the different groups that make up the genetic heritage of the Han people.

Also keep in mind that the Islamics were the only group not completely suppressed by Mao when the PRC took over China. It was not due to a lack of desire. It was due to a lack of resources. Now that the PRC has both the desire and the resources, it is simply a matter of 1.3 billion Han versus 11 million Uyghurs. Uyghurs are going to lose this one.

The PRC is not bound by the notions of Western academics on human rights, globalism and pan-national utopian anything. They understand the role of societal unity and common mores. The Uyghurs are about to suffer the same fate historically as many troublesome minority groups worldwide have.

Assimilate, die or leave.
Last edited by Peacedog on Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:57 am

Peacedog wrote:The PRC is not bound by the notions of Western academics on human rights, globalism and pan-national utopian anything. They understand the role of societal unity and common mores. The Uyghurs are about to suffer the same fate historically as many troublesome minority groups worldwide have.
Assimilate, die or leave.

Does the PRC allow citizens to leave? I don't really think so. I think that if they are Uyghur and have family abroad, they are very closely scrutinized and often restricted from traveling. Certainly not once they have done anything "dissident", which now includes praying at home.

There were the Uyghurs repatriated from Thailand whom the PRC was not satisfied to have out of the country, and were on the way to Turkey but were forced back. There are probably some exceptions I never heard about. Some of the stories that broke the news for Westerners (the camps had existed for a long time before the NY Times reported on them) were from former Han living in Kazhakstan and returned to visit family and were put into the camps, then threatened that their family and extended family inside China would be interred if they spoke; eventually it's likely all will be interred and re-educated. Even milquetoast Peter Hessler was reporting on this in the early 2000's.

When I lived in Guangzhou, there was some kind of underground railway to move them out, from Xinjiang to Yunnan to Guangzhou, and there were fatal police raids in the city in 2014 at the height of the Uyghur terrorist attacks around the southern half of China, which included multiple attacks in Guangzhou. Most of these were suppressed in the news and some were only revealed in the PRC after the US propaganda Radio Free Asia reported on them. The propaganda response from the PRC was beyond parody, but the crackdowns were strict.

The technology available for surveillance and control is extreme. Just one example: if you want to buy a kitchen knife, it will be laser etched with your ID# and you cannot sell it, give it, or lose it.
Michael

Postby Peacedog on Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:06 pm

My guess is that what is being seen now is prologue.

The PRC will crank it up until it gets completely unbearable and then offer what I call the devil's bargain. "Yeah, you can leave, but you have to take your whole family with you, you may take nothing with you and you can never come back," ala the way the Soviets allowed jews to leave for Israel. In this case it would be for Turkey. The Turkish government might even get some cash out of the PRC in the deal as well.

Either way it solves the Uyghur problem in the eyes of the PRC.

If it reduces the Uyghur population to something like 6 million, or less, over time then you are talking Tibetan numbers without the difficult topography separating Xinjiang and China proper. Game over.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:29 pm

The technology available for surveillance and control is extreme. Just one example: if you want to buy a kitchen knife, it will be laser etched with your ID# and you cannot sell it, give it, or lose it.

Interesting.

A friend of mine accidently left a butter knife in her back pack in beijing which was found
going through the detectors/check point, in the subway...a while back...

They searched her bag, after she explained they recorded her name and ID number in a from and allowed her to pass
on to the subway..
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:08 pm

Peacedog wrote:Assimilate, die or leave.

Assimilation isn't really an option for them. They face extreme discrimination in the mainland and even if they were to give up their religion, language and culture they will still be seen as "others" in their own country.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby everything on Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:53 pm

WTF is wrong with these people (oppressors)
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Trick on Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:33 am

Michael wrote:beyond parody

Is that at the IKEA ?
Trick

Postby Trick on Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:53 am

windwalker wrote:

Interesting.

A friend of mine accidently left a butter knife in her back pack in beijing which was found
going through the detectors/check point, in the subway...a while back...

They searched her bag, after she explained they recorded her name and ID number in a from and allowed her to pass
on to the subway..

Two years ago I had an new unpacked Swiss Army knife in my luggage once when I was going for a train ride. Had to leave it behind, they took an copy of my passport. When I got back from my travel I went back and picked up my knife... 31 years ago I was taking the flight from Tokyo to Naha/Okinawa. They found an Swiss Army knife in my hand luggage when I passed through the security checkpoint. I had to fill in a form and they put the knife in a bag and said I will receive it when I’m at the Naha airport...I remember that back then they had pictures at the airports of suspected terrorists on the run...of course they have to check rigorously.....32 years ago I took the flight from Karachi to Copenhagen, when after stepping up the stairs to enter the plane, just outside the entrance/door stood two armed soldiers, they turned my hand luggage upside down emptying it on a table, found nothing dangerous but my nice umbrella I had bought in HongKong they kept. Apparently terrorists where around in Pakistan too.
Trick

Postby Trick on Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:56 am

Peacedog wrote:My guess is that what is being seen now is prologue.

The PRC will crank it up until it gets completely unbearable and then offer what I call the devil's bargain. "Yeah, you can leave, but you have to take your whole family with you, you may take nothing with you and you can never come back," ala the way the Soviets allowed jews to leave for Israel. In this case it would be for Turkey. The Turkish government might even get some cash out of the PRC in the deal as well.

Either way it solves the Uyghur problem in the eyes of the PRC.

If it reduces the Uyghur population to something like 6 million, or less, over time then you are talking Tibetan numbers without the difficult topography separating Xinjiang and China proper. Game over.

For sure the US will take them ?
Trick

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic