Kentucky Ayhusaka

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Kentucky Ayhusaka

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:41 am

Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Re: Kentucky Ayhusaka

Postby wiesiek on Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:06 am

address is not av alible in my region ):
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:29 am

Here's the text.

CAMPBELLSVILLE, Ky. —
A growing number of Americans are trying a hallucinogenic drug called ayahuasca, in a quest for spiritual enlightenment. The plant-based drug has been around for centuries and is traditionally found in the Amazon.

But inside a tiny building, in the middle of a mobile home park in Campbellsville, Kentucky, a church offers the ayahuasca ritual nearly every weekend for visitors from across the country.

"A lot of what happens, we really can't explain and put into words, there's really no verbiage that accurately describes a ceremony," said Steven Hupp, the self-proclaimed medicine man at Aya Quest.

Hupp was first introduced to ayahuasca while serving time in prison for serial robbery.

"Lifetimes of trauma, being able to deal with it from a different perspective and it's healing, not treatment," said Hupp.

Hupp makes the ayahuasca himself, using plants from Hawaii and South America. The drug is illegal in most of the U.S. But in certain states, including Kentucky, ayahuasca is allowed to be used as a sacrament by registered Native American churches.

The drug is usually consumed as a drink that looks like tea. And every user has a different way of describing its effects.

"When I took my first sip of ahahuasca, all of the questions were answered immediately," said Ron Lindsey, who traveled to Campbellsville from Atlanta.

"Mother ahahuasca, the source, took me down to a dark, suffocating place, seemed like I was 3000 feet below the earth," said Charlie W., from Chicago.

"It's like hearing someone describe their dream. It's all weird and it doesn't make any sense to anybody, and you don't really get anything out of it, but for the individual, it's incredible," said Bethany, from Houston.

One participant said he was an alcoholic until trying ayahuasca. Another said he's no longer addicted to heroin.

"I believe it takes away that want, that desire for it," said Ryan Boatwright, a former heroin addict from Frankfort.

Ayahuasca contains a psychedelic compound called N,N-dimethyltryptamine or DMT, which is classified as a Schedule 1 drug in the U.S., the most dangerous level. LSD, heroin and ecstasy are also on that list. And while users claim spiritual enlightenment, doctors say it can be deadly.

"The problems it could cause are dangerously high temperatures, dangerously high blood pressures, arrhythmias, seizures and death. That's really the bottom line," said Dr. George Bosse, medical director of Kentucky Regional Poison Center.

Consuming ayahuasca can also prompt immediate vomiting or diarrhea.

"I realize many patients may do fine, but on the other hand, I'm aware of all the organ system effects that could be quite problematic," said Bosse.

Despite the risks, a growing number of Americans continue to try ayahuasca, searching for that "a-ha moment."

"For me it was like putting on a pair of prescription glasses and suddenly being able to see, everything in the world looked different," said Bethany.

The "Ah ha" drug.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby David Boxen on Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:39 am

I think you'd be interested in Michael Pollan's recent book:

How to Change Your Mind
What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence

It was a good read.
We are not stuff that abides, but patterns that perpetuate themselves. - Norbert Wiener
David Boxen
Huajing

Postby meeks on Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:32 pm

I've heard of very positive growth occurring for people that have gone to South America to consume this medicine.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Peacedog on Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:28 pm

I've seen three people completely destroyed by it.

Total inability to concentrate amongst formerly very driven people and, in one case, severe memory problems.

And none of them get better.

Be careful with this.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:30 pm

I’ve read that ingesting that stuff makes one feel really shitty, extreamly bad stomach, nausea, throwing ups and so. It’s supposedly an process of a few days to go through before any kind of “ mind altering” stuff happen, and then you will see lizard peoples and othe weird creatures all around you………what’s the point of it ??
Trick

Postby grzegorz on Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:38 pm

Thanks for all the feedback.

I haven't tried it and I'm not advocating it. Well I am not advocating it without a proper conditions that's for sure. I have had experience with similar things and it was at a time in my life when I was exploring and trying to figure out what my life would be about. Everything went well for me but eventually people around me started having problems on the journey and I moved on because I got all I could get out of it. Also I think what happens to people has a lot to do with their motivation and where they are mentally. Obviously this stuff can be dangerous and some people have died as they point out on the show. This is not a trip to Disneyland!

Personally I have no interest in Ayhusaka for myself but I do find hearing other people's stories, as in the TV show, fascinating and a reminder of what people are really like when they take off the mask and take the truth serum which is Ayhusaka. I can't remember where I found the show. I think it was Trutv on the Sling app but it was on Sling.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:58 pm

Never had ahyusaka.
As I understand it, though should properly be just dmt plus adulterants.
Mushrooms are safer, better. I wouldn't advocate breaking the law but if you are some place they are legal and have a good shaman to walk you through the process they can be an extremely positive experience.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:19 pm

I have to correct myself.

It's on Viceland and season one is stored on Sling.

The Shaman was a former bank robber who met his teacher and mentor in prison who was here without papers from South America.

Due to Kentucky laws Ayhusaka is legal in the Native American Church as a sacrament.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:31 pm

Many more people will destroy themselves with alcohol or meth today than will succumb to ayahuasca this year. In both cases, however, the deciding factor will be the individual, not the drug. Everyone who destroys himself through drug use was alright before introduction to the drug. So, I would never recommend any drug to anyone, especially drugs that are mind-altering. Some drugs can be instantly addictive, and/or instantly fatal. "Once is an experiment; twice is a habit; three times is an addiction."

Otoh, people in many cultures have used these drugs for thousands of years. And, ime, it's way more common to see an Indian whose life is a mess because of drinking than one whose destroyed himself using mescalin, peyote, or ayahuasca. I think it's because they use it for a specific reason under the guidance of experienced users and society. For Westerners, there's this whole illicit thrill and lack of social acceptance.

I agree that using these drugs is inherently dangerous. I had friends who committed suicide under the influence of lsd. I think they were depressed beforehand, and should never have touched the stuff. Then again, they were the exceptions. Most of the people I knew who did those drugs got all they wanted from them and didn't go back, and have no real desire to redo the experience. Yet, none would say that the experience was bad or not worth it.

I would tell anyone; don't try heroin, crack, or meth even once. I never did because I had a friend who had come back from the service after having kicked a heroin addiction. He was a smart guy, and he died of an overdose. I.e., he knew enough to tell me never to start; but he wasn't able to stop from killing himself. I can't say the same for lsd, magic mushrooms, mescaline, peyote buttons, even marijuana. The reason I wouldn't do ayahuasca today is simply a lack of desire, but I think it's very healthy to be afraid and careful.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:40 am

:)
personally, I didn`t had pleasure with Aya-Lady -it how call "banisteria capi" my GF and her friends.
They used it during kind of "psychotherapy" ,or as we may call it - initiations directed by experienced shaman/scientist with phi/d, title, btw.

From chemical point of v. : it contains DMT wchih is also produced by our brains during our last experience on this plane - death, speakin` shortly.
It is quite experience, very different from the acid trip, and can be eye opener, but always like works with psychoactive substances needs to be taken with grain of salt, in my opinion.
My GF jumped in deeply, and became shaman by herself, what not necessary is very good for me...-bolt-
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby CheapBastid on Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:40 pm

Set and setting describes the context for psychoactive and particularly psychedelic drug experiences: one's mindset (shortened to "set") and the physical and social environment (the setting) in which the user has the experience.

Any journey can be dangerous if one is wounded, unprepared, and unaccompanied by the experienced who are wise and kind.
CheapBastid
Mingjing

Postby meeks on Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:42 pm

[super-power-activate]
This is the case with anything and is not exclusive to the use of plant medicines. I get the impression members on this board are quite inexperienced on the use of plant medicines, which is fine, but the fact remains spirit plant medicines are also very powerful healers and should not be pushed aside as simply abused by those with 'wreckless behavior'. If you really want to hold an opinion on it based on experience rather than media puppeteering, go to Peru, find a legitimate healing center, and spend a couple of months there dieting spirit plants and medicines. Then come back and (hopefully) share the life changing healing and new life perspective you've been presented with rather than simply writing it off as some type of 'acid trip'.

[/super-power-deactivate]
Last edited by meeks on Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby origami_itto on Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:30 pm

The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Next

Return to Off the Topic