Shanghai Tips/Suggestions?

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Shanghai Tips/Suggestions?

Postby grzegorz on Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:43 am

Yes, stay away from all offers of anything on Nanjing Lu. If you want anything be sure you are initiating the sale. If anyone approaches you for anything you are a target. I blended in with my mix race background but I saw heard of many long time foreigners living in China get ripped off but on the other hand it goes with the territory, you are seen as a rich foreigner on their land.

Also Qing Hai food (Muslim) is also very good and everywhere. Start with the beef noodles.
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:55 am

And there are the rando nutters... on Nanjing Lu.
Diversity is our strength. Wait, I mean ignorance is our strength. Err no, war is peace. Freedom is definitely slavery.
Michael
Great Old One

Postby CheapBastid on Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:14 am

you are seen as a rich foreigner on their land.

Anyone from the USA who can afford to go there on vacation is.
CheapBastid
Mingjing

Postby CheapBastid on Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:23 pm

The trip has solidified! Got a great deal on nonstop flights from/to LAX and a hotel for four nights for $1k!

Planning on being at People's Park most days, and I'll try to set up private sessions with Ramsey Dewey and see who else I might be able to meet with/play with.
Last edited by CheapBastid on Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CheapBastid
Mingjing

Postby vadaga on Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:57 pm

dont go to Nanjing Lu at all, there's nothing worth doing there... walking the bund ok but Nanjing Lu is a way overrated tourist trap
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby CheapBastid on Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:33 am

Am I reading this right, that I may not need a visa if I'm travelling to Shanghai for five days?

http://www.sh-immigration.gov.cn/listPa ... 40&id=4414

***Edited to add: Nevermind. Looks like it's only if Shanghai is a stop on a longer trip:

"..produce his / her own valid international travel document and onward air / vessel / train ticket to a third country (region) with confirmed date and seat to the carrier’s agent..."
Last edited by CheapBastid on Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CheapBastid
Mingjing

Previous

Return to Off the Topic