The China Affair

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

The China Affair

Postby KEND on Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:30 am

I. Martial artists are in general libertarian and distrustful of government, in the Cultural Revolution in China they were often targeted as dissidents. This unfortunately leads to a certain naivete in international politics. The President, who has been criticized for his cavalier approach to world politics, however in his bull in a china shop approach metaphorically turned over many stones and some ugly things crawled out. The ones of particular interest relate to China. Before relating this let me say I have long been an admirer of certain aspects of Chinese culture and this expose is to do with the government, not the culture or the people.
I recently watched hearings on Chinese espionage in the USA. It was a revelation. Apparently 58% of world cyber espionage is state sponsored by the PRC. There is an official plan which aims for world economic domination by 2025 by whatever means possible. One example of this is the Micron affair [see below]. Even Diane Feinstein who spearheaded many of the efforts to improve Chinese-US relations is dismayed at the turn this rapprochement has taken. I would refer you in particular to James Mulvenon’s testimony at the end of the tape where he goes into details of more than 200 ‘talent’ projects where US experts met in PRC and in effect gave up their research to their opposite numbers there. Another project ‘Confucius’ targeted universities, where high tech equipment was sent to PRC and intellectual property stolen, this project paid large sums to the universities short of funds. So, what has this to do with us. Part of the Chinese effort is to steal intellectual property, if you are in IT be very wary of strangers offering gifts, without being paranoid be careful in your business dealings.
Judiciary FBI Homeland Officials Testify Chinese Espionage ... - C-Span
https://www.c-span.org/video/?455665-1/ ... -espionage
December 12, 2018. Judiciary, FBI and Homeland Officials Testify on Chinese Espionage .... WE
Talk about Micron-aggression: US charges Chinese biz, staff over ...https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/11/0 ... cron_dram/
KEND
Great Old One

Re: The China Affair

Postby CheapBastid on Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:13 pm

能骗就骗
Néng piàn, jiù piàn
CheapBastid
Mingjing

Return to Off the Topic