Man Survives 5 Days in Snow on Taco Sauce Packets

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Man Survives 5 Days in Snow on Taco Sauce Packets

Postby grzegorz on Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:03 pm

Taco Bell to the rescue: Man survives 5 days in snow on taco sauce

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 048665002/
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Re: Man Survives 5 Days in Snow on Taco Sauce Packets

Postby everything on Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:00 pm

wow. who knew hoarding condiments could be so handy.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:27 pm

As i understand chilly peppers belong to warm food acording to TCM and should not be consumed if one is of an warm body type. but maybe in this guys situation that was what helped......interesting its called CHILLY peppers
Trick

Postby roger hao on Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:13 am

Of course - what everyone must be thinking - there was the dog.
roger hao

Postby origami_itto on Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:56 am

Trick wrote:As i understand chilly peppers belong to warm food acording to TCM and should not be consumed if one is of an warm body type. but maybe in this guys situation that was what helped......interesting its called CHILLY peppers

It's Chili or Chile. I'm not fully informed on the etymological differences, but it's basically a cross-language homonym.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Bill on Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:01 am

Hot sauce on a snow cone is a thing in Mexico.

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:10 am

They're only homonyms to English speakers. They're two different words, and pronounced differently too.

It is interesting that English uses a word for a hot pepper (chili) that sounds like a word that means "cold-like" (chilly). The difference is that we haven't made a verb meaning to heat from chili. We can chill a soup, but we don't say "chili it up" yet. Though, we all know what that would mean. I had chili ice cream once. :)
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:18 pm

I meant a multilingual homynym in the sense that chili comes from chile which comes from spanish/latin, and chilly comes from proto-germanic "kal" meaning cold. Both of them being imports into English.
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:13 pm

Chile doesn't have anything to do with chili, though. The word chili (chillee) is Mexican (Nauhuatl). Chile (cheelay) is a country name from a completely different language, and in none of them does it refer to a hot pepper. The confusion started because the Spaniards spelled the name for the county and the name of the pepper the same. Where you're right is that in different areas and countries the words are still spelled the same. I mean, in some places "chile" is how people spell the pepper and the nation. Originally, the Spaniards called the people fro that region the "chili" men. And, it doesn't help that the shape of the country resembles the shape of the pepper. :)

It's a homophone for many, fer sure. [Edit] But, in Chile, chili is "aji." In Brazil, it's "pimentao."
Last edited by Steve James on Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:08 pm

Christ Almighty you people will find anything to argue about.
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby meeks on Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:13 pm

oragami_itto wrote:Christ Almighty you people will find anything to argue about.

now that you've figured this out, it's time to give you the key to the city and teach you our secret handshake. Welcome, brother...
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Steve James on Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:07 pm

meeks wrote:
oragami_itto wrote:Christ Almighty you people will find anything to argue about.

now that you've figured this out, it's time to give you the key to the city and teach you our secret handshake. Welcome, brother...

:)
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:40 pm

i was mistaken and wrote "chilly" when its as Steve say writen "chili" and originates from the Aztecs. anyway chilly fitted somewhat to the topic story..Before i actually though the chili peppers originated in east asia(china) since its so widely used here and china is the biggest producer, but it turn out it was the portugues who brought it to east asia......however atleast ketchup according to the wiki originated in china/east asia :)
Trick

Postby grzegorz on Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:22 am

I think 5 days without eating is one thing but 5 days without water?

Can chili sauce prevent dehydration?

How long can you go without water?

I have gone a few days without eating and can probably do 5 but I usually drink almost a gallon of water a day.
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:30 am

Trick wrote:i was mistaken and wrote "chilly" when its as Steve say writen "chili" and originates from the Aztecs. anyway chilly fitted somewhat to the topic story..Before i actually though the chili peppers originated in east asia(china) since its so widely used here and china is the biggest producer, but it turn out it was the portugues who brought it to east asia......however atleast ketchup according to the wiki originated in china/east asia :)

It is interesting to think about, isn't it?

What was Szu Chuan and Hunan food like before chilis came to China?

Or Italian food before tomatoes came from the new world?

And what's up with the Brazil nut? I love almost all of the major nuts but the Brazil nut? Wtf?
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Next

Return to Off the Topic