Man Survives 5 Days in Snow on Taco Sauce Packets

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Man Survives 5 Days in Snow on Taco Sauce Packets

Postby Trick on Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:53 am

brazil nuts being very high in vitamin E and zink, and extremly high in Selenium. all very good for boosting the.......Qi. although i dont see many of those nuts here in china, but peanuts and sunflowerseeds are plenty and are also good...Qi strenghteners :)
Trick

Postby origami_itto on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:20 am

Steve James wrote:Chile doesn't have anything to do with chili, though. The word chili (chillee) is Mexican (Nauhuatl). Chile (cheelay) is a country name from a completely different language, and in none of them does it refer to a hot pepper. The confusion started because the Spaniards spelled the name for the county and the name of the pepper the same. Where you're right is that in different areas and countries the words are still spelled the same. I mean, in some places "chile" is how people spell the pepper and the nation. Originally, the Spaniards called the people fro that region the "chili" men. And, it doesn't help that the shape of the country resembles the shape of the pepper. :)

It's a homophone for many, fer sure. [Edit] But, in Chile, chili is "aji." In Brazil, it's "pimentao."

If you show a Mexican a certain pepper and ask them what it is, they will say it is a chile (chee-lay), (as opposed to a jalapeno, habenero, etc) which made its way into English as chili(chill-ee)/chili pepper. A dish made with meat and roasted peppers was invented in Texas and called chili on account of some of the peppers used were often chile. You are correct that the country Chile is completely different and has nothing to do with it. Sorry if the caps confused you.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:43 am

It's just trivia. Everybody thinks that chilies come from Chile. I didn't mean to argue.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby I-mon on Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:27 pm

SAY IT PROPERLY DAMMIT!!!!
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:53 pm

Dude was cutting it close.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic