US Soldiers Tortured Detainees for Chinese Interrogators

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

US Soldiers Tortured Detainees for Chinese Interrogators

Postby Wuyizidi on Wed May 21, 2008 7:51 am

勤学,苦练, 慎思, 明辨。
心与境寂,道随悟深。

http://internalmartialart.wordpress.com/
Wuyizidi
Great Old One

Re: US Soldiers Tortured Detainees for Chinese Interrogators

Postby Michael on Wed May 21, 2008 8:20 am

Quotes from the article:

a Uighur translator told him Uighur detainees were kept awake for long periods, deprived of food and forced to endure cold for hours on end, just prior to questioning by Chinese interrogators.

This has been done to most inside Guantanamo, if not all. Even the Army's own fake prisoner put inside as an undercover agent to dispute allegations of torture was beaten so severely that he had to be evacuated and later discharged because of his injuries.

An official authorized to speak on behalf of the Defense Department but who declined to be named

The double speak can be so confusing that even those who are programmed to do it don't want to give their names. This is eerily reminiscent of all those news reports we get from inside China where the person declines to give their name even when they're the official spokesperson.

The detainee also allegedly said he was "exposed to low room temperatures for long periods of time and was deprived of at least one meal."

Dousing and submersion are common allegations of abuse in US prisons. As far as the meal problem, the biggest complaint in Guantanamo about food has been that forced feeding has become a form of torture for POW's who refuse to eat.

I still find it hard to believe that people who are familiar with torture, even just from simple pictures and descriptions, could think the "war on terror" justifies any of this. I think most of it is pure malice, and the little bit that is done for intel purposes is unreliable, and in any case illegal and totally unjustifiable.
Last edited by Michael on Sun May 20, 2018 7:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Michael

Postby jafc on Wed May 21, 2008 11:40 am

"he was awakened at 15-minute intervals the entire night and into the next day." The detainee also allegedly said he was "exposed to low room temperatures for long periods of time and was deprived of at least one meal."

sounds like my residency program :-\
JC
jafc
Mingjing

Postby meeks on Wed May 21, 2008 12:51 pm

sounds like my life after recently becoming a father...
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Return to Off the Topic