Vaccinations

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Vaccinations

Postby roger hao on Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:18 am

OK then -
Quite an emotional group of replies on the issue of undocumented
people in the country possibly being un-vaccinated. So where is the measles
coming from? Lack of vaccination?

Can I get the same level of concern about tainted vaccines?
There is definitely something going on. Are we accepting that vaccination
is good therefor a vaccine is also good without question?
I have witnessed the effect like flip the switch - the lights come on -
flip it again the lights go out in multiple instances. Again - direct experience
not a google search for statistics.
roger hao

Postby windwalker on Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:51 am

roger hao wrote:OK then -
Quite an emotional group of replies on the issue of undocumented
people in the country possibly being un-vaccinated. So where is the measles
coming from? Lack of vaccination?

Can I get the same level of concern about tainted vaccines?
There is definitely something going on. Are we accepting that vaccination
is good therefor a vaccine is also good without question?
I have witnessed the effect like flip the switch - the lights come on -
flip it again the lights go out in multiple instances. Again - direct experience
not a google search for statistics.

Having given vaccines to large numbers of people.

We always insured that the vaccines had been kept in the proscribed conditions
for live vaccines, and used before their expiration dates. We also montoried the effects
as with the case of the swine flue vaccinations.

There are many agencies monitoring vaccines, the vaccines themselves
go through a process that hopefully screens out most if not all possible side effects.
As with anything nothing is 100%

Afghan health officials say militants are interfering in their effort to protect children in western Afghanistan against polio virus.

Abdul Jabar Shayeq is head of the health department in Farah province. He told VOA that the Taliban is blocking efforts to provide polio vaccine in some unsafe areas. He said the group wants the power to decide who vaccinates the children.

Shayeq told VOA, “Armed Taliban do not accept our standards, and push for their conditions, in an effort to control the vaccination process. They do not allow the vaccination campaign to be implemented independently.”

https://www.vaccineconfidence.org/afgha ... n-efforts/

As in the movie clip this type of thinking is used by other groups in todays time for the same reasons .

I like "peacedog" have lived in countries that still have diseases that are for the most part non existent in developed countries.

In Thailand they have leprosy. Lived there, its a very bad disease to have to deal with.
The prevalence rate of leprosy in Thailand was approximately 5 per 1,000 in 1953. Specialized leprosy control programme was first launched in 1956 in Khon-Kaen Province and gradually expanded to cover the whole country in 1972. After successful control, it has been partially integrated in provincial health services in 1971 and fully integrated into primary health care system in 1976.

Effective case finding in combination with chemotherapy using WHO multidrug therapy regimen and health education have brought about a decline in the prevalence of the disease to only 0.537 per 1,000 in 1987. However, the estimated prevalence rate by random survey is approximately twice the number of registered cases.

Reduction in number of lepromatous leprosy patients, particularly the new cases, decrease in number of patients with deformities caused by leprosy and increased number of patients who voluntarily came to attend at the treatment centres imply the successful control at a certain level. It is then justified to aim at the goal of eradication of leprosy by combination of chemotherapy, immunotherapy and immunoprophylaxis with antileprosy vaccines in the future.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3217829

Leprosy Vaccine

An effective leprosy vaccine will save children like Marc Jun from a lifetime of suffering with this dreaded disease.

American Leprosy Missions is committed to bringing an END to leprosy by developing a leprosy vaccine that will stop this terrible disease before it even starts.

https://www.leprosy.org/leprosy-vaccine ... gsQAvD_BwE

Hopefully if not already a vaccine is developed that kills the organism that causes the disease
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:00 am

Which tainted vaccine do you have direct experience with? Were you vaccinated? Even un-tainted vaccines can have negative side-effects on some people. But, that's not the point, imv.

I don't care if someone has a reason for not being vaccinated. I don't always get my flu shots, though I do get others. I also know people who refuse any vaccines based on religious rules that they've made up. People are going to do what they want.

There's outrage because this isn't about adult diseases. It's about childhood diseases that are preventable. The outrage is that people really don't care what happens to other people. There are now measles epidemics in places the disease was eradicated, and it's only because of the internet. This could happen with other diseases, including polio.

So, yeah, everything should be done to ensure that all vaccines are safe. Yes, one can snopes or google about the connection between autism and vaccines. Unfortunately, all that may do is reinforce the previous conviction even more. But, it's precisely because of that I think the government has the right to put restrictions on un-vaccinated children. Enforcement is almost impossible without public cooperation, and it's easy to convince people to be un-cooperative.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:37 pm

people even vaccinate against common vinter colds ?? - have a warm cup of tea with some honey, and a bowl of chicken soup instead.
Trick

Postby edededed on Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:15 pm

I think that the common cold has too many variants (viruses), too little risk, and too short effectiveness period (same reason we get colds every year) for anyone to try to develop/market one.
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:24 pm

people even vaccinate against common vinter colds ?? -

There's no vaccine for the common cold. There's a new vaccine every year for the flu, pneumonia, and tuberculosis. Flu epidemics have become pandemics that caused millions of deaths. Usually, it's only dangerous for infants, the elderly and people with compromised immune systems.

The common cold is a just a nuisance. However, a few thousand people will die from the flu after originally thinking it was a cold. So, susceptible people are being prudent when they get vaccinated.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic