movie martial arts

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

movie martial arts

Postby everything on Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:37 am

what do you like to watch even if it's unrealistic? (for example I like Jackie Chan with all his wall climbing, and hilarity)

what do you think looks actually useful, even if unrealistic in technical ability required?
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: movie martial arts

Postby GrahamB on Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:45 am

Related: The first episode of Hanna has one of the very few realistic chokes ever depicted in a TV show or movie. The protagonist gains rear mount, sinks in a rear naked choke. The guy struggles, goes to sleep, then wakes up a few seconds after she lets go and is not forever dead as we're so used to seeing. Plus one for reality.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby everything on Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:51 am

love Hanna, which made me think of this question. plenty of outrageous, unrealistic, but hugely entertaining action scenes in it too.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Trick on Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:39 am

lately ive re watched a couple of classic HK "gun-fu" flicks, and i still love them. quite a special feeling to them, everything from the soundtracks to the stylished voilence 8-) ...but the "a better tomorrow" remake was quite bad, lacked all the charm of the original. i feel HK/chinese martial arts movies have been keeping up through the years a good on screen fighting standard. while i cant stand when "western" movies tap in to martial arts fighting. except for the two first bourn movies
Trick

Return to Off the Topic