how about this ?

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

how about this ?

Postby Trick on Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:16 pm

did the chinese except for spagetti and ravioli also import taoism from the italians 8-) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notitia_D ... Depictions
Trick
Wuji
 
Posts: 2380
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:30 am

Re: how about this ?

Postby edededed on Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:01 am

Wow! Must have been designed by the Italian proto-Daoist, Gian san Fiona.

No wonder Little Italy was right next to Chinatown in NYC...

Nowadays, China and Italy should do a special yin-yang pizza together!
User avatar
edededed
Great Old One
 
Posts: 3911
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 12:21 am

Re: how about this ?

Postby Trick on Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:31 am

pizza is still kids stuff here in china. give it a century or so it will have become an local dish(with claim to be the country of origin) 8-) they do sell a half/half(seafood/meat) pizza at the pizzahut i visited last week, so the taiji pizza is on the way ...
Trick
Wuji
 
Posts: 2380
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:30 am

Re: how about this ?

Postby GrahamB on Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:21 am

"The Yin Yang Symbol is called Tai Chi Diagram in China. This is because the Tai Chi philosophy is widely spread by I-Ching and Taoism. Who Drew the first Ying Yang Symbol? We often heard the credit goes to Fu-Xi, the investor of I-Ching, or Laozi, the founder of Taoism. Actually, there is no answer for who drew the first Tai Chi diagram. The earliest evidence of Tai Chi diagram can be seen in the Chinese museum. The Ying Yang Symbols display on the unearthed potteries, which were made around 2600 B.C."

Image

https://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/YinYang.htm
User avatar
GrahamB
Great Old One
 
Posts: 11848
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 3:30 pm

Re: how about this ?

Postby Steve James on Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:02 am

The diagram is a representation of a particular (non-Cartesian) way of looking at the world/universe. But, how do they know that the potteries c. 2600 BCE were used to represent the yin yang principle? Could it have been part of a oral, pre-literary culture that used it to represent a principle, or just a popular design?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 18157
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am

Re: how about this ?

Postby Peacedog on Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:09 am

Anyone interested in early human development really needs to read Star.Ships by Gordon.

Human history is far older than most realize. Unfortunately archaeology and early human history research is completely corrupted by cultural Marxists and the materialist hangers on.

Much of this kind of thing is easily understood when the background for these materials is clearly laid out.

Gordon’s book is heavily researched and as a Chaos magician he gets the other side of things as well.
Last edited by Peacedog on Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One
 
Posts: 1614
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 5:22 am
Location: Standing right next to your girl....

Re: how about this ?

Postby oragami_itto on Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:27 am

What is a cultural Marxist?
"My own knowledge is shallow and I await corrections from the intelligent."
-Hermit of Jade Well
User avatar
oragami_itto
Wuji
 
Posts: 1800
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:11 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: how about this ?

Postby Trick on Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:06 am

GrahamB wrote:"The Yin Yang Symbol is called Tai Chi Diagram in China. This is because the Tai Chi philosophy is widely spread by I-Ching and Taoism. Who Drew the first Ying Yang Symbol? We often heard the credit goes to Fu-Xi, the investor of I-Ching, or Laozi, the founder of Taoism. Actually, there is no answer for who drew the first Tai Chi diagram. The earliest evidence of Tai Chi diagram can be seen in the Chinese museum. The Ying Yang Symbols display on the unearthed potteries, which were made around 2600 B.C."

Image

https://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/YinYang.htm

patterns in nature, the golden spiral ; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_spiral the golden ratio has been known and experimented with for thousands of years in middle east, greece. maybe that is also a part of the yin yang symbol. the golden ratio of which a pentagon/gram also consist - the five elements? ......yin &yang theory can probably be found in all ancient cutures which had sun/moon god &godess deities, of which the earliest recorded might be the sumerian culture
Trick
Wuji
 
Posts: 2380
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:30 am

Re: how about this ?

Postby Bill on Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:27 am

I'm not surprised. After all, everyone knows it was the Italians who introduced pasta noodles to China.
It hurts when I Pi
User avatar
Bill
Great Old One
 
Posts: 5145
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 7:00 am

Re: how about this ?

Postby Trick on Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:29 am

Peacedog wrote:Anyone interested in early human development really needs to read Star.Ships by Gordon.

Human history is far older than most realize. Unfortunately archaeology and early human history research is completely corrupted by cultural Marxists and the materialist hangers on.

Much of this kind of thing is easily understood when the background for these materials is clearly laid out.

Gordon’s book is heavily researched and as a Chaos magician he gets the other side of things as well.

hmm. i know of a "star ships" book written by an russian, during the marxist era(sovjet) 8-) anyway im interested in these kind of "alternative theories" books, if you could give more specific info on this gordon's star ships book ?
Trick
Wuji
 
Posts: 2380
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:30 am

Re: how about this ?

Postby Trick on Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:44 am

Bill wrote:I'm not surprised. After all, everyone knows it was the Italians who introduced pasta noodles to China.

yes and ever since that the chinese have had a love for everything italian. pasta, fashion and sporty cars that are not drivable in the chinese traffic 8-)
Trick
Wuji
 
Posts: 2380
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:30 am

Re: how about this ?

Postby Steve James on Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:58 am

oragami_itto wrote:What is a cultural Marxist?


Good question. Fwiw, I think there can be a Marxist analysis of culture based on (political and economic) class struggle. However, people generally use "marxist" to mean something evil and communism. Anyway, to learn about Marxist thought concerning culture and art, read Trotsky (Art and Politics and Culture and Socialism).

It could apply to China, as in Graham's podcasts. The "marxist" approach to art basically elevates the worker. In the US, during the '30s, the interiors of public buildings were plastered/painted with images of workers.
Image
https://tpwd.texas.gov/spdest/findadest ... 00x398.jpg

It was similar in the USSR.
Image
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-t882_ZKU-OQ/ ... ator01.jpg

Mao did it.
Image
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/4e/83/f7/4e83 ... osters.jpg

The Nazis did it, too.
Image
https://c8.alamy.com/comp/E246BM/1930s- ... E246BM.jpg

Of course, some would argue that they're just images promoted by the upper classes to convince the working class that they are doing the right thing, and don't revolt. And, this type of art is easily transformed into war propaganda.

Image
http://pdxretro.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... iveter.png
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 18157
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am

Re: how about this ?

Postby oragami_itto on Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:51 am

Steve James wrote:
oragami_itto wrote:What is a cultural Marxist?


Good question. Fwiw, I think there can be a Marxist analysis of culture based on (political and economic) class struggle. However, people generally use "marxist" to mean something evil and communism. Anyway, to learn about Marxist thought concerning culture and art, read Trotsky (Art and Politics and Culture and Socialism).

It could apply to China, as in Graham's podcasts. The "marxist" approach to art basically elevates the worker. In the US, during the '30s, the interiors of public buildings were plastered/painted with images of workers.
Image
https://tpwd.texas.gov/spdest/findadest ... 00x398.jpg

It was similar in the USSR.
Image
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-t882_ZKU-OQ/ ... ator01.jpg

Mao did it.
Image
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/4e/83/f7/4e83 ... osters.jpg

The Nazis did it, too.
Image
https://c8.alamy.com/comp/E246BM/1930s- ... E246BM.jpg

Of course, some would argue that they're just images promoted by the upper classes to convince the working class that they are doing the right thing, and don't revolt. And, this type of art is easily transformed into war propaganda.

Image
http://pdxretro.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... iveter.png

Is that what you mean by cultural Marxists, peacedog?
"My own knowledge is shallow and I await corrections from the intelligent."
-Hermit of Jade Well
User avatar
oragami_itto
Wuji
 
Posts: 1800
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:11 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: how about this ?

Postby Michael on Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:42 am

In Communist China, Marco Polo Bridge builds you!

Marco Polo is back in China – again

The top theme of discussion will be the New Silk Road, or the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).


Apparently Italia has two prime ministers and Salvini boycotted the signing of the memorandum with Xi Jinping by the other PM.

Italy Snubs Allies, Joins China's Belt and Road | Xi Jinping's Plan for Politics, Trade and Economy

Diversity is our strength. Wait, I mean ignorance is our strength. Err no, war is peace. Freedom is definitely slavery.
Michael
Great Old One
 
Posts: 12226
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 7:05 pm
Location: 自由 国家

Re: how about this ?

Postby Peacedog on Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:48 pm

Steve,

Basically yes. To get more technical, they are all the result of the Frankfurt School. In this context, modern archaeology is based upon two fundamentally incorrect premises and one philosophical belief:

1. Societal development over time is linear from simpler to more complex. It is very clear at this point that many cultures have existed over time reaching a Roman level of development. They are just all several hundred feet under water.
2. The development of agriculture is necessary for a civilization to form. Everything prior to agriculture is essentially tribal and hunter gatherer level development without this. When in fact you only need a reliable food source.
3. They are strict materialists. This is how you get interpretations of the pyramids as being used as burial monuments. When in reality they were designed as magical-meditative constructs for ritual magic based upon planetary and celestial systems.

What "Star.Ships" by Gordan, horrible title but great book, covers is human pre-history from about 75,000 BC to present.

You can get the Kindle in the US and the hardcopy out of the UK.

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Ships-Prehi ... 0993120091

My particular annoyance with modern archaeology is both meditative and practical. The book details all of this in exhaustive detail and is a great read in how a small collection of academic hacks can completely derail our understanding of history.
Last edited by Peacedog on Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One
 
Posts: 1614
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 5:22 am
Location: Standing right next to your girl....

Next

Return to Off the Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest