"pro life" politicians seek death penalties for women

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: "pro life" politicians seek death penalties for women

Postby grzegorz on Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:20 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby klonk on Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:01 pm

A number of people think abortion is morally wrong but socially good. It cannot be both. I am a Christian, but either a Confucian or a Daoist will say that the ordering of things is consistent all through.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:11 pm

Steve James wrote:
You sound like a deranged, extremist sovereign citizen fixated on their own person, while dreaming up irrelevant and impossible scenarios to excuse them from being subject to imposition of the group they live with, also known as the rule of law.

:) The rule of law (i.,e. white men) once decided it was okay for someone to own me (er, my great grandparents).
It also seems that you cite the NYS law, and say that you disagree. I suppose you'd prefer the old NYS law, though.

the "white men" seem to come up in more and more places in the media. are there any more specific way to recognise them, for example - blond, blue eyed, scandinavian ???
Trick

Postby grzegorz on Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:13 pm

klonk wrote:A number of people think abortion is morally wrong but socially good. It cannot be both. I am a Christian, but either a Confucian or a Daoist will say that the ordering of things is consistent all through.

You know what's funny about that?

There is nothing in the old testament or the new testament about abortion.

Here is what we practice at my church. Matthew 25:35.

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby klonk on Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:25 pm

Trick wrote:the "white men" seem to come up in more and more places in the media. are there any more specific way to recognise them, for example - blond, blue eyed, scandinavian ???

It would pass muster as hate speech if directed at anyone else. But I am included too, dark hair (until it started greying), blue eyes, and so Anglo-Celt in appearance that real Englishmen are surprised that I speak with a Yankee accent.

The leftists are searching for an enemy. Following their lead, I am seeking slave reparations from the Italians. The Roman empire oppressed us.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:28 pm

Come to think of it, the Vikings oppressed us too. Pay up, Trick.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:44 pm

grzegorz wrote:
klonk wrote:A number of people think abortion is morally wrong but socially good. It cannot be both. I am a Christian, but either a Confucian or a Daoist will say that the ordering of things is consistent all through.

You know what's funny about that?

There is nothing in the old testament or the new testament about abortion.

Here is what we practice at my church. Matthew 25:35.

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,

See, that Matthew quote is what I think about babies in the womb, knocking at the door to be born. Sure, he or she may get a rough ride in life, but very few of us do not.

I have already outlined to Steve that the church and the state already have the crash cables rolled out for unexpected landings of the stork. Food, health care, I even know a charity that puts single mothers through college.
Last edited by klonk on Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:22 pm

Fair enough Klonk. This is the Catholic view too being anti-war, being anti-abortion, being anti-death penalty, and being pro human and therefore immigrant (both documented and undocumented) are all the same.

Yet for me, it seems that conservatives have taken on only one of those issues. (Good for you in your practice of charity.) For me though I don't feel the need to make my religion the law of the land since I know a lot of people don't agree with me or my beliefs and I would be last to ever convert or attempt to convert anyone or try to tell a women what to do when I know nothing about her situation. (I feel the same for the death penalty which I don't believe in but I don't think my religious view should be the law since each situation is unique and perhaps in some situations it is justice even though I see a life spent in prison as a most severe punishment since they die as well as pay.)

Personally I want nothing to do with abortion but I don't see how sending more Americans prison solves anything since we already have the largest prison population on the planet and it is essentially just another business like healthcare and the pharmaceutical industry.

I do however believe in expressing my opinion which I do and I respect your right to express yours. Thanks for that.

Good times!
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Trick on Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:34 pm

klonk wrote:Come to think of it, the Vikings oppressed us too. Pay up, Trick.

im lucky here, both on my mother and fathers side im not an decendant of vikings but Waloon and Finnish/Estonian. probably raided by the vikings too 8-) interesting about slavery is that north-africans where as far up as to Iceland to "fetch" slaves.
Trick

Postby klonk on Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:05 am

[For Grzegorz]

I attempt to convert others to my views. I do not think you are telling all when you say you do not. It seems to me that for years (if not eons) you have been bashing and ridiculing views other than your own, sometimes with humor that would make even a statue laugh. I know you have made fun of me: but that is fair, there is a lot about me to make fun of.

Would it surprise you to learn that most Christians say the same thing on Sunday?

I believe in one God the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible...

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Nicene-Creed

A baby is invisible at first but that changes.
Last edited by klonk on Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:40 am

Trick wrote:
klonk wrote:Come to think of it, the Vikings oppressed us too. Pay up, Trick.

im lucky here, both on my mother and fathers side im not an decendant of vikings but Waloon and Finnish/Estonian. probably raided by the vikings too 8-) interesting about slavery is that north-africans where as far up as to Iceland to "fetch" slaves.

My family, pre-Independence settlers in America, never owned slaves. I have no burden of white guilt.
Last edited by klonk on Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:41 am

Of course but I don't believe "my" religion should be "your" law. Render unto Cesar what is Cesar's...

We can agree to disagree.

In El Salvador they do put women who had an abortion or miscarried and were accused of abortion in prisons and needless to say many mothers are imprisoned, the children are without any parents and the whole country is a mess. No thanks.

It is worth noting that in the US women are forgiven for abortion in confession. Perhaps forgiveness is what we should be discussing.

I don't think much more Christian than that.

He who is without sin shall cast the first stone.
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:48 am, edited 6 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby klonk on Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:05 am

grzegorz wrote:Of course but I don't believe "my" religion should be "your" law. Render unto Cesar what is Cesar's...

We can agree to disagree.

In El Salvador they do put women who had an abortion or miscarried and were accused of abortion in prisons and needless to say many mothers are imprisoned, the children are without any parents and the whole country is a mess. No thanks.

It is worth noting that in the US women are forgiven for abortion in confession. Perhaps forgiveness is what we should be discussing.

I don't think much more Christian than that.

He who is without sin shall cast the first stone.

Well said! But I would draw your attention to one aspect of God's forgiveness: A wrong was done.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:07 am

I appreciate the honest conversation and hearing your views.

Thanks Klonk.

Here is what's happening in El Salvador for anyone interested which I mentioned earlier. If a women miscarries goes immediately has a trial with the possibility for spending 30 years behind bars if she is found guilty of abortion even in cases of rape or incest.

By the BBC which has more spoken English.

Watch "World's Worst Place To Have An Abortion - BBC Stories" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/lNWM3jP214I

Watch "Abortion ban in El Salvador has women fearful of miscarriage" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/dythWTAW4rU

Needless to say El Salvador is a horrible place to be a women.
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:32 am, edited 7 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:54 am

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:
not to mention the father of the baby.

Men's rights!

If you were a man, you'd understand.
Michael

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic