Bernie Converts FOX News Viewers

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Bernie Converts FOX News Viewers

Postby grzegorz on Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:45 pm

Watch "Town Hall with Bernie Sanders | Part 1" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/p4ozAACcc8I

Watch "Town Hall with Bernie Sanders | Part 2" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/hSnxuzDm7C0
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Re: Bernie Converts FOX News Viewers

Postby Steve James on Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:55 pm

Um, our fearless leader criticized FOX and the "audience" for applauding "Crazy Bernie." Just sayin'.
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/09 ... 686445.jpg
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:25 pm

Like a spoiled 5-year-old. Fucking child-king
Last edited by Dmitri on Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby everything on Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:58 pm

Get this idiot outta there
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Trick on Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:31 pm

he was the best choise for most americans three years ago and might be so again next year...8-)
Trick

Postby Michael on Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:27 am

Fox invites Bernie Sanders to speak in a long format town hall with a supportive audience, whereas Democrats ban FOX from participating in presidential debates. It again appears that Democrats and liberals are afraid of the market place of ideas and must resort to deplatforming their political opponents in order to avoid the kind of conversion of voters that Bernie may have achieved. I think that strategy will fail during the lead-up to 2020. They'll lose voters the same way CNN and MSNBC are losing viewers.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:24 pm

Fox invites Bernie Sanders to speak in a long format town hall with a supportive audience, whereas Democrats ban FOX from participating

You would mean that CNN/MSNBC "ban" Republican candidates from participating. I.e., the "Democrats" are not a tv network.
Afa a "supportive audience," FOX didn't prepare an audience for Bernie. The audience just liked what he had to say. That's what Trump didn't like. But, it's understandable that he had to run somebody down for treating him unfairly --by actually liking someone else, which is what his tiny ego can't stand.

However, aiming criticism at the "Democrats and liberals," CNN and MSNBC because FOX viewers liked Bernie seems to be just a desire to make people dislike them. It doesn't even address any issue that the audience liked. Instead, it's a congratulation of FOX, instead of Bernie. Oh well, the interviewers and Trump pointed out how much Bernie benefited from the new tax plan. That's gonna be another criticism --even though he voted against the plan, and couldn't help but benefit once it was instituted.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:08 pm

You would mean that CNN/MSNBC "ban" Republican candidates from participating. I.e., the "Democrats" are not a tv network.

Not quite right. The DNC made a decision to exclude FOX News from the debates. This is the DNC whose former chair, Donna Brazille, while working for CNN, gave Hillary advance questions to the 2016 debates with Trump.

The reason I mentioned a supportive audience was a reference to the CNN town hall after the Parkland school shooting last year where the exact opposite was done to Dana Loesch and Marco Rubio. Bernie had a fair shot at winning over his audience at the FOX town hall, whereas CNN didn't afford that to Repubs/conservatives.

I'm following details of Bernie and Tulsi platforms among the Dems right now and I went to a Bernie rally a few weeks ago. I'm not even sure if any of the other candidates have platforms yet, but Bernie has the best so far and he's setting the course. Good for him. Tulsi is anti-war and also explicit on some other major policy issues, so good for her. She's not afraid to state her positions. Can't say that for Beto, Buttigieg, etc.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:47 am

FOX is annoying.

"Who's gonna pay!?!"
"Who's goona pay!?!"
"Who's gonna pay!?!"

"You benefited!"
"You benefited!"
"You benefited!"

Glad Bernie put them in their place. Once he did they held back on their silliness.

I hear a lot of FOX viewers heads exploded and they are attacking the hosts online. Probably the same people threatening Congresswomen Omar.

Fact is even FOX viewers are waking up to nightmare they voted for.

Trump vetoes the effort to end backing Saudi's slaughter of Yemen? What the...?

What koolaid are they drinking?

Why not ask why we are paying for that?
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:29 pm

Talking about Fox news - you seen this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/detail/B01J6JBN0Q

The Brainwashing of My Dad
(18)
IMDb
89 min
13+
Subtitles and Closed Captions

A filmmaker explores the radical change of her once Democratic father to an angry right-wing fanatic after his immersion in talk radio and Fox News. She discovers this to be a powerful phenomenon that has divided families across the nation.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:02 am

Mike, sorry, was away. I read the first link. You wrote that the Democrats banned FOX from participating in presidential debates. I responded that the Democrats were not a network. Okay, from the article:

“That is why I have made it a priority to talk to a broad array of potential media partners, including Fox News. Recent reporting in the New Yorker on the inappropriate relationship between President Trump, his administration and Fox News has led me to conclude that the network is not in a position to host a fair and neutral debate for our candidates,” Perez continued. “Therefore, Fox News will not serve as a media partner for the 2020 Democratic primary debates.”

It was about moderating a primary debate. So, okay, Fox wasn't allowed to host a Democratic primary debate. OF COURSE, Fox news moderators did host a presidential debate in 2016.

Allowing Bernie to come on to be interviewed is nowhere near comparable, whether one would agree with the DNC's decision or not --about the 2019-2020 campaign, btw.

At any rate, my complaint was that your post was merely condemning "Democrats" and "liberals" for not allowing ... ? while congratulating Fox for interviewing Bernie. My point was that Bernie's points were more important, and that Fox had nothing to be proud of.

Just as in the last election and earlier, the idea is to create a division, regardless of the issue. If it's supported by Democrats (or one of the many hobgoblin terms like liberal, leftist, etc), then it's bad. Anything against them is good, if not better.

So, I decided to register as a Democrat. I've always been an independent, until now. Gotta choose a side, especially the one you're gonna be lumped in anyway.
Last edited by Steve James on Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:39 am

She discovers this to be a powerful phenomenon that has divided families across the nation.

That is the objective. It was starting when Palin started calling members of the other party and their candidates "un-American." It wasn't true when Gore faced Bush.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:55 pm

GrahamB wrote:Talking about Fox news - you seen this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/detail/B01J6JBN0Q

The Brainwashing of My Dad
(18)
IMDb
89 min
13+
Subtitles and Closed Captions

A filmmaker explores the radical change of her once Democratic father to an angry right-wing fanatic after his immersion in talk radio and Fox News. She discovers this to be a powerful phenomenon that has divided families across the nation.

Indeed G!

I have watched that and it was very good.

I wasn't surprised of course but I was surprised by how wide spread the epidemic is. More interesting for me was that they were able to get their happy father/grandfather back.

It's hard to imagine but truckers get hit hard with this type of programming and people with long commutes. Right wing talk radio is everywhere and they basically shit on everything not unlike Brexiters. It's easy to complain and whine and then they mix in conspiracy theories and blame all the problems on immigrants and minorities and you have Americans blaming their problems on those same people and of course the government.

Yet the cruel irony is that these same independent owner operator truckers got screwed over the hardest by Trump tax bill. (Someone has to pay.) Before they could deduct their expenses and meals while working but not anymore. Yet unfortunately most won't wake up instead they'll blame the IRS and big government when actually Trump threw them under the bus with smile of his face
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:10 pm

Watch "Dr. Cornel West: Why I'm With Bernie Sanders" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/I4L4bJGcShI

I will put this here and the tax cuts thread because Bernis says it all.

Watch "Bernie Sanders DESTROYS Trump & His Lackey for Their Lies and Hypocrisy" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/94nwYhT6PIo
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:57 am

I've got to admit you got it right about Facebook being evil, G. I still use it though :)

I liked the end of that film, where they got him back. Somebody should have accidentally broken his radio sooner!
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic