Trump's Trade War

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Trump's Trade War

Postby BruceP on Fri May 24, 2019 7:03 pm

windwalker wrote:
BruceP wrote:https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2019/feb/27/tulsi-gabbard/tulsi-gabbard/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... rd-numbers

.The US farmer suicide crisis echoes a much larger farmer suicide crisis happening globally: an Australian farmer dies by suicide every four days; in the UK, one farmer a week takes his or her own life; in France, one farmer dies by suicide every two days; in India, more than 270,000 farmers have died by suicide

Interesting, doesn't support the narrative that some are trying to push here.

The fact that it's been like that for decades is lost on them. Just like that 'Facism' (sic) thread where people were being stopped at border checkpoints because, Trump...

Too full of hate to smell their own bigotry
Appeals to authority is why we can't have nice things
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Fri May 24, 2019 9:30 pm

Where did you get your education? Trump university?

You are Wrong!

Full of hate...?

You guys are so brainwashed into defending Trump that you use confirmation bias to defend all things Trump

This was just in the news.

Bankruptcies for farmers in the Midwest have risen sharply. Some farmers have been hit by a trifecta of bad circumstances: trade tariff disputes, continuing low crop prices and extensive flooding.

If you guys want to deny the suicide of farmers then a simple solution would be to do research on the current bankruptcy rate of US farmers.

I asked what people believed Trump's tariffs would do and got no solid response.

The fact is tariffs are a Democratic strategy which have long been abandoned since the Reagan/Bush era.

I don't disageee with tariffs the problem is Trump did it by executive order. If he had done it through congress then these tariffs would have staying power and you could see factories open in the US but instead you have a trade war which is directly hurting farmers which some seem to want to deny.

Also if Trump had not destroyed TPP he could have used it as bargaining tool against the Chinese.

Anyway if some just want to point fingers and call me full of hate then go ahead but unlike Trump I am not going to cry, whine and run off to hide in Japan.

I will school you and show you where you are wrong as you both are.

But since you probably won't listen here is a picture that will remind you what party got us here in the first place.

Keep voting for Republicans and ask yourself why red states have the lowest quality of life.
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri May 24, 2019 9:48 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri May 24, 2019 9:45 pm

BruceP wrote:
Steve James wrote:
Great. Let's continue to check facts

For sure, Steve. That way, you guys don't have to keep moving the goal posts.

Steve, how can we discuss the facts when we can't even agree that farmers are struggling?

Funny that I am supposedly full of hate for posting "Dying of Whiteness." Some of best friends are white! LOL!

Actually Dying of Whiteness is not racism it is about understanding working class whites in red states and the writer has a lot of respect for these people but is trying to understand why they vote against their own interests by understanding their mindset. The idea that I am full of hate just proves that this conversation is too much for some people to comprehend.

Which doesn't surprise me.

By the way not long ago Trump supporters were bragging about the stock market. When stocks are doing well they give credit to Trump so when stocks fall will they blame Trump?
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri May 24, 2019 10:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Bao on Sat May 25, 2019 12:00 am

grzegorz wrote:By the way not long ago Trump supporters were bragging about the stock market. When stocks are doing well they give credit to Trump so when stocks fall will they blame Trump?

They will blame the Democrats or China.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sat May 25, 2019 9:17 pm

The greatest distraction of all, especially for Americans, is war.
grzegorz
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic