kb plyo swings to help / replace sprints / lo impact hiit

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

kb plyo swings to help / replace sprints / lo impact hiit

Postby everything on Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:00 am

hey have you guys tried "plyo swings" instead of plyometrics? good for "qing gong" training.

I can't/don't want to do more running to not stress my stressed out feet further. the best alternative (on paper) would be go to the gym and do intervals on a stationary bike. I'm likely not going to do that due to the expense in time and money.

... I like kb swings but have no idea how many to do to help sprints/stops/starts. I scoured the internetz, strongfirst, etc. already.

here is a good article:
https://strengthaxis.com/kettlebell-ply ... ive-speed/

on my initial attempt, I didn't do a little jump at the bottom. instead I did a little shuffle movement, as if jumping over a rope one foot at a time. still pretty good, I think. very, very light bell. Don't want to do with heavy bell. feel very low impact on the joints.

-----
Edits: just realized the term "Low Impact HIIT" has been getting popular in the past year or two.
This is like duh. Exactly what I need. Low impact on the joints, still try to get a HiiT style anaerobic workout.

Some good ones I found so far:
- single leg runs (as fast as you can for 30s).
- no-jump jack (what it sounds like)
- bob and weave
- no-jump burpees.
Last edited by everything on Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic