idiots who pull too far forward in traffic...

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

idiots who pull too far forward in traffic...

Postby everything on Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:00 pm

(countries where you drive on the right side of the road)

so if you're waiting to turn right, you only have to look left.

I think it's obnoxious plus stupid when someone is waiting to turn right, and you pull up to turn left and you try to advance farther so you can see:

- obnoxious because now that person who was there first and wants to turn right can't see either
- stupid because if you were polite and let that person see and turn right, it'd be easier for you to see. and they only need to see one direction vs. you need to see two.

/traffic rant
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: idiots who pull too far forward in traffic...

Postby klonk on Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:21 pm

everything wrote:(countries where you drive on the right side of the road)

so if you're waiting to turn right, you only have to look left.

I think it's obnoxious plus stupid when someone is waiting to turn right, and you pull up to turn left and you try to advance farther so you can see:

- obnoxious because now that person who was there first and wants to turn right can't see either
- stupid because if you were polite and let that person see and turn right, it'd be easier for you to see. and they only need to see one direction vs. you need to see two.

/traffic rant

Not just THAT, but height. There I was in a little low-slung sportscar, about to turn right onto a bridge, when a bunch of Gomer Pyles in a Humvee pulled up right next to me. They did not pull up ahead, but the tall vehicle blotted out my view anyway.

If you are expecting other drivers to think, you are violating the first rule of safe driving. :D
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Re: idiots who pull too far forward in traffic...

Postby everything on Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:12 am

LOL that is so true. I always assume they're distracted on a phone, taking selfies, whatever, but it's still annoying.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic