Anti-Antifa

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Anti-Antifa

Postby Michael on Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:45 pm

Antifa protester who attacked Trump supporter pleads guilty to assault

https://nypost.com/2019/10/05/antifa-protester-who-attacked-trump-supporter-pleads-guilty-to-assault/

This case has been going on a while and this most recent article about the expected sentence does not include previous information. This was Mike Cernovich's "A Night for Freedom" and he's been covering it.

A 32 y.o. antifa man picked off a lone straggler from the crowd walking away from a conservative social event. The victim is a 56 y.o. man smaller than the attacker, who sucker punched him (it was unprovoked, there was no mutual conflict or confrontation), and was choking him to death when cops pulled him off. The victim was in a coma after the attack, but recovered. Then the attacker fought with the cops and was initially charged with assault on the police, but that's been dropped. So basically, attempted murder unprovoked and additional assault on a cop gets you 18 months if you're a leftist thug in NYC.

I'm thinking 5 years, probation after 2, not 18 months, probation after what will probably be a few months, but we'll see.
Michael

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:47 pm

So, how many people have Antifa killed to date?
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:51 pm

Oops, wrong thread. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

I just looked at the link. Thugs are thugs based on what they do, not their politics. Anybody can join a crowd and start a fight. Otoh, if a mob/group attacks a single person, it's a different story. Like the 2018 proud boy attack in NYC https://www.cbsnews.com/news/proud-boys ... 018-10-22/
That doesn't mean they're all hooligans.

Afa the charge, there are degrees of assault in NYS. The penalties depend on whether it's first, second, or third degree. He might have gotten a plea offer. Was the man permanently injured.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:15 pm

Was the man permanently injured.

No details really emerged after the first week or so, or when I went back to look a couple of times, but I do not think he was permanently injured, as in maimed.
Last edited by Michael on Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby Michael on Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:19 pm

In the case of the Proud Boys who were prosecuted, there was no victim complaint. The antifa they fought with did not claim injuries, did not cooperate with the police, did not swear complaints, and did not appear in court, but in a situation where there was at least some level of mutual combat and no injuries to speak of on either side (as far as I know), the right-wingers received what appears to be more severe consequences than the antifa attacker I posted above. It appears to be a double standard.
Last edited by Michael on Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:45 pm

I wasn't there. Like I said, thugs are thugs. There's no universal double standard in NYC with regards to assailants on different sides of the political spectrum. First of, it's rare. There aren't many confrontations anyway. Secondly, afa the court system, the 23 member Grand Jury panel sits for a month and can observe over a hundred cases. When I sat, the lady next to me was a Trump supporter wife of a cop in a family of cops. Anyway, my point is only that the 23 person group that indicted the antifa guy were not the same who indicted the proud boys. There were different DAs and judges, too.

Afa sentences, I couldn't look at two cases and come to the conclusion that there's some systematic double standard against "the right." The severity of a sentence can vary from judge to judge, day court to night court. If you're guilty, you're at the court's mercy.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:47 pm

Cernovich says he's going to take all the antifa who attacked that event to civil court, so maybe more details will come out. I'm hoping to just suddenly see some kind of glowing review of the victim's health and learn that he's made a full recovery. i don't really want to know if he has some permanent disability, like I don't want to keep being reminded how many people died in Las Vegas or El Paso, Dayton, etc., because I already know it's "too many".
Michael

Postby I-mon on Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:43 pm

You guys do know that "antifa" is literally not a thing, right? Like, it's not an organisation, it's not a group, it literally doesn't exist as an entity. There are people who use "black bloc" tactics (wearing black, face covered, damaging property or engaging with police/counterprotesters etc), who go to protests, and these tactics have been used by many, many groups over many decades, groups who often have completely conflicting politics.
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:04 pm

Michael wrote:Cernovich says he's going to take all the antifa who attacked that event to civil court, so maybe more details will come out. I'm hoping to just suddenly see some kind of glowing review of the victim's health and learn that he's made a full recovery. i don't really want to know if he has some permanent disability, like I don't want to keep being reminded how many people died in Las Vegas or El Paso, Dayton, etc., because I already know it's "too many".

That guy? ::)

Michael Cernovich (born November 17, 1977) is an American social media personality, anti-feminist, men's rights activist, political commentator, and conspiracy theorist.[4][5] He has been characterized as a part of the alt-right,[6] but does not identify himself as such.[7][8] Cernovich has been a regular host of The Alex Jones Show on InfoWars.[9]
Cernovich is known for his promotion of fake news, conspiracy theories,[10][12] and smear campaigns.[13][14] He helped spread Pizzagate, which falsely claimed that John Podesta and other high-ranking Democratic Party officials were involved in a child-sex ring.[8][15][16] Cernovich has falsely accused various people of being pedophiles or supporting pedophilia, and he briefly succeeded in getting Sam Seder fired from MSNBC with such an allegation, before it was revealed to be a falsehood.[17][18][8]
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:33 pm

You guys do know that "antifa" is literally not a thing, right? Like, it's not an organisation, it's not a group, it literally doesn't exist as an entity. There are people who use "black bloc" tactics (wearing black, face covered, damaging property or engaging with police/counterprotesters etc), who go to protests, and these tactics have been used by many, many groups over many decades, groups who often have completely conflicting politics.

I understand what black block is, that it's a tactic which is too complex for TV talking heads to comprehend and state correctly--the weather report seems to max their CPU cycles--but I've been posting info. about antifa here for two and a half years that proves it is a thing. Sorry, but we're really, really far apart on this. I don't expect you to prove something does not exist, but I have proved that it does.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:45 pm

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:
Michael wrote:Cernovich says he's going to take all the antifa who attacked that event to civil court, so maybe more details will come out. I'm hoping to just suddenly see some kind of glowing review of the victim's health and learn that he's made a full recovery. i don't really want to know if he has some permanent disability, like I don't want to keep being reminded how many people died in Las Vegas or El Paso, Dayton, etc., because I already know it's "too many".

That guy? ::)

Michael Cernovich (born November 17, 1977) is an American social media personality, anti-feminist, men's rights activist, political commentator, and conspiracy theorist.[4][5] He has been characterized as a part of the alt-right,[6] but does not identify himself as such.[7][8] Cernovich has been a regular host of The Alex Jones Show on InfoWars.[9]
Cernovich is known for his promotion of fake news, conspiracy theories,[10][12] and smear campaigns.[13][14] He helped spread Pizzagate, which falsely claimed that John Podesta and other high-ranking Democratic Party officials were involved in a child-sex ring.[8][15][16] Cernovich has falsely accused various people of being pedophiles or supporting pedophilia, and he briefly succeeded in getting Sam Seder fired from MSNBC with such an allegation, before it was revealed to be a falsehood.[17][18][8]

Whoa, you mean it wasn't some random 56 year-old guy who just happened to be straggling behind when he was viciously attacked by members of antifa. Hmm, a conspiracy theorist might propose that he's doing a jussie.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:53 pm

Cernovich was not physically attacked that night. He was the host and he's been very active in reporting this case. He says that he will use the lawsuits to get discovery on antifa's organization in NYC.
Michael

Postby Michael on Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:02 pm

Do you think the Dayton shooter qualifies? Why or why not? Origami seemed to think he did.
Michael

Postby roger hao on Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:56 am

Just a nit - but it appears that Cernovich might have been falsely proved wrong
about the pedophile thing.
roger hao

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:01 am

Michael wrote:

Do you think the Dayton shooter qualifies? Why or why not? Origami seemed to think he did.

Off to class, so I will try and follow up tonight. But, no. And, I didn't think that was Itto's take. I could certainly be mistaken.

I know he was politically on the left, and maybe even a member of Antifa (certainly a sympathizer), but the fact that he started with his transgender sister made me think it was a non-politico-ideological attack. I admit that, while I was waiting for more information, I lost track of any reliable follow up background information. Did it come out? I know the police said it was not politically motivated, but I don't take that at face value.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic