Anti-Antifa

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Anti-Antifa

Postby Steve James on Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:26 am

People often complained about characterizing something as a "hate" crime. How can you tell, and what difference does it make?

Well, when a guy goes into a bus and blows himself up, and leaves a note promoting ISL, we know the motive. If a guy goes into a synagogue and murders some people, we don't know whether they were collateral damage and he was aiming at his wife, or that he hated Jews generally. That is, unless he leaves a note saying XYZ. The same is true for a suicide. Was it a suicide or an overdose? Did he/she leave a note?

Did the Dalton shooter do so because of his political views? How would you know? Doesn't everyone have political views? The point is whether he targeted his victims because of his views --whatever they were. If he killed his transgender sister, it probably wasn't because she was a Trump supporter.

Btw, I think that mass shootings at concerts, bars, and parties should be distinguished from shootings at religious or ethnic locations and places of worship. But, as I said, there can be a personal element to a shooting anywhere, and there are people who get upset at the courts or their employer, and go on a shooting spree.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:13 am

Just a nit - but it appears that Cernovich might have been falsely proved wrong
about the pedophile thing.

And...

Last edited by Michael on Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby Michael on Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:24 am

@ Ian

Basically I agree, I just think the preponderance of the info. is that he was antifa, but it is not clear if he was acting because of that; it's debatable. I have not followed up either and do not expect an investigation to reveal much since he's dead. He was a whack job. Killed his own sister and shot his best friend. Was he a whack job and antifa? Maybe the Dayton police will make a determination.

I compare this to Jeremy Christian from Portland, who was a Bernie supporter and stabbed two strangers to death on a subway. Primarily, he was a whack job and the police knew it. Is there any political ideology connection between Bernie and violence? No. Obviously, Bernie does not promote violence, but antifa does.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:40 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Trick on Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:31 am

I read the other day that OK and Milk is not ok , it’s white supremacy symbolism apparently.
Trick

Postby Michael on Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:04 am

And bowl hair cuts, and...
Michael

Postby Steve James on Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:11 am

I read the other day that OK and Milk is not ok

:) You can read a lot of things. Okay.

Afa "white supremacy," :), white supremacist organizations like nazis, kkk, etc., use lots of gang signs. The double SS, or lightning bolt, the letters HH, or numbers 88. But, those are fairly obvious, like the swastika. Yeah, I know, the "crooked cross" is found all over Asia, and 'has nothing to do with nazism'' except when a Nazi uses it. The ok sign doesn't mean someone is a white supremacist. But, white supremacists can take it or anything they want and use it as their gang sign.

It's just like crucifix. It's not the same symbol when it's burned in front of someone's house. But, because there was a reluctance to symbolically express being "pro" nazi, fascist, or white supremacist --due to 'political correctness'- there was a need for new symbols. So, they use a 'green frog.' It's safe for children.

Nobody's against the ok sign, or even giving someone the middle finger. They're against the ideas of the person using it. Frankly, where I live, people use a thumb up to mean ok.

Anyway, the first question is whether white supremacists, nazis, etc., use the sign to show support for their ideologies. That's either yes or no. If no, then paying attention to its usage is useless. Otoh, if it's true, and it is used that way, or a secret handshake. Then, tough luck for white supremacists. Personally, I wouldn't restrict it at all. I would just encourage them to explain that they're using the sign that way --like any honest thug on a video, rather than bitch about it. You think any gangsta from the west side is gonna hide his sign, or that any sel-respecting skin head would grow hair to stop people from knowing he was a skin head?

People often need to tell you that it's raining while they're pissing on you. That it only means such and such because you take it that way. They like to gaslight you. I bet at least one person here knows what the signs are supposed to mean. If it's meaningless, then my suggestion is to ok the shit out of everybody turn it into the symbol for asshole, for ex.

Anus: see just a sign.
https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http ... f=1&nofb=1
Last edited by Steve James on Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:09 am

Trick

Postby Michael on Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:12 am

Michael

Postby Michael on Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:41 pm

A common sight since the 2016 presidential race that Trump supporters are physically attacked at Trump rallies, including last week in Minneapolis. In cities with liberal mayors, the police are ordered to be hands off, or worse yet, as in San Jose 2016, the police force Trump rally attendees to walk through a gauntlet of violent protestors. It is very rare that police intervene and they almost never arrest the attackers, who are unprovoked and know they will be ignored by the police and protected by the mainstream media.

Last week in Minneapolis, many Trump rally attendees were attacked and robbed, their MAGA hats and other pro-Trump items stolen and then burned by antifa.

From Andy Ngo via @AlphaNewsMN:

Antifa Mob Chokes & Beats Pro-Trump Man in Minneapolis

A man in a MAGA hat was singled out and beaten by an antifa mob after the Trump rally in Minneapolis on 10 Oct. 2019. Alpha News Minnesota captures moment when a man wearing a "I Stand with Ilhan Omar" shirt chokes the victim after he tries to get his stolen hat back. Other antifa people then kick and punch him. There were no arrests in this assault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpfrGE_UIfs

And another physical attack in Minneapolis. From Andy Ngo via @AlphaNewsMN:

After the Trump rally in Minneapolis on 10 Oct. 2019, his supporters were attacked by masked and unmasked antifa extremists as they were trying to leave. An unprovoked assault on a young woman was caught on camera by Alpha News Minnesota. Mayor Jacob Frey defends charging the Trump campaign over half-a-million for public safety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5viO3shoJyw

Source: Firsthand Account: ANTIFA Attacks Minnesota Trump Supporters
https://alphanewsmn.com/firsthand-account-antifa-attacks-minnesota-trump-supporters/
Michael

Postby greytowhite on Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm

I had to shave my head in high school because my hair is so thick that it killed two pairs of clippers. This was ~2003 in Gilbert, Arizona. The next day I got Heil Hitlers, quiet OK signs, and plenty of farm kids coming up to quietly agree with their perception of what a shaved head meant. They all stopped that bullshit when they realized most of my friends there were the only people of color at the school and my adamant insistence that I was Latino got them to shut up. White supremacy is rampant here in Arizona where education is ranked 49th in the country. The SS double lightning bolt is often sported proudly at various bars around town and if pressed they'll either acknowledge their racist shit or try to point at the Superstition Springs Mountain and say some other lie. I've got plenty of extended family pretty high up in the Aryan Brotherhood. Very simply put the OK hand sign is like a Mason's hand shake - if you refuse to acknowledge what you're seeing or feeling or just that ignorant it's going to run right past you.
greytowhite
Wuji

Postby edededed on Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:09 pm

Thanks for sharing the experience, greytowhite. 2003 is not that long ago. The US definitely has a very different experience depending on where you live - very sad to hear that this kind of thing is still going on. Glad to hear that at least some people (like you) are not affected despite it. How do non-white folks live in such an environment?
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:36 am

damn, since i was a teenager listening to scorpions i have had an romantic imagination about Arizona.
Trick

Postby grzegorz on Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:04 am

Michael wrote:Image

Back from China and you are defending this crap now?

A white power symbol in a picture with bi-racial children? But the White Helmets, Ukrainian Nazis, IS, and Sandy Hook Families are the real threat to society?

F@#$ that!

I love how the right wing snowflakes all come out crying when someone loses their job or is seen in public using bad behavior and they feel the need to defend them.

Then of course they leave out all the details and make a little meme.

Universal ‘Despicable Me’ character actor fired after making white power hand signal over 6-year-old

U.S. & WORLD

by: NBC News Channel, NBC4 Staff

Posted: Oct 5, 2019 / 01:20 PM EDT / Updated: Oct 5, 2019 / 01:20 PM EDT

ORLANDO, Florida (NBC News Channel/WCMH) — A Universal Studios actor who dressed as Gru from the film ‘Despicable Me’ has been fired after he flashed a hate symbol on a 6-year-old’s shoulder.

The second-grader’s mother, Tiffany Zinger, said the incident occurred when she and her family attended a character breakfast at a Universal Orlando hotel in March when her children who are biracial took pictures with a “Despicable Me” character.

Zinger, of Colorado, said she spotted the character forming an OK symbol in the photos months later.

The OK sign is used to express white supremacy in extremist circles, according to the Anti-Defamation League.

Zinger said she had to explain to her daughter, who’s on the autism spectrum, why the pictures couldn’t be used in a school project.

Universal has confirmed the actor is no longer an employee and said in a statement they are “taking steps to make sure nothing like this happens again.”

An Universal Orlando Resort spokesman said this week that the actor had been fired, according to USA Today.

Citing recent mass shootings, Zinger wants Universal to name the actor.

“You feel targeted. Someone’s targeting your child. Someone’s targeting you and your family and they didn’t mean any good intent. We wanted to take pictures with the kids. He didn’t seem that he wanted to be near me,” Zinger said.

“Next time, it could become deadly. I mean we’ve seen what happened with El Paso and we’ve seen what happened with New Zealand, and the guy used the same universal white supremacist sign."
Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:14 am

Thanks Grey.

When I was in high school I went through a Mod phase and sure enough the skins came out of the Mods back in the UK so I ended up having a lot of contact with skins because like anyone else living in the LA/Orange County area they too wanted to party. Needless to say it didn't take long to figure they these people spoke out of both sides of their mouths. They'd say one thing in front of group about how we shouldn't force diversity and another thing when they were alone.

Some family just moved to Scottsdale and they like to say how great it is there. I know it can be but as you mentioned I know the whole state is not Scottsdale and although they are good people in Arizona there also a lot of angry individuals who resent the changes happening in society.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic