A sincere hope

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: A sincere hope

Postby grzegorz on Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:27 pm

Trick wrote:The other day in Swedish media an scientist from a Swedish university commented on Greta’s “people are dying” . He said no doubt there is a climate change, and no doubt people are dying because of it, but that the fact is that never has so few died of weather related causes as of now......

Greta’s is used by some people(grownups one may wonder?) for pushin their agenda. The cleverness of using kids(and carefully hiding behind them)in this way is that anyone who criticizes the kid is evil....and we don’t like evils.
Responding to Greta is actually responding to those hiding behind her, that’s pretty obvious?

I doubt it bro.

When I was 16 my politics were the same as now and I was pretty much an activist type at 17.

Greta is 16 and I can remember girls like her at that age.

Her family does well for themselves and I don't see them as needing the attention.

Your claim that she is "pushed" is just a way of discrediting her.

Yes people are dying. Look at the hurricanes devastating the Caribbean and the Southern red states every time we turn on the TV. This is not normal.

Not to mentioned the fact that farmers in third world countries as well as first world countries are having a lot of problems growing their usual crops with the unpredictable weather and droughts.
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:42 pm

This Kurdish fighter looks about 16.

Are her parents just brainwashing her?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:20 am

yes no doubt you been an activist all your live, i believe you. but how far did you come? why has greta "succeeded" while most hasnt....child soldiets are nothing unusual in many parts of the world, even the nazis used kids.......ok, a long long time ago one was considered an grownup at 13 years of age. nowdays one is about to go to highschool at that age and still has a couple of years to go till becoming an professional
Trick

Postby grzegorz on Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:46 am

The only reason you are using this argument is because you disagree with her.

Yes, I have been a radical from Greta's age and onwards. At 18 I joined the military to challenge my beliefs. I never said all my life but I was a child.

Let's see at 18 if Greta is saying.the same. Then does make it real for you?

For you obviously not. You just disagree and don't want to listen to her message.

Btw, that child soldier is fighting for her future as all radicals do.

I still fight too and always will.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:40 am

grzegorz wrote:The only reason you are using this argument is because you disagree with her.

[quote] Trick wrote:

Greta’s is used by some people(grownups one may wonder?) for pushin their agenda. The cleverness of using kids(and carefully hiding behind them)in this way is that anyone who criticizes the kid is evil....and we don’t like evils.
Responding to Greta is actually responding to those hiding behind her, that’s pretty obvious?
[quote]
Trick

Postby Trick on Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:43 am

young radicals, ha.! rascals what you are 8-)
Trick

Postby Steve James on Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:14 am

If someone wants to say that he is responding to someone, then name who he is responding to. Don't say "I'm talking about X, but I really mean Y." Just say Y.

In this case, Greta is used as a symbol --by both sides of the debate on the causes and possible to solutions to the results of climate change. However, ridiculing her for the purpose of ridiculing her is just stupid, juvenile, and mean. She's just a teenager who's expressing her opinion. Even if "grownups" who agree with her views celebrate her, that's no excuse for "grownups" to denigrate her. They should pick on someone their own size, if they must. Or, at least stick to the serious debate and avoid the teeny jokes.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:44 am

Trick wrote:young radicals, ha.! rascals what you are 8-)

That's right!

A young radical is what has you talking about climate change.

Trick wrote:
grzegorz wrote:The only reason you are using this argument is because you disagree with her.

Trick wrote:

Then explain this shit.

grzegorz wrote:
Iowa HS Teacher on Leave After Making 'Sniper Rifle' Comment About Greta Thunberg Visit

https://news.yahoo.com/iowa-hs-teacher- ... 46064.html
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:54 am

Steve James wrote:If someone wants to say that he is responding to someone, then name who he is responding to. Don't say "I'm talking about X, but I really mean Y." Just say Y.

In this case, Greta is used as a symbol --by both sides of the debate on the causes and possible to solutions to the results of climate change. However, ridiculing her for the purpose of ridiculing her is just stupid, juvenile, and mean. She's just a teenager who's expressing her opinion. Even if "grownups" who agree with her views celebrate her, that's no excuse for "grownups" to denigrate her. They should pick on someone their own size, if they must. Or, at least stick to the serious debate and avoid the teeny jokes.

Funny how that works. They try to humiliate her and destroy her yet if what they said were true they wouldn't even respect to her.

Try again Trick...
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:54 pm

So, in Pakistan, they're planting trees to help beat the heat. It's interesting that this article is directed at kids. Though, it makes sense. They're the ones who'll profit or lose from whatever happens.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/kids/people-p ... li=BBnb7Kz
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:04 am

Steve James wrote:If someone wants to say that he is responding to someone, then name who he is responding to. Don't say "I'm talking about X, but I really mean Y." Just say Y.

Well Sir, as you say young Greta is used as an symbol, and that’s what I’m saying too..... X&Y wasn’t that a strip in Mad Magazine? Oh, that’s the name it had in the Swedish version, Spy vsSpy is the original name. Anyway that one seemingly portraits where the climate change debates going, any weapon goes( but no one harmed) 8-)
Trick

Postby Trick on Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:10 am

grzegorz wrote:Then explain this shit.

grzegorz wrote:
Iowa HS Teacher on Leave After Making 'Sniper Rifle' Comment About Greta Thunberg Visit

https://news.yahoo.com/iowa-hs-teacher- ... 46064.html

Ah, that’s just Americans making thing bigger and badder, that we know of a long time now. If it was up to Swedes and similar minded, yes big it would be, but not necessarily at all going bad tempered. 8-)
Trick

Postby Trick on Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:26 am

Steve James wrote:So, in Pakistan, they're planting trees to help beat the heat. It's interesting that this article is directed at kids. Though, it makes sense. They're the ones who'll profit or lose from whatever happens.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/kids/people-p ... li=BBnb7Kz

Thats a great initiative.. ...should make all the hypocritical treehuggers in the West feel at least a little ashame, but they probably imagine themselves being a major part of that tree planting...
Trick

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:00 am

I'm saying that it's funny to see supposedly grown men obsessed with ridiculing a girl Because she is celebrated. It has to be envy, and it illustrates their fragility. If she were a mass murderer or poisoned rivers, I could see it. But, it seems people are taking their frustrations out on her because she illustrates their impotence. She is doing things they never will.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:23 am

i do not agree on that its funny, but agree ridiculing her(im not around too much on social medias so i dont know wgere that has happened?)is out of line juvenile, maybe its their kind of ''activist ' approach?......"She is doing things they never will" - and what are those things ? than as you said just being and "symbol"(for the adults that want to push an extrem green policy)
Trick

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic