A sincere hope

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: A sincere hope

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:17 pm

the whole climate debate is a scam to obtain political power


So which is it? Are you now admitting that man-made climate change is real? Because that would be a huge leap forward from what you have been saying. The article you posted is simply pointing out the obvious: over the top claims that are not based on science are only going to be used by climate deniers to straw man the whole issue (I'm sure the author of the article you unwittingly shared would be just as shocked at your straw-manning of it).

After all, he makes it very clear that he believes in the threat of climate change. Just read the last line of his essay.

Who on this thread has predicted the imminent end of humanity? Now, if you want to talk about other species, which I think deserve some consideration, then that threat is already here as supported by the myriad sources already forwarded throughout this thread.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
User avatar
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2068
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: A sincere hope

Postby Trick on Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:41 am

Here’s the real hope, it’s a complete scam. We can relax and enjoy https://www.climatedepot.com/2015/05/04 ... ing-point/
Trick
Wuji
 
Posts: 2736
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:30 am

Re: A sincere hope

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:38 am

Trick wrote:Here’s the real hope, it’s a complete scam. We can relax and enjoy https://www.climatedepot.com/2015/05/04 ... ing-point/


I'm unclear whether you are being facetious or completely missed how obviously fallacious this joke of a talking point was refuted earlier in the thread. ::)
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
User avatar
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2068
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: A sincere hope

Postby Trick on Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:44 am

It’s a scam. The hysteric ‘man made immediate disastrous climate collapse facts’ is a scam from your favorite politicians and big Corp payed off scientists.
They’re here to scare.....you’ve only got hope if you pay more taxes to their pockets...that’s the sincere hope they’ll giving you.
Trick
Wuji
 
Posts: 2736
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:30 am

Re: A sincere hope

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:59 am

Trick wrote:It’s a scam. The hysteric ‘man made immediate disastrous climate collapse facts’ is a scam from your favorite politicians and big Corp payed off scientists.
They’re here to scare.....you’ve only got hope if you pay more taxes to their pockets...that’s the sincere hope they’ll giving you.


You have it exactly backwards. But I am glad you are being more direct with your claims rather than playing the slippery game.

Big corporations? You mean like big fossil fuel companies who, according to their own internal records, knew about their product's effect on global warming?

Exxon Knew about Climate Change almost 40 years ago

A new investigation shows the oil company understood the science before it became a public issue and spent millions to promote misinformation


https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... years-ago/

Unearthed journal reveals coal industry KNEW about climate change and dangers of burning fossil fuels in 1966 - admitting 'it could melt icecaps and flood cities including New York'


https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -1966.html

As for politicians, they are mostly completely disinterested in taking appropriate action precisely because they are largely bought by these very same companies. Just this year, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo touted the melting Arctic as a great opportunity to dig up more stored carbon and that new waterways in the Arctic would be the Panama and Suez Canals of the 21st century.

The only scientists directly on a suspicious dole have been those funded by special interest groups. The vast majority (almost all, if not all currently active) climate scientists get their money the same way other scientists do, and have, from the government. Although, that too, seems to be changing as the White House just cleared out the OSTP and is doing the same wherever they can (pretty much everywhere).

Donald Trump is closing science offices throughout the federal government.

‘As of June, around 85 percent of all scientific posts in the federal government, including an official scientific advisor to the President, were left unfilled,’

Despite the veritable purge of scientists and science communication that has characterized the Trump administration, the White House still has an Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP). Unfortunately, its science division is now completely lacking any staff whatsoever.

As reported by CBS News, the three remaining employees, all of which were holdovers from the Obama administration, have left.
First established in 1976 by Congress, it is designed to provide the President and others with “advice on the scientific, engineering, and technological aspects of the economy, national security, homeland security, health, foreign relations, the environment, and the technological recovery and use of resources, among other topics.”


So, no, the government and scientists are not cooperating at any level over this. And, no, there is not a conspiracy about climate change, unless you mean the obvious one that you have fallen victim to at the hands of these big corporations.

The entire premise of your claims about tipping points not being reached has to be predicated on complete inaction in response to these warnings, but we know for a fact that is not the case. What is far more likely is that the considerable efforts to take action (uneven as they have been) acted to mitigate the imminent threat of increased problems stemming from climate change. These are all things that can be easily looked up online and verified.

Any other stupid comments?
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
User avatar
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2068
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: A sincere hope

Postby Peacedog on Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:36 pm

Holy cognitive dissonance batman!

US expenditures on education top $8 trillion dollars in 2020 alone.

https://www.usgovernmentspending.com/us ... ng_20.html

The entire US mining industry only grossed $623 billion in 2018.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/193 ... ince-1998/

The governmental-education complex is alive and real. This clown show of climate hysteria is directly paid for using taxpayer dollars which fund academia. The idea that the same people at the university and think tank level who live off of grant money aren't directly vested in doing everything they can to get more is hilarious.

None of this is helped by the fact that every major climate change research project has been busted manipulating their data doesn't help the matter. The most ridiculous example of which is the Canadian government agency that threw out all of the historical data because it didn't meet up with their crappy models.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... _been.html
Peacedog
Great Old One
 
Posts: 1750
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 5:22 am
Location: Standing right next to your girl....

Re: A sincere hope

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:17 pm

Any other stupid comments?


Holy cognitive dissonance batman!

US expenditures on education top $8 trillion dollars in 2020 alone.

https://www.usgovernmentspending.com/us ... ng_20.html

The entire US mining industry only grossed $623 billion in 2018.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/193 ... ince-1998/

The governmental-education complex is alive and real. This clown show of climate hysteria is directly paid for using taxpayer dollars which fund academia. The idea that the same people at the university and think tank level who live off of grant money aren't directly vested in doing everything they can to get more is hilarious.

None of this is helped by the fact that every major climate change research project has been busted manipulating their data doesn't help the matter. The most ridiculous example of which is the Canadian government agency that threw out all of the historical data because it didn't meet up with their crappy models.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... _been.html


That was supposed to be rhetorical.

US expenditures on education top $8 trillion dollars in 2020 alone.


No, the US spent about 800 billion, not 8 trillion. Your site is incorrect, and by a long shot. By the way, that's 100 billion less than we spend on the military, not factoring in unreported emissions and other environmental costs.

The entire US mining industry only grossed $623 billion in 2018.


I'm not going to bother vetting your sources for you, but you have made it clear that you can't do it yourself. But, if this is true, what relevance does it have?

The governmental-education complex is alive and real. This clown show of climate hysteria is directly paid for using taxpayer dollars which fund academia. The idea that the same people at the university and think tank level who live off of grant money aren't directly vested in doing everything they can to get more is hilarious.


The fact that you are conflating education with research is just another example of how little you actually know about any of this.

every major climate change research project has been busted manipulating their data doesn't help the matter.


That's just laughable on its face.

Oh, and the bizarre claims about throwing out data? Completely wrong. Catchy headline, though. You seem to go for those.

https://skepticalscience.com/Canadas-ClimateData.html
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
User avatar
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2068
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: A sincere hope

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:29 pm

By the way, the 800 Billion? That's local, state, and Fed. Local and state make up the vast bulk of that. So, even if you are trying to fudge the numbers, you were off by a mile. The Fed spent 69 billion in 2015 and it hasn't jumped by that much.

https://www.nationalpriorities.org/budg ... /spending/

https://www2.ed.gov/about/overview/budg ... index.html
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
User avatar
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2068
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: A sincere hope

Postby Peacedog on Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:45 pm

Actually it's $1.2T. Because you can't read a chart either. And that doesn't begin to address the R&D budget contained within many other sources of spending.

And it's still twice the gross of mining alone.

So education represents an industry all on its own. All participants in which are educated by the same sources.

And until the issue of data manipulation is handled nothing the proponents of this theory say matters.
Last edited by Peacedog on Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One
 
Posts: 1750
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 5:22 am
Location: Standing right next to your girl....

Re: A sincere hope

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:50 pm

Peacedog wrote:Actually it's $1.2T. Because you can't read a chart either. And that doesn't begin to address the R&D budget contained within many other sources of spending.

And it's still twice the gross of mining alone.

So education represents an industry all on its own. All participants in which are educated by the same sources.

And until the issue of data manipulation is handled nothing the proponents of this theory say matters.


8-)
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
User avatar
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2068
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: A sincere hope

Postby Trick on Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:27 am

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:
Trick wrote:It’s a scam. The hysteric ‘man made immediate disastrous climate collapse facts’ is a scam from your favorite politicians and big Corp payed off scientists.
They’re here to scare.....you’ve only got hope if you pay more taxes to their pockets...that’s the sincere hope they’ll giving you.




Big corporations? You mean like big fossil fuel companies who, according to their own internal records, knew about their product's effect on global warming?

Exxon Knew about Climate Change almost 40 years ago

A new investigation shows the oil company understood the science before it became a public issue and spent millions to promote misinformation



I like conspiracy theories but missed this one, just skimmed it through so and not sure I got the twists and turns right.
Exxon mobile claim influential members of the Rockefeller family was into an dirty sling dirt campaign against EM(they spent millions on that campaign)which eventually led EM to bow down and say what they where told to say??
Is this the right consensus of it? If it is it follows what I say about those lower on the ladder have to follow the higher ones, the lower ones are in a nut hold.

It would seem the Rockefellers still are in control and never really left the control of the oil business.
(Way back J.D.Rockefeller started Standard Oil, which later turned into Exxon,which turned into Exxon Mobile....)
Trick
Wuji
 
Posts: 2736
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:30 am

Re: A sincere hope

Postby Trick on Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:37 am

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/exxon-knew-about-climate-change-almost-40-years-

That link is from 2015, here’s an newer one that how I read into it, Carefully begin to hint to the sun as the real climate changer https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/ob ... -survival/
Trick
Wuji
 
Posts: 2736
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:30 am

Re: A sincere hope

Postby Trick on Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:47 am

It was posted here about the US education system, and Ian led me to find out about the oil baron family the Rockefellers. So here’s some more on it. https://wakeup-world.com/2015/10/13/ano ... deception/
Trick
Wuji
 
Posts: 2736
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:30 am

Re: A sincere hope

Postby Peacedog on Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:04 am

I sense someone’s 15 minutes are up. Maybe she needs to monetize like the Kardashians.

She could start a fragrance line that smells like patchouli and despair.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/defeated ... =dwtwitter
Last edited by Peacedog on Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One
 
Posts: 1750
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 5:22 am
Location: Standing right next to your girl....

Previous

Return to Off the Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests