TrumpThrows Kurds Under the Bus After They Take on IS

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: TrumpThrows Kurds Under the Bus After They Take on IS

Postby grzegorz on Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:06 pm

Try facts next time.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:12 pm

Not attacking Sweden.

In case you missed it Trump said the Kurds didn't help in the invasion of Normandy and used a misguided magazine article to justify his decision.

I think you can figure out the rest.

Trick busts my balls for being a Yank and I bust his balls for being a Swede.

No reason to take it seriously, I don't.

It's not as if the world leaders are going to read this.
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Trick on Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:02 am

grzegorz wrote:
Trick wrote:
grzegorz wrote:He is not the bringer of peace.

Hmmm, what President has been bringer of peace lately. ok, Obama got the peace prize, and even Colonel Gaddafi somewhat praised him at the UN, Then the USA had him murdered by wrecking havoc in the prosperous country of Libya which then became a shit hole country... And then it was Syria’s turn...And of course Irak we also know about....And then we also know about...............

Thank you Captain Obvious.

I was addressing Trump's Twitter account where he is claiming that we should not be in the Middle East.

Yet he also gets involved in Isreal, threatens to nuke Afghanistan, supports the Sauids destroying Yemen, threatens North Korea, and Valenzuela. Not to mentioned he just sent US troops to Saudi Arabia.

As to all else "we" agree which is why I am criticizing Trump because he is on office now and not Obama or FDR or whoever else you want to bring up from America's imperialist past.

I have always been anti-war. As a veteran I see war as a tool for politicians to be re-elected. I see this as an act of war by Trump because he knew his actions would lead to war so I hold him responsible. I have no doubt he thinks he will benefit from this somehow but time will tell what that will be. Perhaps it is just another transaction for him.

Reminds me of when Sweden sold iron ore to the nazis. I suppose Trump can accuse the Swedes of not helping the US in WWII too.

Maybe next he will throw Sweden under the bus in an hour of need. Wouldn't surprise anyone here that is for sure.

Is Hillary up for the presidential position again ? Maybe she is. Back in the days she was scheming together with Barack......As for Sweden yes they ‘assisted’ the Germans during the WW2 despite being neutral, my mother who was a young girl back then worked in a small cafe where German soldiers sometimes dined was suspected to be Jewish she heard from the owner of the cafe.....And also - Swedes,Turks and PKK https://military.wikia.org/wiki/Charles_XII_of_Sweden https://www.irishtimes.com/news/kurdish ... 6-1.147312
Trick

Postby Trick on Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:43 am

grzegorz wrote:As a veteran I see war as a tool for politicians to be re-elected. I see this as an act of war by Perhaps it is just another transaction for him..

[quote]Do you have to be a wealthy war criminal to accede to high office?[quote]https://www.globalresearch.ca/the-bush-familys-links-to-nazi-germany-a-famous-american-family-made-its-fortune-from-the-nazis/5512243
Trick

Postby grzegorz on Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:23 pm

deleted
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Trick on Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:22 am

Why would that surprise you ? Ashkenazi Jewish group originated in near Asia/eastern Europe. Just a few managed to migrate to the US, but many migrated into Central Europe. Even the early Bolshevik/Communist movement had leaders born by Jewish parents. And then there’s Karl Marx of course....As long as you are a secular of whatever...you can be a communist.
Trick

Postby grzegorz on Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:06 am

I know history and I am not going to discuss anti-semitism here.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:15 am

Sure enough Putin's puppet is the gift that keeps on giving.

Cutting off aid to Ukraine didn't work since Trump got caught with his pants down. So he capitulates to Turkey. Russian trolls say these are the "bad" Kurds and now the Kurds are reaching out to the Russians for help. Meanwhile Trump the European allies.

So much for defeating IS in 30 days.

Promises mades, promises kept.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:08 pm

Prior to Turkey's offensive last week, as a confidence building measure with the country, the US convinced the Syrian Kurds to dismantle their defensive fortifications along the border and pull their fighters back. The US said Turkey had agreed to the arrangement which sought to prevent unilateral Turkish military action. Trump then had the Pentagon pull back US troops along that part of the border.

Retired Marine Gen. John Allen: 'There is blood on Trump's hands for abandoning our Kurdish allies' - CNNPolitics

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/13/politics ... index.html
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby BruceP on Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:48 pm

grzegorz wrote:Try facts next time

What, like Trump threatening Valenzuela?

What wasn't factual in what I posted? Go on now
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:16 am

Trick wrote:Why would that surprise you ? Ashkenazi Jewish group originated in near Asia/eastern Europe. Just a few managed to migrate to the US, but many migrated into Central Europe. Even the early Bolshevik/Communist movement had leaders born by Jewish parents. And then there’s Karl Marx of course....As long as you are a secular of whatever...you can be a communist.

Ok, Grzegorz deleted his post that my here quote referred to. My post has absolutely nothing about antisemitism to do, just asking why Grzegorz was surprised why many Eastern Europeans has a Jewish descent.(actually he is not surprised)
Grzegorz seemingly has an agenda to literally turn everything into black and white.
You stand by your word? so why delete your posts
Trick

Postby Peacedog on Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:31 am

Steve,

No good course of action exists for the US involving the Kurds and the Turks. Let us not forget the US has nuclear weapons stored in Turkey as well. Do you really want to risk those falling into Erdogan's hands as well?

Yes, the Kurds are screwed. The US position in Syria has always been a weak one for the reasons I've already discussed.

If you think the US should have done something different, be specific and tell me exactly what you think that should be.

What possible course of action could the US have taken to stop Turkey?
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:23 am

If you think the US should have done something different, be specific and tell me exactly what you think that should be.

What possible course of action could the US have taken to stop Turkey?

Well, I wouldn't have done anything suddenly, on a whim, without consulting commanders of my own troops and allies. I would have at least tried to provide a way out, an open exit corridor for civilians.

This wasn't a US mistake, it was an example of irresponsible leadership. The excuses given are simply unacceptable. I don't think that anyone who served with the Kurds wanted to leave. The fact is that Trump considers the Kurds disposable. Of course, it's easy to talk tough.

Whether this was a sound military or strategic decision is doubtful. The results have not shown that there are any benefits for US foreign policy. Iran and Russia will probably support the Kurds. IS will probably regain some strength, which is the exact opposite of why Trump sent troops in the first place. He just sent 2000 to Saudi Arabia.

Yep, there's no easy way out. There was only an easy way in, a way to look tough, with a promise to destroy IS in order to keep the US safe. Then, after ditching the Kurds --after their thousands of losses-- claiming that they weren't there on Normandy with "us."

But, getting back to your question about what the US could do to stop Turkey. Think about that. I thought we were the superpower. How could Turkey threaten to attack us or US troops? What was Erdogan's thinking? What did he think of Trump's threat to destroy Turkey's economy? Ok, let's ignore the fact that Turkey is part of a much larger economy. If the US can't do anything against Turkey, then it certainly can't do anything against Russia, China, India, Pakistan, or NK. Yeah, we can threaten Iran, but it has a bigger military than Turkey. So, the whole episode is demonstrating the extent of our weakness and loss of influence. You know, deterrence through strength.

It is an utter shitshow on all levels without even counting the immediate human cost. But, let's see whether the Kurds seek assistance from other European NATO members and get it. Erdogan threatens to flood the continent with refugees. Though, if we don't do anything, why would any smaller nation risk it?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:12 am

First off people keep saying this was a sudden event. It was not. Erdogan had been openly stating he wanted to go into northern Syria to deal with the Kurds for over a year. The US had been telling him not to. We had been keeping forces in northern Syria to both prevent this and contain ISIS. Erdogan called our bluff.

I've already stated why the US will not attack Turkey. Several thousand US servicemen, and the before mentioned nuclear weapons, are on the ground in Turkey. All of that would be sacrificed to kinetically defend the Kurds. Any of which would cause an all out war with Erdogan's forces. President Trump has been equally clear that he will not do this.

As for going into Syria in the first place, it was absolutely necessary to contain ISIS after the collapse of western Iraq.

The world is an imperfect place populated by jerks like Erdogan. Sometimes we make deals with them for a greater purpose. Sometimes those don't work out. People tend to die when it doesn't.

Erdogan has a hardon for killing Kurds. A free transit zone out of the area would appear unlikely for this reason. Barring kinetic action against the Turks, I can see no course of action that would have prevented this. The US is not currently postured in the region to take on the Turkish military. None of that even addresses the political ramifications of attacking another NATO member. Incidentally a NATO member that has been a long term supplier of personnel to the Afghanistan mission and a number of other coalition efforts involving the US.

Are you suggesting the US should go to war with Erdogan?

As for dealing with those other states, you just perfectly described the difficulty in doing so. Short of military action and trade penalties very little is possible. And military action against any of them comes at a high cost. The US is the superpower. But that strength is largely the result of military action. All of which is unlikely for reasons I've already mentioned.
Last edited by Peacedog on Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic