TrumpThrows Kurds Under the Bus After They Take on IS

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: TrumpThrows Kurds Under the Bus After They Take on IS

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:03 pm

-loco-

All I can imagine is that he is looking for a job.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:37 pm

Well, we've yet to see if the withdrawal is strategically good for the US or Israel. And, the Col. makes a lot of other points that haven't been echoed by his superiors. But, sticking to the issue of IS. Turning the problem over to Turkey seems like giving up on the problem, not solving it.

However, ya can'[t have it both ways. Whatever happens is Trump's responsibility. If IS resurges, it's not because of Turkey's inability to stop them. There are thousands more of the on the loose because of the withdrawal. That's not Turkey's fault. It was the Kurds who had the IS fighters and supporters imprisoned.

But, at any rate, it's not necessary to lie or make up fake excuses. Trump abandoned the Kurds. Erdogan attacked. No AMericans were harmed (afawk), but no troops were brought home. The Kurds will seek allies, but they obviously won't be our allies. So, there's no need to predict what is happening.

Oh yeah, I noticed that the Col pointed out that some Kurds were bad guys. The prez said the same thing, but it's just an ad hominem to legitimize abandoning them. Remember, the prez has also said that the US isn't so nice. True, but it makes his argument about the Kurds irrelevant. The Col. didn't mention Erdogan's quest for nukes. If the Col is right, then Iran will definitely want one too; and, if that happens, Saudi Arabia will want one.

Btw, it's easy to say that someone's been checkmated, and it sounds very final. But, that's because it always happens at the end of the game. We are definitely in the middle, if not the beginning. Sure, if one considers retreat a victory, then we're winning. It just seems more like we're out of the game and are just kibbitzers. (I mean the US, not RSF either. That's taken for granted).
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:22 pm

This will definitaely create more problems for the future!
The Peninsula Arabs against the Iranians and the Turks with Syria/Iran positively a wedge between both parties Turk and Arab and the ISIS/alQaeda can depend/rely on US quitting on everyone.
Western chess strategy is OK but weiqi (Go) and the strategic battlefield positioning (taking of land and using scorched earth policy) can backfire as easy as a benefit that was gained through land acquisition.
Stay tened for the Horror of War ;D
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Trick on Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:46 am

Steve James wrote: Ok, so there's nothing wrong with pointing out His lies now.
whenever has that been wrong to do? If he has lied, he has lied. If there are arguments he’s not a liar, then those arguments will be presented. You pointed out he’s an liver, I pointed out basically all politicians are more or less....Did we lie 8-)
Trick

Postby grzegorz on Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:47 am

Already hearing the jokes, "You are running faster than Trump out of Syria."

IS in 30 days. Holy Fook! People thought that was real?

First off the Kurds were the ones fighting IS snd they lost over 11,000.

Sure enough Trump set IS free. IS will be around forever now.

Russians are playing videos of Americans abandoning their posts like insects and Erdogan did not even hang an American flag for Pence.

IS runs free.

Promises made...

Glad my active duty buddies are waking up.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:34 pm

Mattis put is best after the jokes of course.

grzegorz wrote:BURN!!!

Watch "Mattis mocks Trump's bone spurs during Al Smith dinner speech" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/g_sG7N7pJ6g
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:33 pm

General Mazloum Abdi, the pre-eminent military leader of the Syrian Kurds, thanked President Donald Trump on Wednesday for his efforts in stopping a Turkish offensive and negotiating a cease-fire.

Developing events.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:00 pm

Hmm, I thought it was Erdogan and Putin who negotiated the cease fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4HuLVLOl-A
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:05 pm

. General Mazloum Abdi, the pre-eminent military leader of the Syrian Kurds, thanked President Donald Trump on Wednesday for his efforts in stopping a Turkish offensive and negotiating a cease-fire.

General Mazloum, who leads the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), issued his statement shortly after the president announced the U.S. was lifting economic sanctions on Turkey in return for its commitment to a “permanent” cease-fire.

Yes, it's quite strange why would the general thank President Trump.

Maybe as someone suggested he s bending himself in a pretzel. That's got to be it

On the other hand,,,looks like the Col. got it right....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hPZszq ... e=youtu.be
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:09 pm

windwalker wrote:
. General Mazloum Abdi, the pre-eminent military leader of the Syrian Kurds, thanked President Donald Trump on Wednesday for his efforts in stopping a Turkish offensive and negotiating a cease-fire.

General Mazloum, who leads the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), issued his statement shortly after the president announced the U.S. was lifting economic sanctions on Turkey in return for its commitment to a “permanent” cease-fire.

Yes, it's quite strange why would the general thank President Trump.

Maybe as someone suggested he s bending himself in a pretzel. That's got to be it

I copied the citation into duckduckgo, and the first instance was Breitbart. You can do the same. The reports that followed seemed to use Breitbart as a source. I'm not denying the report, or even saying that the source is true or not.

I am saying that there should be plenty of reports from the Kurds thanking Trump for the withdrawal and its consequences. Though, a ceasefire is not a resolution. It's a positive step because it will hopefully prevent further attacks by Turkey.

Re: lifting the sanctions; if I were Erdogan, I'd be satisfied. He did exactly what he said he was going to do, got the territory he wanted, and didn't get sanctioned (or have Turkey's economy destroyed). Ok, he didn't get to eliminate the Kurdish people, but the're the ones who suffered anyway. It's fine if they don't particularly matter, but it doesn't change the results this has had on them.

On another note, I wouldn't be surprised if the US decides to reduce funding to the Ukraine. Oh well, it'll be interesting to see what happens if Putin decides to stretch his muscles there. Otoh, I'm not so sure I'm against the idea of Russia and China taking more control globally.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:40 pm

Steve James wrote:I copied the citation into duckduckgo, and the first instance was Breitbart. You can do the same. The reports that followed seemed to use Breitbart as a source. I'm not denying the report, or even saying that the source is true or not.

oh forgot the link...https://www.breitbart.com/national-secu ... nks-trump/

I am saying that there should be plenty of reports from the Kurds thanking Trump for the withdrawal and its consequences. Though, a ceasefire is not a resolution. It's a positive step because it will hopefully prevent further attacks by Turkey.

Its still a new event, the mainstream news along with many other sites, don't report a lot of things positive for Trump...

A Syrian Kurdish commander says the truce with Turkey would not have been possible without the efforts of U.S. President Donald Trump.

Commander Mazloum Abdi’s comments were tweeted Wednesday by his force’s spokesman as Trump made his announcement that the cease-fire between Turkey and the Syrian Kurds will be permanent. Abdi said Trump promised to maintain the U.S. partnership with the Kurdish-led forces and continue long-term support.

Russia’s Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu assured Kurdish military chief Mazlum Abdi in Wednesday’s call that the Russian military police, who began patrolling the area, will guarantee security for civilians in the border zone. Shoigu also promised to beef up the Russian patrols.

Abdu thanked Russia for helping to end the fighting and to protect the Kurdish people, according to the Russian Defense Ministry.

https://www.apnews.com/b8915488cc054b938e4fcfdaf161ac96
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:50 pm

Mazloum Abdi, the commander of the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), made the comment in an interview broadcast on Kurdish-language Ronahi TV on Wednesday.

Abdi, who said he had a phone call with the US president, said Russia would guarantee the SDF's agreement with Damascus.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/10/ ... 35086.html

lets see how it works out
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:37 pm

Sure. Let's hope there are are no more attacks. My point was only that the ceasefire was brokered by Putin and Erdogan, and that Erdogan got what he wanted without being sanctioned. The Kurds lost "their land," and I have to believe that they wanted it and want it back. This cease-fire is still a temporary victory at best. There will need to be negotiations to arrive at a treaty. Hopefully, the cease-fire will hold; but, it's Russia (acc/to Aldi) who guarantees the agreement and promises protect the Kurdish people.

Frankly, I don't know the benefit of Russia (already allied with Syria) becoming the major influence over Turkey. I do recall the worries voiced when Putin inserted troops into Syria. Remember, there were some conflicts between Russian and US forces, with casualties. Maybe Putin may be a stabilizing influence. We'll see if Erdogan ignores him.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:15 am

Trump's supporters make the best pretzels.

I read that Erdogan took Trump's letter as a slap in the face.
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic