"I paid $300/hour for the VIP experience at Disney"

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

"I paid $300/hour for the VIP experience at Disney"

Postby everything on Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:37 pm

This article is really about "skipping the line" in many ways (no line at Disney, first class flights, donating $25 million to Stanford to get them to take a closer look at your child's admissions application, etc.)
https://www.businessinsider.com/how-mon ... dxC_KkXCDc

We've all probably "skipped a line" through something like FastPass at Disney, "status" in frequent flyer programs, HOV lanes, TSA precheck, etc., and this article doesn't really even go into all the "hidden" lines that exist. It just takes a brief look at whether this even makes sense and how it goes on and on. Everyone wants to "skip a line" and once people get more and more money, they try to pay to skip more and more. Even gerrymandering is really this skipping of a line to a twisted, corrupt degree - picking your voters so you stay in power, instead of voters picking you.

The book presumably goes into much more interesting details. https://www.amazon.com/How-Money-Became ... 8&qid=&sr=
Last edited by everything on Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: "I paid $300/hour for the VIP experience at Disney"

Postby origami_itto on Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:41 pm

Most illegal things that come with a fine aren't really illegal if you can afford the penalty, are they?
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby everything on Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:06 pm

Yeah sad truth
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:04 pm

No lines at Hong Kong Disney these days I hear.
Michael

Postby cloudz on Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:05 pm

Hey,

There’s this guy called ramit seti (sic)
He writes about living your ‘rich life’..
he’s from USA does book tours and has a best seller

Your post title reminded of some of what he preaches
Believe; experiences matter more than things..
check him out h s pretty cool
Don’t be afraid to spend on what will fullfill your life

X
Last edited by cloudz on Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby everything on Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:12 pm

I would maybe be willing to shell out $300 for only one hour, but "skipping the line" is probably more of a social commentary rather than advice on spending for worthwhile experiences or how to get the wealth to "skip the line". OTOH, I don't mind getting rich enough to skip some lines.
everything
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:57 pm

Here's the latest ride at Shanghai Disney. Lines are surprisingly short. Enjoy!

This "ride" will be the future once our corporate sponsors, such as Disney complete the integration between East and West. This fella received this tour simply because he talked a little smack about the police in a wechat group with 75 people. I'm sure it was hate speech and all, but still seems a little harsh.
Michael

Postby Trick on Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:36 am

Well not Disney but still an American cultural kind of VIP experience....

Back in the late 80’s I’m on a tight budget found myself at the end of a long long line leading to the very first KFC in China that just had its grand opening. It was also the very first time I would have a try eating at an KFC.

Some kind of guard came up to me took an hold on my arm and lead me past the long queue of envying stares and up to the entrance, I ashamedly protested a little but was pushed inside by the smilingly guard.
Trick

Postby liokault on Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:15 am

I was put in a wheel chair and pushed past vast crowd of people in Bangkok Airport last year. Missed the crowd, fast tracked past security, didn't get out of the chair or empty pockets.

Best $5 I ever spent.
liokault
Great Old One

Postby cloudz on Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:47 pm

liokault wrote:I was put in a wheel chair and pushed past vast crowd of people in Bangkok Airport last year. Missed the crowd, fast tracked past security, didn't get out of the chair or empty pockets.

Best $5 I ever spent.

What a great idea !
Must try that one day
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic