Report from Shanghai

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Report from Shanghai

Postby Trick on Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:25 am

So today’s yahoo news say that Italy are to impose massive quarantine measures , involving a quarter of the population, hope it works out as smoothly as it has here in china
Trick

Postby Trick on Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:51 am

today at lunchtime i noticed something unusual, or actually something was as usual....the lunch ive ordered for home delivery surprised me coming knocking at my door instead of giving a call saying they are down at the gate-come and pick up your food- as it has been now for several weeks....also sittin on my balcony i saw two guys not wearing 'mouth protection/mask' which in these days seem quite unusual......however didnt think more about it. but after dinner i went out for a walk and surprise again, no restrictions moving in or out the gate to my living area. shops and restaurant and barbershops(two weeks ago i cut my hair with an household scissor ;) ) open as usual in the neighborhood......
Trick

Postby everything on Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:45 pm

Schools closed in Seattle, some festivals and conferences cancelled or going virtual only.

My employer banned non essential travel, and we are going more remote/working from home.

Other than that, I’m not sure of what measures will be in place here in the USA. Someone delivered some items to me from Costco. I had to sign on her phone, and she touched my hand when giving me the items...washed my hands right after!!! Cute delivery driver, but don’t touch my hands LOL.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby vadaga on Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:01 pm

WHO says that mouth masks are only a placebo unless one is sick...
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby Taste of Death on Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:36 pm

vadaga wrote:WHO says that mouth masks are only a placebo unless one is sick...

Masks prevent the transmission of the virus to other people if the mask-wearer has it. Masks prevent the wearer from touching their mouth and nose if they don't have it and don't want to get it. But most authorities advise to not wear a mask. Masks are suddenly in short supply and when people who are in high-risk jobs, etc. cannot acquire one it doesn't make sense to stockpile them in case there is a mega-pandemic. This virus only kills old people with underlying conditions. If you are not old and sick, stop panicking. [side note: why is there a 'k' in panicking when we spell it 'panic'?]
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby Trick on Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:53 am

from reading msm of europe it seem they support panicking scenario, panic sell.....About face/mouth masks, manufacturing is quick as copying machine spitting out copies.......however here in china some "criminal gangs* has quickly taken advantage of the virus fear...police in beijing has cracked down on several "counterfeit" face mask production sites....last month police confiscated some 500 000 masks at one such "factory".......those masks are said do not follow the standard regulations set by chinise health ministry so are of poor quality and useless.
Trick

Postby Trick on Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:02 am

just a month or so ago swedes were 'evacuated' from wuhan, one student interviued at the swedish television expressed relief about not have to wear face mask now(then) back to sweden......however now it seem that sweden is the one country exept from italy where the virus is spreading quickest, just in a few days some 300 infected confirmed, yesterday 60 confirmed
Trick

Postby windwalker on Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:12 am

Trick wrote:just a month or so ago swedes were 'evacuated' from wuhan, one student interviued at the swedish television expressed relief about not have to wear face mask now(then) back to sweden......however now it seem that sweden is the one country exept from italy where the virus is spreading quickest, just in a few days some 300 infected confirmed, yesterday 60 confirmed

If they wanted to stay could they stay,
or was it mandatory that they leave?
windwalker
Wuji

Postby everything on Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:47 am

so many usa universities switching to online for now. I suppose this generation of students is more used to online everything, at least.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Taste of Death on Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:31 pm

We had our last day of in-class instruction today here at the University of California, Santa Cruz. All classes other than those that require in-person attendance such as labs, etc. will be held online via Zoom. We've been Zooming for a couple weeks already due to the TA wildcat strike that is spreading UC-wide faster than the coronavirus.
Last edited by Taste of Death on Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It was already late. Night stood murkily over people, and no one else pronounced words; all that could be heard was a dog barking in some alien village---just as in olden times, as if it existed in a constant eternity." Andrey Platonov
Taste of Death
Wuji

Postby Trick on Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:26 am

windwalker wrote:
Trick wrote:just a month or so ago swedes were 'evacuated' from wuhan, one student interviued at the swedish television expressed relief about not have to wear face mask now(then) back to sweden......however now it seem that sweden is the one country exept from italy where the virus is spreading quickest, just in a few days some 300 infected confirmed, yesterday 60 confirmed

If they wanted to stay could they stay,
or was it mandatory that they leave?

no not mandatory, some swedes stayed, they are still in wuhan.......not infected.
Trick

Postby Trick on Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:34 am

everything wrote:so many usa universities switching to online for now. I suppose this generation of students is more used to online everything, at least.

the evacuated swede that was interviewed when back home by the swedish tv continue her studies with the wuhan university online.......its my guess that this will catch on quite quick and soon be the norm....perhaps even at highschool level.
Trick

Postby windwalker on Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:49 pm

Thought some of the Chinese readers here dealing with TCM
might find this interesting. TCM herbal remedy

中央电视总台四套5号20点钟播河南省通許县人民医院用纯中药治新冠肺炎100%治好而全院沒有再感染人员。
所用预防药:1.甘姜茶.:甘草10克,干姜,l0克,大枣适量。2,桂枝汤,在干姜茶基础上加白术l0克茯苓l0克。
每天泡茶吃就能预防新冠肺炎。希望大家都用预防。
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Trick on Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:54 am

got informatin yesterday that Anhui(province i live in) zero cases of corona virus, and today i read that outside Wuhan the rest of Hubei province zero cases for a week now, but could find no info on Wuhan, but as it seem to be going very well in the right direction in the areas surrounding Wuhan i think the city is also seeing things going in the right direction..........About herbs and stuff to prevent infection, i read the other day that green tea works well, so lucky me i drink it every day 8-)
Trick

Postby Trick on Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:00 am

however elsewhere i read that the corona virus doesnt like alkaline
Trick

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic