new thread on covid-19 updates in your location

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: new thread on covid-19 updates in your location

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sat May 02, 2020 7:32 pm

...we can dance,,,

;D

Like, you are going to say some other embarassing stuff?
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sat May 02, 2020 7:37 pm

windwalker
Wuji

Postby bailewen on Sat May 02, 2020 11:45 pm

windwalker wrote:why not try to be productive and add to the conversation / dialogue

For such a patriot, you sure do love Russian talking points.

The administration has been criminally negligent in response to the virus. As recently reported in the Washington Post, the president was briefed nearly a dozen times on the danger of the coronavirus in early January, but he lied to the public, claiming it was not a danger all the way up until March.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... y-damning/

The previous video was from "China in Focus", which is actually part of the well known religious cult Falungong.

It's a nice attempt at changing the topic.

Dodging responsibility.
Blaming others.
Useless.

But actually on topic...

Here in China, school is back in session (aside from this labor day holiday)

The public parks are open now too, just with shorter hours, and you still have to scan your phone's spyware QR code to get in, so that sucks.

I also noticed Chinese ambassadors have started openly mocking the President of the United States on social media now, so there's that. :-\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmik8Ib7-LU
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun May 03, 2020 6:10 am

bailewen wrote:
windwalker wrote:why not try to be productive and add to the conversation / dialogue

For such a patriot, you sure do love Russian talking points.

The administration has been criminally negligent in response to the virus. As recently reported in the Washington Post, the president was briefed nearly a dozen times on the danger of the coronavirus in early January, but he lied to the public, claiming it was not a danger all the way up until March.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... y-damning/

The previous video was from "China in Focus", which is actually part of the well known religious cult Falungong.

well known by who ? how many people on RSF know this, does it matter, just another information source to me,

It's a nice attempt at changing the topic.

Dodging responsibility.
Blaming others.
Useless.

But actually on topic...

Here in China, school is back in session (aside from this labor day holiday)

The public parks are open now too, just with shorter hours, and you still have to scan your phone's spyware QR code to get in, so that sucks.

I also noticed Chinese ambassadors have started openly mocking the President of the United States on social media now, so there's that. :-\

lets see how this works

need to scan your phone, to get into a park mmm ok...how high tech.

China has started ranking citizens with a creepy 'social credit' system — here's what you can do wrong, and the embarrassing, demeaning ways they can punish you

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-s ... ned-2018-4

guess the old social score needs improving

use the WP as a reliable information source :-\

lets try another source

U.S. officials familiar with spy agency reporting told The Washington Post that the reports did not clarify when the virus might spread in the U.S. or recommend specific steps to prevent an outbreak, but they did track the international spread of the coronavirus and warn that China was initially dismissing the seriousness of what is now a pandemic.

While President Trump did take early action to close the border to any travelers from China, where the coronavirus first appeared, the White House was slow to make test kits available and ceded much of the response to state governments.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4 ... rus-threat

Esper was asked Sunday on ABC News’s This Week if the Pentagon received an intelligence assessment on the coronavirus in November. Esper said he did not recall, but that he would have known if such an assessment was briefed to the National Security Council in December.

“I’m not aware of that,” he said.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... -november/

regardless actions take by the administration where citized by those now saying they didn't take action soon enough.

test kits

The first confirmed case of COVID-19 in the United States came at the end of January, when a man in Washington state developed symptoms after returning from a trip to Wuhan

For laboratory-developed tests, like the ones in question, FDA policy has stated that they cannot be used in clinical diagnoses without the FDA’s approval during an emergency.

Although the goal of these regulations is to ensure only accurate lab tests are conducted, health officials have said they prevented them from quickly responding to the virus

Crenshaw said in a tweet that longstanding FDA regulations “created barriers to the private industry creating a test quickly” for the coronavirus.

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200320 ... oronavirus

Korea did not have this problem with their FDA equivalent

South Korea took a risk, releasing briskly vetted tests, then circling back later to spot check their effectiveness. By contrast, the United States’ FDA said it wanted to ensure, upfront, that the tests were accurate before they went out to millions of Americans.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN2153BW

you might try reading many information sources to get a better understanding instead of only those
you happen to agree with.
Last edited by windwalker on Sun May 03, 2020 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun May 03, 2020 6:14 am

Kitchen sink.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun May 03, 2020 6:32 am

Steve James wrote:Kitchen sink.

you missed all his talking points.

Here’s one

”Criminally negligent“

Sounds so scary. :o
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sun May 03, 2020 7:23 am

Have to wonder about someone who needs to use their cell phone to enter a park.
Has to use a VPN to watch YouTube videos, or other information :-X

Talks the normal shit about the US while extolling the virtues of China’s
Reaction to a virus that in all likelihood escaped from one of their labs.

Given the benefit of the doubt they either cannot access all information, their inner bias does not let allow them to question the information they can access.

Or their social credit score is very low :P

Could be

Kind of strange but understandable.
Last edited by windwalker on Sun May 03, 2020 7:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby everything on Sun May 03, 2020 8:22 am

bailewen wrote:I also noticed Chinese ambassadors have started openly mocking the President of the United States on social media now, so there's that. :-\

hilarious, sad, tragic.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun May 03, 2020 11:37 am

Says it all.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby bailewen on Sun May 03, 2020 3:34 pm

windwalker wrote:
bailewen wrote:The public parks are open now too, just with shorter hours, and you still have to scan your phone's spyware QR code to get in, so that sucks.

lets see how this works

need to scan your phone, to get into a park mmm ok...how high tech.

I guess you missed the part where I said, and I quote, "so that sucks".

China has started ranking citizens with a creepy 'social credit' system — ...*yawn*

And in other breaking news, it has recently been discovered that China is a communist country with no right to privacy and no right to free speech.

We can start another thread on how China is evolving into a creepy dystopian technocratic autocracy, and I will probably agree with you on most points there.

And not matter how nasty their political system, amazingly, the US still has done an incredibly bad job that has cost tens of thousands of lives.

Maybe if China starts a rounding up political protesters and shooting them in the street, some of the 68,000 dead (so far) US citizens will come back to life?
www.xiangwuhui.com

bailewen
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun May 03, 2020 4:34 pm

windwalker wrote:Reaction to a virus that in all likelihood escaped from one of their labs.

-lol-

You can blame the Chinese all you want and I am sure you will but it doesn't explain the US non-response.

grzegorz wrote:Image
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun May 03, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun May 03, 2020 5:30 pm

Omar,

The most embarrassing thing is that it is only the US who trying to blame China.

At least the Russians are blaming Putin or at least holding him responsible for the moment which is saying a lot!

I would not worry about those blaming China. It is clearly a campaign strategy. Poor snowflake/draft dodger Trump is always the victim, right?

The best part of China's video is that the Trump wants to say it is all nothing and yet they say it's all China's fault. Well which is it?
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun May 03, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby bailewen on Sun May 03, 2020 6:03 pm

It is clearly a campaign strategy. Poor snowflake/draft dodger Trump is always the victim, right?

Not exactly. I'm not sure if you caught my throwaway comment about active measures earlier.

It's an the old soviet propaganda trick where you just need to introduce a term into the conversation hard enough that you change the topic to something you can argue more relevantly about.

During the Mueller investigation, Trump was tweeting daily and going on and on in the yellicopter conferences about how there was "no collusion" because he wasn't being investigated for collusion. Collusion isn't even a legal term. But he successfully suckered the media, along with more media watchers, into arguing if he was "colluding" with Russia. That's was a good trick. Then when the report came out and included a ton of evidence of criminal conspiracy, election crimes, money laundering, etc. it didn't matter because no one was talking about that stuff any more. We were all talking about "collusion", which was not in the report.

So now he's running the same play. As long he can get everyone arguing over if this was China's fault, we are not arguing about his criminally negligent response. It doesn't matter if we decide China is to blame or not. Either way, Trump wins, as all he needs to do is change to story. If it's China's fault, he can play the victim. If it's not China's fault, then it was just a natural tragedy and he can still play the victim. Either way, he has tricked people into ignoring his role.

It's a campaign strategy alright. I just see it as a bit more clever than that. One thing he is a master at is controlling media narratives.
www.xiangwuhui.com

bailewen
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun May 03, 2020 6:16 pm

Right, we are in agreement and he may get re-elected. My point is only the hardcore Trump supporters are parroting this line.

I work with and deal with Trump supporters. From what I see those who voted for him who are not right wing fanatics now see him for who he is and gave up on him due to the pandemic response.

The fact is even "they" don't believe this bullshit. They're just trying to control the narrative after saying it was just the flu for weeks. What else are they going to do? Admit they were wrong? -lol-

Just my 2 cents.

Some people would vote for Trump even if he shot someone on 5th Avenue but most I know who preferred him over Clinton would not.

Personally I would vote Biden even if he shot Trump on 5th Avenue. :D
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun May 03, 2020 6:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun May 03, 2020 6:31 pm

The best example are the small businesses. The Republican small business owner just saw the treasury robbed to serve the big businesses while they go bankrupt and out of business. If that doesn't wake you up then nothing will.

Trump is angry about his poll numbers. And he has very good reason to be.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... reason-be/

Last edited by grzegorz on Sun May 03, 2020 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic