new thread on covid-19 updates in your location

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: new thread on covid-19 updates in your location

Postby everything on Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:59 am

Oh that's great news!
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:22 am

Yes, I think it may go back up because of the demonstrations. I was downtown on my bike yesterday. Most of the protesters walking were wearing masks.

It's also interesting to see that unemployment is going down. I'd say that a lot has to do with workers moving to businesses that were considered essential and to businesses opportunities that are emerging. Wall Street loves it, but it puts the lie to the claim that people prefer unemployment.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:32 am

Soooo amaaazing that covid deaths subsided during the protests when all the CDC guidelines were not being followed by the greatest number of people.
Michael

Postby windwalker on Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:43 am

Michael wrote:Soooo amaaazing that covid deaths subsided during the protests when all the CDC guidelines were not being followed by the greatest number of people.

I think it may go back up because of the demonstrations.

What’s amazing, one could be arrested for not following quarantine guidelines.
rioting is ok.

In 14 days or so we should know
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:52 am

Michael wrote:Soooo amaaazing that covid deaths subsided during the protests when all the CDC guidelines were not being followed by the greatest number of people.

Ha. Still don't understand do you. What happens today is the result of what people did a week to two weeks ago. So, no deaths today is the result of what was done two weeks ago. If there's an increase in hospitalizations, it won't happen right away.

Secondly, many of the protesters everywhere are taking "some" precautions. Many aren't, but some of them weren't doing it anyway.

Thirdly, if you've been paying attention, you'll recall that I said that the places with the most cases would be the first to heal too. The statistics have been going down steadily HERE. Yet, we obviously have more infected individuals.

Finally, even if the rates of hospitalizations increases, it'll just increase herd immunity. As you have been fond of pointing out, the disease is not that dangerous. It's only deadly to a small percentage of people. So, my uninformed guess is that hospitalizations will increase somewhat --but would have anyway because things HERE were opening back up. However, the majority of the nation's cases will come in places that had not been as affected earlier.

The people walking in the demonstrations --and I've been there-- are younger and walk for miles. You won't find many elderly people --except some like me. So, putting on my danger hat, the threat is really that they will spread the virus.

PS. It's really interesting how two weeks ago, people were complaining about being forced to stay inside. They demanded the right to take chances with their lives and the lives of others. They even criticized "first responders" and hospital staff. "Give me liberty or give me death" was on some of their signs, along with "Don't tread on me." Moses in the WH almost said "Let my people go."

Ah, but now, there's finally a fence around the WH --so he can check on his groceries in the basement bunker. Funny, two weeks ago, people were misquoting Jefferson, and saying that "When the government fears the people, there is liberty..." But, next week, it's gonna be "Those protesters are spreading the virus." Yep, all those thousands of people who were willing to avoid large gatherings for the sake of others. Selfish libtards. Right.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:32 am

Steve, that explanation only makes sense in the tiny spaces between the plot holes of the totally inconsistent framework of a narrative whose pillars have all been reversed and disagreed with by the scientists whose predictions have been wrong from the beginning.

What is happening is moreso the phenomenon of when crude oil prices fluctuate far away, but the price at the pump changes very quickly and not at all in relation to the actual time required to transport oil, refine it, transport fuel, and get it to the station.

Secondly, many of the protesters everywhere are taking "some" precautions.

I know, I know. It's just so marvelous that obscuring one's identity in order to loot is also good for stopping the virus.

The people walking in the demonstrations --and I've been there-- are younger and walk for miles.

Up until a week ago, these would have been murderers who killed grandma, unless they were a governor forcing covid positives onto her at the nursing home because then it's okay.
Michael

Postby roger hao on Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:35 am

So to be clear - you are saying that 2 weeks ago people had enough
of shelter in place and today zero deaths.

But never mind that now we have a stake in the ground - just check back
on 6/18/2020 and we have our answer.

Zero deaths - virus is not that dangerous
Increase in hospitalization - it got spread by protests
Last edited by roger hao on Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
roger hao

Postby Steve James on Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:33 am

Actually, there were deaths in NYS, just not the city.
So, the city was doing something that caused the rate of deaths to decrease. The people who die were also sick for a while. They may have been on life support for two weeks or more.

Last week, remember, people were hitting the beaches in Fl and CA for Memorial Day weekend. There were warnings of a second wave then. But, we'll have to see.

Oh yeah, people have been very willing to sacrifice the elderly and inmates. Ya can't shut the country down. The economy is important. Well, don't worry about the virus now. Demand to go back to work. Go out and protest your grievance.

Frankly, I'm ready to go outside without a mask. It's time to start traveling.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby roger hao on Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:53 am

Steve -
Do it.

I am buying August flights to Brazil.

Because of the nannying on this site I didn't say before....
I have been using Hydrogen Peroxide in my water pic LOL
Also since the start we have been socializing - Sunday bike
rides on the Harleys out to Bandera - no masks - beer - BBQ.
Having family over. But..............prophylacting up to go to the
grocery store. We have some people in Porto Seguro that caught it and
and some in Porto that died.
Hydroxyquinine being used there thanks to Dear President Bolsanaro.
Sister in law was in the hospital and recovered and release. She
went to Victoria fro a real estate transaction and we think she took no
precautions.
roger hao

Postby Steve James on Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:00 pm

So um gripizinho, ele acha. Vemos. Nao olha bem.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby roger hao on Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:28 pm

I meant to add that I got tested for Covid last Thursday and negative.

Next week I do anti-body test.
roger hao

Postby Steve James on Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:58 pm

Hopefully, it'll slow down in Brazil. If you've got the antibodies already, I think that'd be lucky.

It's getting worse in parts of Mexico, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_58Q0H7KoI
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby everything on Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:07 pm

Whaaat when did you guys say it’s not that dangerous?
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:33 pm

everything wrote:Whaaat when did you guys say it’s not that dangerous?

It's still dangerous, fer sure.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:09 am

Peacedog
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic