new thread on covid-19 updates in your location

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: new thread on covid-19 updates in your location

Postby wiesiek on Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:10 am

Steve James wrote:Fwiw, anything that disperses or destroys fat cells will kill the virus. That includes bleach and alcohol (>75%). Viruses are covered by a lipid fat layer. When that's gone, they die. So, h2o2 isn't special.

Yes Steve, and even of course ,
BUT
not to the end :
do you dare to rinse your nose or throat by 75% alc?, not to mention by bleach...(you mean chlorox? ;D /
In addition compare the price. 8-)
H202 has some even more interesting usage possibility and I will write more about it one day.
So
Steve, you are wrong in the last word - H2o2 is somehow special, particularly during microbes attack.
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Trick on Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:51 am

wiesiek wrote:.(she get sample of the virus from Italy and is able to detect

You mean this virus is not just supposedly hopping from people to people, but are actually also deliberatetly sent around between countries by the mail ?
Trick

Postby Steve James on Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:22 am

Yeah, don't rinse with chlorox. You can drink 75% alcohol. Purcell and hand sanitizer are alcohol based. Hydrogen peroxide isn't the only thing that kills viruses. That's all I meant. If it's slowing the spread of the virus, great.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:58 am

AFA the current numbers for the states. We started here:

COVID-19: U.S. at a Glance* Saturday (2/14/20)
Total cases: 1,629
Total deaths: 41

Total cases: *143,724 Monday 3/29
Total deaths: *2,593

Total cases: *164,539 Tuesday 3/30
Total deaths: *3,164

Total cases: *189,633 Wednesday 4/1
Total deaths: *4,081

Total cases: *216,722 Thursday
Total deaths: *5,137 (2.3%)

Flattening the curve will mean that 1,000 people are expected to die today.

Btw, don't have a heart attack in the city. EMS workers have been told not to take cardiac arrest patients to the hospital. If they can't be resuscitated on scene, they are to be declared dead. No April Fools.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:28 am

Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:40 am

Thx. Good to know.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:53 am

Hey Michael, did you read that in NYC, if a patient with cardiac arrest can't be revived in the ambulance, he is declared dead and not admitted to hospital. That won't be reported as a death from the virus.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby wiesiek on Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:34 pm

Trick wrote:
wiesiek wrote:.(she get sample of the virus from Italy and is able to detect

You mean this virus is not just supposedly hopping from people to people, but are actually also deliberatetly sent around between countries by the mail ?

`cmon Trick,
viruses don`t jump nor riding the bikes...
sample wasn`t send by mail, it was scientist/doc info exchange . It just happened by incident (my GF is chemistry professor ) , that I`m so close to the front line.
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:47 pm

Steve James wrote:Yeah, don't rinse with chlorox. You can drink 75% alcohol. Purcell and hand sanitizer are alcohol based. Hydrogen peroxide isn't the only thing that kills viruses. That's all I meant. If it's slowing the spread of the virus, great.

wow, Steve, didn`t know ,that you have Russian roots... :D
Just remember, before you drinking 75% booz take deep breath
8-)
and two more thing: after drink it is no 75% any longer.
Hydrogen peroxide (3%) taken internally still workin`on the surfaces body cells.
Last edited by wiesiek on Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:21 pm

today report:
2946 infected
57 deaths
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:51 pm

wiesiek wrote:
Steve James wrote:Yeah, don't rinse with chlorox. You can drink 75% alcohol. Purcell and hand sanitizer are alcohol based. Hydrogen peroxide isn't the only thing that kills viruses. That's all I meant. If it's slowing the spread of the virus, great.

wow, Steve, didn`t know ,that you have Russian roots... :D
Just remember, before you drinking 75% booz take deep breath
8-)
and two more thing: after drink it is no 75% any longer.
Hydrogen peroxide (3%) taken internally still workin`on the surfaces body cells.

The virus can come in through the tears and tear ducts. Imo, if you wanted to kill the virus with h2o2, you should rinse your nostrils with it, and anywhere the virus might have entered. This is the internet so it might be true, but the virus binds with lung cells. I just mentioned drinking 151 (rum), or overproof liquor, or "moonshine," is very possible. However, I imagined that the alcohol would be for sanitizing surfaces, not internally.

Nothing against using peroxide, btw. But, for your hands, soap is just as good. This is the serious thread, but it's on the internet so find the best source you can.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby bailewen on Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:07 pm

Steve James wrote:
The virus can come in through the tears and tear ducts. Imo, if you wanted to kill the virus with h2o2, you should rinse your nostrils with it, and anywhere the virus might have entered. This is the internet so it might be true, but the virus binds with lung cells. I just mentioned drinking 151 (rum), or overproof liquor, or "moonshine," is very possible. However, I imagined that the alcohol would be for sanitizing surfaces, not internally.

Speaking as someone who has had 75% alcohol with dinner...it can be surprisingly smooth.

Was a Korean BBQ place in Xi'an that had it on the menu. Actually went down much easier than most of the 50-55% stuff that is more common in China.

You couldn't order a bottle though. It was on the menu by the ounce (the 两 technically, approx an ounce).

You drink a couple ounces, think your fine for like 10 minutes, then...oh boy...
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
bailewen
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:54 pm

You drink a couple ounces, think your fine for like 10 minutes, then...oh boy..

A couple of ounces! LOL. Yep, it can be very smooth, in little sips. Too fast, and it tears the o2 from my throat. Every Caribbean country has its own version of overproof. They test it by spilling some on the ground and tossing a match on it. Anyway, I usually mix it with something like juice. Then it becomes dangerous because I won't taste it, but I'll feel it. :)

I do keep some as part of my go bag because it has so many uses, and a little goes a long way. If I do get sick, I ain't going to no hospital. I'm gonna lay in bed and get zooted.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:07 pm

Steve, I read that about the cardiac arrest here when you posted it in another thread I think, but I did not read it from a news report. I'm actually cutting waaay back on my corona news since a few days ago. It really diverted my Great Lent focus and I'm getting back to that, but I do read RSF every day.

Too much sitting in front of the screen and too rainy for riding most days, so I took up weight lifting for the first time at a friend's home gym. So far, so good. He's got kettle bells.
Last edited by Michael on Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby everything on Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:18 pm

1. How do you like the KBs

2. How do you keep social distance, the iron sanitized etc?
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic