new thread on covid-19 updates in your location

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: new thread on covid-19 updates in your location

Postby everything on Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:59 pm

Here in NC, USA, there is a massive amount of pollen at the moment. OTOH, it's so nice outside that it's hard to to go enjoy it a little. It's making me sneeze and cough, which just slightly freaks me out a little bit. But since I'm stuck at home for work, it's mostly ok as long as I minimize the outdoors time.

One of my kids is on indefinite school leave so we have no idea if he gets to finish the year or if he will repeat it. What happens to the rising kindergarteners, I wonder. We definitely have no space to double the amount of K kids enrolled. Hmm. So many weird questions to answer.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby everything on Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:04 pm

grzegorz wrote:

Also here in California hate crimes against Asians are on the rise due to Trump blaming the Chinese so once again Fuck Trump.

I welcome those people to start shit with me but they won't because I look as crazy as I sound but if they do I would be happy to send these people to the hospital where they can get the corona virus.

Man that sucks. Sorry to hear that. Someone told my mom to "go to her country", no doubt due to thinking "Chinese virus". I do notice others (and myself) trying to make plenty of space if we are walking or biking around (not noticing it's race-related, though, as all colors are doing it all the time as far as I can see). Anxieties are just bringing out the racist crazies even more, though.

OTOH we had some food delivered, and the super young guy was too willing to stand super close to us. I mean like geez, just put the stuff down and walk 6 ft away, no offense taken!
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby shenxinhei on Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:47 pm

Hey Peacedog,

If you haven't yet, check out John Chen's stuff at Elotus. A treasure trove of exactly what tcm docs in China have been doing for Covid 19. Problem is that all the herbal companies are running short or out of all the antivirals like sang ju yin and stronger like da qing ye, ban lan geng etc.
shenxinhei
Santi

Postby vadaga on Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:38 am

Delivery and logistics services should be considered essential work however, so likely you will be very busy Greg.
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:00 am

Shenxinhei,

Thanks I'll take a look. I got hookedup with some of those formulas early from contacts.

That said, most of what I've been dealing with is the after effects once people are no longer clinically ill. Lots of deep seated phlegm and latent lung heat. Its been interesting.

And well aware of the problem with shortages. TCM is genius when you have access to the right stuff. I had to go online and source a bunch of teapills from third party suppliers as my normal source ran out of stuff.

Even Kamwo, the oldest and largest Chinese herbal pharmacy in the US, shut down for two days last week waiting for more supplies to get in and to catch up on orders. And we haven't even hit the peak of this in the US yet. And those guys are normally open seven days a week. Tom Leung is probably drinking himself under the table right now.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Franklin on Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:07 am

big news the last day or so--
is the malarial drug that seems to show promise
and that it needs increased testing- with some european countries maybe starting to test it out
so we should have the news of the rests in a couple weeks

just a couple minutes ago on taiwanese news
they have said to the public that taiwan has also been doing research into the malarial drug
but has not tried it on any humans yet
they have been going through the steps and testing it on animals for several weeks
and say that it shows promise

they also said they are working one other tings as well
but did not elaborate further
except that they are optimistic that solutions will be found

Franklin
Franklin
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:21 am

windwalker wrote:
Trick wrote:so right now i read the online new of one of swedens biggest evening papers. they interview two infected with covid-19, they are sick as in influenza sick, they are not eldery and they seem at good spirit saying its not that bad and people worry too much. they are quaratined at home, so it seem not too dangerous........report from italy say, that 99% of the deceased has other health issues and mostly eldery citizens among the deceased. italy have big eldery population

It is interesting as many of the effects seem to be the same as the flu.
The most vulnerable populations the elderly and those with compromised immune systems, so far.
I am still wondering what exactly is the cause for much of the actions being taken now.

The numbers and effects compared to other virus
seem very similar or in some cases less .

yes im also somewhat puzzled by this whole thing...one thing is for sure, if media yell PANIC a big number of people will panic, of course panic sell better tnan 'harmony'.......As i mentioned from my perspective. i live in the south central of huainan and havent seen or heard of an infected in the area, i have friends all over the city and non of them have seen or heard of any infected, and we are in the neighbouring province to hubei wihere wuhan is the epicenter for this covid-19.....same with my friends up in dalian non has seen or heard of any infected........by seen or heard here i mean from an direct at reach source, not what is seen or heard on the media
Trick

Postby windwalker on Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:33 am

Trick wrote:yes im also somewhat puzzled by this whole thing...one thing is for sure, if media yell PANIC a big number of people will panic, of course panic sell better tnan 'harmony'.......As i mentioned from my perspective. i live in the south central of huainan and havent seen or heard of an infected in the area, i have friends all over the city and non of them have seen or heard of any infected, and we are in the neighbouring province to hubei wihere wuhan is the epicenter for this covid-19.....same with my friends up in dalian non has seen or heard of any infected........by seen or heard here i mean from an direct at reach source, not what is seen or heard on the media

Exactly.

If they tracked the other viruses or the flu season in the same way, it might cause the same reaction.
looking at the numbers not really understanding what the panic is about.

The flu has killed 20k people already according to
some reports. It’s still early maybe there’s more to it then being reported.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby everything on Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:33 am

Don't want to be too "meta" but yes, hard to tell what's happening via various media with their specific biases and coverage areas ... so wanted to hear directly from some people around the world here.
everything
Wuji

Postby Trick on Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:48 am

everything wrote:Here in NC, USA, there is a massive amount of pollen at the moment. OTOH, it's so nice outside that it's hard to to go enjoy it a little. It's making me sneeze and cough, which just slightly freaks me out a little bit..

yes i know what you mean, i too have pollen allergy. this evening i went to one of the noodle restaurants(very small place) for diner, and they had something spicy cooking and that smell makes me cough, i was trying to hold back which of course made the cough come out more focefull. tricky situation 8-)
Trick

Postby Trick on Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:03 am

shenxinhei wrote:Hey Peacedog,

If you haven't yet, check out John Chen's stuff at Elotus. A treasure trove of exactly what tcm docs in China have been doing for Covid 19. Problem is that all the herbal companies are running short or out of all the antivirals like sang ju yin and stronger like da qing ye, ban lan geng etc.

one very easy thing to do is to skip any dairy products especially milk, eat mackerel and herring. milk easily cause phlegm in the throat which is not desirable. the fishes got lots of vitamin D which is good for the lungs
Trick

Postby meeks on Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:00 pm

Trick wrote:
everything wrote:Here in NC, USA, there is a massive amount of pollen at the moment. OTOH, it's so nice outside that it's hard to to go enjoy it a little. It's making me sneeze and cough, which just slightly freaks me out a little bit..

yes i know what you mean, i too have pollen allergy. this evening i went to one of the noodle restaurants(very small place) for diner, and they had something spicy cooking and that smell makes me cough, i was trying to hold back which of course made the cough come out more focefull. tricky situation 8-)

When you cough in a restaurant because of the spicy food:
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Steve James on Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:43 pm

The numbers:

https://ncov2019.live/

Why you should be concerned. Check against any of the numbers above.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCa0JXEwDEk

Believe what you want.
Last edited by Steve James on Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby everything on Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:42 pm

What else are you doing to combat cabin fever?
everything
Wuji

Postby everything on Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:07 am

bailewen -

could you describe a little of what daily life is like over there? are people relaxing a little? what are errands like going to the store like now?
everything
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic