new thread on covid-19 updates in your location

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: new thread on covid-19 updates in your location

Postby windwalker on Mon May 04, 2020 8:28 pm

for those interested

The goal of this document is to examine evidence that may prove that (1) the SARS-CoV-2 virus was present at a biolaboratory in Wuhan, China, and (2) the SARS-CoV-2 virus was introduced into the greater Wuhan population by an infected lab worker or animal. These claims from this point on will be referred to as Claim 1 and Claim 2.

This document does not attempt to provide a concrete conclusion on whether either claim is factually true. Rather, it examines the probability that each claim is true to allow the reader to make his or her own conclusions. While either claim cannot be irrevocably proven true, an attempt has been made to ensure the evidence used to support these claims is as factual as possible.

If you would like to see a summarized version of every claim ("TL;DR") in this document, please see the Conclusion.

https://project-evidence.github.io/
"Writing your name on water. The greatest thing is to be ordinary."
windwalker
Wuji
 
Posts: 8227
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:08 am

Re: new thread on covid-19 updates in your location

Postby bailewen on Mon May 04, 2020 9:03 pm

yeah, keep trying to change the subject.

So what if it was created in lab in Wuhan?

Dead is still dead.

No response is still no response.

Still embarassing.

Still whining and complaining and finding someone to blame.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh...those meanie Chinese scientists did it to us. We are so incompentant and clueless that we can't protect ourselves...:(

oh, wooah is me. since the Chinese can't be relied on I guess there's noting the US can do to protect ourselves.

boo hoo.
Click here for my Baji Leitai clip.
www.xiangwuhui.com

p.s. the name is pronounced "buy le when"
User avatar
bailewen
Great Old One
 
Posts: 4870
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 11:20 am
Location: Xi'an - China

Re: new thread on covid-19 updates in your location

Postby windwalker on Mon May 04, 2020 9:17 pm

bailewen wrote:yeah, keep trying to change the subject.

So what if it was created in lab in Wuhan?

Dead is still dead.

No response is still no response.

Still embarassing.

Still whining and complaining and finding someone to blame.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh...those meanie Chinese scientists did it to us. We are so incompentant and clueless that we can't protect ourselves...:(

oh, wooah is me. since the Chinese can't be relied on I guess there's noting the US can do to protect ourselves.

boo hoo.


instead of talking shit on the net....
next time you come here lets talk...

or take it off line..
Last edited by windwalker on Mon May 04, 2020 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Writing your name on water. The greatest thing is to be ordinary."
windwalker
Wuji
 
Posts: 8227
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:08 am

Re: new thread on covid-19 updates in your location

Postby Trick on Mon May 04, 2020 11:53 pm

windwalker wrote:for those interested

The goal of this document is to examine evidence that may prove that (1) the SARS-CoV-2 virus was present at a biolaboratory in Wuhan, China, and (2) the SARS-CoV-2 virus was introduced into the greater Wuhan population by an infected lab worker or animal. These claims from this point on will be referred to as Claim 1 and Claim 2.

This document does not attempt to provide a concrete conclusion on whether either claim is factually true. Rather, it examines the probability that each claim is true to allow the reader to make his or her own conclusions. While either claim cannot be irrevocably proven true, an attempt has been made to ensure the evidence used to support these claims is as factual as possible.

If you would like to see a summarized version of every claim ("TL;DR") in this document, please see the Conclusion.

https://project-evidence.github.io/

I don’t know clearly about these virus names. Is “SARS-CoV-2” the same as “Covid-19” ?

There’s quite a lot of speculations and twisted information out there, especially outside of China toward China.
Now I’m in China, and here’s what I came up with, my conclusion.
It’s a cell within the WHO
who has infiltrated worlds all Biolabs of security level 4, and they have made an coordinated attack from those labs around the globe.....World Hate Organisation
Trick
Wuji
 
Posts: 3315
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:30 am

Re: new thread on covid-19 updates in your location

Postby Bao on Tue May 05, 2020 12:21 am

Is “SARS-CoV-2” the same as “Covid-19” ?


No, not exactly. SARS-CoV-2 is the name of the virus itself. Covid-19 is the disease, what you get from SARS-CoV-2

Edit: Oh, I see that it’s explained in the text:

SARS-CoV-2: The current coronavirus resulting in the COVID-19 pandemic.

2019-nCoV: The original name for SARS-CoV-2 before being renamed by the World Health Organization.

COVID-19: (CoronaVirus Infectious Disease 2019) The name of the disease that results from a SARS-CoV-2 viral infection. In severe cases, it leads to fatal pneumonia.
Last edited by Bao on Tue May 05, 2020 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One
 
Posts: 7446
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 12:46 pm
Location: High up north

Re: new thread on covid-19 updates in your location

Postby Bao on Tue May 05, 2020 12:52 am



Interesting.

Some claims summed up here:
- Conducted experiments with MERS-CoV in November 2019
- Used variants of SARS-CoV-1 to test disinfecting procedures
- Was actively hiring researchers to study bat coronaviruses and how they can infect other species in late November and December 2019

The problem is that people now believe that the virus was prevalent in Europe (Italy and Wales) and maybe in the US already in October 2019 (and maybe earlier than that, but earlier is speculation). If this is true, as well as the claims above, we can make the conclusion that the lab had nothing to do with Covid-19, as this research happened later, when the virus was already out there.

It's a good read as the text makes it clear that there exists no evidence what so ever and that it's about loose speculations only.
Last edited by Bao on Tue May 05, 2020 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One
 
Posts: 7446
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 12:46 pm
Location: High up north

Re: new thread on covid-19 updates in your location

Postby Trick on Tue May 05, 2020 2:55 am

Bao wrote:
Is “SARS-CoV-2” the same as “Covid-19” ?


No, not exactly. SARS-CoV-2 is the name of the virus itself. Covid-19 is the disease, what you get from SARS-CoV-2

Edit: Oh, I see that it’s explained in the text:

SARS-CoV-2: The current coronavirus resulting in the COVID-19 pandemic.

2019-nCoV: The original name for SARS-CoV-2 before being renamed by the World Health Organization.

COVID-19: (CoronaVirus Infectious Disease 2019) The name of the disease that results from a SARS-CoV-2 viral infection. In severe cases, it leads to fatal pneumonia.

Aha. thanks !
Trick
Wuji
 
Posts: 3315
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:30 am

Re: new thread on covid-19 updates in your location

Postby Trick on Tue May 05, 2020 2:59 am

Bao wrote:


Interesting.


- Used variants of SARS-CoV-1 to test disinfecting procedures

See here, Trump talk about disinfecting procedures too. He could be highly involved in all of this from the shady start
Trick
Wuji
 
Posts: 3315
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:30 am

Re: new thread on covid-19 updates in your location

Postby Bao on Fri May 08, 2020 1:22 am

More about how well Sweden protects its people. What a joke.

With EN subs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN8NwPHa7vk




Edit: But still, a lot of schools permit small children to stay at home with home schooling. Many smart headmasters want to make their schools less crowdy and respects parents in different risk groups. So in fact they disobey the general guidelines in order to protect children and their parents.
Last edited by Bao on Fri May 08, 2020 1:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One
 
Posts: 7446
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 12:46 pm
Location: High up north

Re: new thread on covid-19 updates in your location

Postby everything on Wed May 13, 2020 6:56 am

so here in NC USA, 7 day moving average of related deaths isn't quite flat or moving down, but we are already in stage 1 of re-opening (social distance rules, limited numbers in gathering, etc.). supposedly a ton of people went to the mall. ugh.

in better news, a friend of mine who works for a lab testing company said they have plenty of tests available (antibody test and swab test) and are only doing half of what they can do at this time. so I take that to mean test availability is improving, and that should help with the re-opening phases (have social distancing practices, masks, have enough hospital beds, have enough testing .... all in advance of any treatments, vaccines, "herd immunity", etc.). don't want a false sense of security, but that's some better news.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
User avatar
everything
Wuji
 
Posts: 5694
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 7:22 pm
Location: USA

Re: new thread on covid-19 updates in your location

Postby windwalker on Wed May 13, 2020 7:55 am

everything wrote:so here in NC USA, 7 day moving average of related deaths isn't quite flat or moving down, but we are already in stage 1 of re-opening (social distance rules, limited numbers in gathering, etc.). supposedly a ton of people went to the mall. ugh.

in better news, a friend of mine who works for a lab testing company said they have plenty of tests available (antibody test and swab test) and are only doing half of what they can do at this time. so I take that to mean test availability is improving, and that should help with the re-opening phases (have social distancing practices, masks, have enough hospital beds, have enough testing .... all in advance of any treatments, vaccines, "herd immunity", etc.). don't want a false sense of security, but that's some better news.


In Iceland, where a broad testing effort resulted in 5% of the country's population being tested for COVID-19, a lab study suggests that as many as 50% of people who have the disease show no symptoms. A study conducted in Singapore showed that patients with COVID-19 were able to spread the disease without showing symptoms themselves.
https://hub.jhu.edu/2020/05/12/gigi-gro ... passports/

Given that up to 50% + some reports suggest as high as 80% are asymptomatic what do you
feel should be done with those that are not sick or may not even know they have the virus ?

Although its been said that vaccines may be developed its also possible they may not be as with other viruses. The difference in most cases with the other viruses the latency period is very short, all will develop symptoms.

The virus is going to spread, its what it does.

Mass testing allows officials to utilize up-to-date and localized data on the disease spread, including identifying asymptomatic individuals who can then isolate themselves before they further spread the virus.

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues ... -continue/

what happens when they don't want to self isolate because they'er not sick...

South Korea has taken a unique approach to surveilling its citizens to contain the spread of the coronavirus, aided by a loosening of privacy laws during a 2015 outbreak of MERS that allows the government to access people’s personal data. The government monitors bank card, cell phone location, and CCTV data to identify people who may have come into contact with known cases and ensure they get tested.


"get tested " but may be asymptomatic...
Last edited by windwalker on Wed May 13, 2020 8:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Writing your name on water. The greatest thing is to be ordinary."
windwalker
Wuji
 
Posts: 8227
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:08 am

Re: new thread on covid-19 updates in your location

Postby windwalker on Wed May 13, 2020 8:13 am

Therefore, those individuals that refuse to cooperate with contact tracers and/or refuse testing, those individuals will not be allowed to leave their homes to purchase basic necessities such as groceries and/or prescriptions.

According to Governor Inslee those persons will need to make arrangements through friends, family, or a state provided “family support personnel.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/0 ... ave-homes/

sound reasonable right?
"Writing your name on water. The greatest thing is to be ordinary."
windwalker
Wuji
 
Posts: 8227
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:08 am

Re: new thread on covid-19 updates in your location

Postby everything on Wed May 13, 2020 9:19 am

something I read said something to the effect of epidemiologists look at the actual infection rate out of the testing rate, to try to account for more or less test volume and availability. that rate is going down.

at face value, this seems to make sense, but on second thought, it doesn't make sense since test availability is increasing. of course we would expect the confirmed cases as a % to drop if more people (who probably don't need it) are now getting tested!!!

so "fake news" or "dumb epidemiologists" or just "dumb news", I don't know. Journalists as a group probably weren't the top math students whereas epidemiologists probably were, so I tend to believe the news missed some basic math literacy when reporting this stuff.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
User avatar
everything
Wuji
 
Posts: 5694
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 7:22 pm
Location: USA

Re: new thread on covid-19 updates in your location

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed May 13, 2020 11:31 am

Chicago has had its highest positive and death rates to date yesterday and now the peak projection has been pushed out to mid July. Hospitals are busy, but not overwhelmed.

I heard from a friend that 50% of the deaths in state have been in nursing homes. That's really sad and surprised me.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
User avatar
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One
 
Posts: 2158
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: new thread on covid-19 updates in your location

Postby everything on Wed May 13, 2020 2:09 pm

I don't understand it. It's like we want to be #1 in the bad stats here in the USA. Confirmed cases, deaths, cases/capita, deaths/capita, how long it takes to flatten the curve. "For the economy".

It's hard for me to blame only politicians. This seems to be down to our "herd stupidity". However "herd stupidity" may be in part due to listening to the official re-open advice. I'm seeing more and more kids and adults in small groups walking or biking and without masks now when I head outside for a walk or ride. Thank goodness Cal State system and other schools and certain employers still seem to be able to apply a higher level of thinking. The cabin fever, pent up demand for doing stuff, and nice weather seem to be making the rest of us here just as idiotic as we ever are.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
User avatar
everything
Wuji
 
Posts: 5694
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 7:22 pm
Location: USA

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests