Anyone here sick?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Anyone here sick?

Postby meeks on Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:37 am

I've got a couple friends that are in self-quarantine because they're sick. One has completely dropped off the radar and hasn't responded to texts since last week - not that I'm incessantly bothering them, just touching base every 2-3 days to see if they need anything.

Thought it might be an idea to see how everyone is faring on the board. I've been self-quarantined for about 2 weeks now, but that's just me being careful - not sick.
Last edited by meeks on Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Re: Anyone here sick?

Postby everything on Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:12 pm

Have a slight cough that seems to vary with the pollen levels. Otherwise feel fine. Family is fine. We have been self-quarantined for about a week and a half, except for going to the grocery store, pharmacy, and getting some to-go food.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Michael on Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:11 pm

Not me nor anyone I know right now, but I believe my uncle got this at the end of December, as did a few friends shortly before that.
Michael

Postby Peacedog on Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:06 pm

I'm fairly convinced I contracted, and recovered from, this in Jan/Feb while in Thailand. The symptoms of a brief high fever, sore throat, weird headache and lingering breathing difficulties seemed to match. That said, I'm fully recovered now. In my case it was not all that serious, but sure was uncomfortable and scary. Chest X-ray indicated bronchitis at the time. I no longer have that, confirmed by CT.

The timeline looks good based off of all of the Chinese tourists in country, I was in the north where there guys congregate, and denials at the time from the Chinese government concerning the nature of what was going on. FWIW, I used Chinese herbal medicine to take care of the sore throat, fever and other initial symptoms. Mostly lung heat herbs. I followed up with azithromycin for five days to deal with the bronchitis and chest pain that followed.

When the main crush of cases has died down, I'll go get tested to see if I was exposed. I do have a meeting for a pulmonary function test tomorrow and with the pulmonologist. Hopefully no long term damage is done.
Last edited by Peacedog on Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:08 pm

What are their symptoms? The only universal one I've heard from people I know have contracted it is fatigue. The thing is that it's hard to distinguish if it's the virus (or another virus) or just plain depression. Anyway, I wrote in another thread that I had diarrhea. I can't say it was covid because I didn't get tested. Simple. It was just coughing, and I woke up for a few nights and had smelly liquid poo. No reason to even call the doctor. I didn't even take Tylenol. Btw, I've heard different reports that suggest avoiding Ibuprofen if you suspect you are suffering from covid. I would recommend that one looks it up and chooses for oneself.

I have a good friend who lives in a building with a few confirmed cases. He's been in bed resting. He lost his sense of smell and taste, and he had a fluctuating temperature. It would go up to 101 and then normalize, then go up again the next day. In either case, he just stays at home.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby everything on Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:31 pm

Yikes, guys, that is scary, but glad to hear you're recovered from it or something else.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:48 pm

2nd daughter is sick "flu" ? not known

Worked in a child care center now closed on a military base.
2 people tested positive a mother and her child...strangely enough the staff was not tested nor my
daughter who they say does not meet the criteria for testing "yet"

1st daughter had to close her business letting 9 people go. Very stressful time for all.

3rd daughter in Taiwan working in whats called a cram school,,,,with kids...still working
all taking the proper precautions according to their medical guidelines.

Taiwan along with reacting very early, pulled together as one having
had past experience with SARS

hopefully this ends soon.
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby everything on Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:21 pm

Yikes, hope they can recover/stay well in health and in business.
everything
Wuji

Postby meeks on Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:49 pm

Michael wrote:Not me nor anyone I know right now, but I believe my uncle got this at the end of December, as did a few friends shortly before that.

Hi Michael,
In China or USA?
"The power of Christ compels you!" *spank*
now with ADDED SMOOTHOSITY! ;D
meeks
Administrator

Postby Michael on Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:16 pm

ALl in USA.
Last edited by Michael on Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:48 pm

Not yet but I plan to be. My wife's hospital has stopped giving frontline testers proper PPE and has fired a nurse for speaking out about it. Doing my best to just stay put and more or less healthy. Basically, my time is spent between research while she's at work and taking care of her when she is home and awake. She got an email that she was "exposed" and is under orders to self-monitor, so temp taken twice a day but she is still at the hospital.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:59 pm

I hope you both remain healthy and that she gets a bonus.
Michael

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:37 pm

Thank you for that.

So far, her manager told her and her coworkers that they were going to get hazard pay, then HR recanted the same day. Then they were working for free. Now, they are all getting paid normal hours regardless of whether they work more or less. So, I guess good for some and bad for others? A bunch of the nurses said they would refuse to do testing unless they got gear but would step in to do phone informing/coordinating. Something tells me that they will come up with some proper PPE tomorrow, even if it has to be used all day. We shall see.

Anyway, I just told Toby that I will support whatever she wants to do and we will deal with the fallout.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:12 am

wife had quite a bad cough for two weeks back in Jan, but tests and x-ray didnt show anything. as for myself, nothing but a toothache a couple of days ago, lasted two days and went away. im surprised that my pollen allergy hasnt hit me as hard as it usually does, this is my first spring in this area of the city, live on the second floor with a big garden just outside, so im surprised......My first two years in china i had fewers quite often, after those two years nothing exept when the swine flu hit the scene i got really sick for a day but turned out to not be that flu, just a cold the docttor said....., been here 15 years now
Trick

Postby everything on Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:27 am

It looks like I have a small cough and low fever (below 100) now. Ugh. It usually happens to me every spring after allergies run me down. Not experiencing breathing issues or loss of taste and smell or other symptoms. It just sucks to have ANY symptoms right about now.

Hope everyone here is keeping well. Keep doing your social distance and washing hands etc.
everything
Wuji

Next

Return to Off the Topic